Is Committing Suicide Selfish

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Well, she's becoming one of my spirit wives when she hits her sexual prime at around 34, so I'm gon' have to ask you to fall dafuq back for the moment, umkay :smile:

:russ: Speaking of disturbing smilies.

Anyway, everyone has the right to end their life, it's their (personal) decision. If they're gonna do it, they will. It's not my place to really give an opinion on whether it's right or wrong if someone decides to end their life, on their own terms

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
yup...my Bible makes it clear u are heading straight to hell when u commit that.

Only God can give and take life.
So let me play "Sinner's Advocate" and suggest something based on the last statement made by "your" savior.
Luke 23:34
"Father forgive them, they know not what they do."

&
Luke 23:46
"
And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

It would suggest that your savior has a soft spot for individuals who, even if it were the murder of the Son of God, if they are truly ignorant to the gravity of their actions, they should be forgiven.

I mention that to suggest, if an individual is so mentally & emotionally tormented, to the point that all rational decision making is thrown out the window and they contemplate and actually commit suicide to take themselves away from it all, how can we truly say they were making a decision, complete w/ absolute "free will".

When a needle or hot coal is placed onto your skin, your instinctive, involuntary action is to move away from it. What happens when you have a "figurative" hot coal burning you mentally, how can we say that tragic act wasn't just a desperate "escape", if you will?

An if it can be argued that mental pain can become so traumatizing, that it can force irrational & bizarre decision making, how would that act of "truly not knowing what he did" is worse than Romans who brutally murdered the Son of God, but "were ignorant"?

The second passage basically shows the culmination of Jesus' acceptance of death which started in the Garden when Romans first took him away. He allowed himself to die , he accepted a death, that was preventable, if he allowed his disciples to bear sword against the Romans. He allowed his death to happen to effectively stop the suffering of sinners, but an individual who is trying to stop their own mental/physical suffering...is going to hell?

Interesting breh.

Last edited:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
So let me play "Sinner's Advocate" and suggest something based on the last statement made by "your" savior.
Luke 23:34
"Father forgive them, they know not what they do."

&
Luke 23:46
"
And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

It would suggest that your savior has a soft spot for individuals who, even if it were the murder of the Son of God, if they are truly ignorant to the gravity of their actions, they should be forgiven.

I mention that to suggest, if an individual is so mentally & emotionally tormented, to the point that all rational decision making is thrown out the window and they contemplate and actually commit suicide to take themselves away from it all, how can we truly say they were making a decision, complete w/ absolute "free will".

When a needle or hot coal is placed onto your skin, you instinctive, involuntary action is to move away from it. What happens when you have a "figurative" hot coal burning you mentally, how can we say that tragic act wasn't just a desperate "escape", if you will?

An if it can be argued that mental pain can become so traumatizing, that it can force irrational & bizarre decision making, how would that act of "truly not knowing what he did" is worse than Romans who brutally murdered the Son of God, but "were ignorant"?

The second passage basically shows the culmination of Jesus' acceptance of death which started in the Garden when Romans first took him away. He allowed himself to die , he accepted a death, that was preventable, if he allowed his disciples to bear sword against the Romans. He allowed his death to happen to effectively stop the suffering of sinners, but an individual who is trying to stop their own mental/physical suffering...is going to hell?

Interesting breh.

"It would suggest that your savior has a soft spot for individuals who, even if it were the murder of the Son of God, if they are truly ignorant to the gravity of their actions, they should be forgiven. "

Jesus referenced hell more times in the Bible than heaven.

The fact that you will compare the crucifixion of Jesus to suicide makes your argument NULL and VOID.
This is the type of comparison only gets made on the internet because in the real world people will laugh at you if you made it.

Suicide is a rebellion against God.

1 Corinthians 3:17
If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Jesus referenced hell more times in the Bible than heaven.

The fact that you will compare the crucifixion of Jesus to suicide makes your argument NULL and VOID.
This is the type of comparison only gets made on the internet because in the real world people will laugh at you if you made it.

Suicide is a rebellion against God.
:pachaha:Breh, I'm simply asking you questions. I'm interested in how you think.

How is it that ANYONE who destroy's God's temple, "the human body", God will destroy him, yet his last words state that God should forgive the people who absolutely brutalized Jesus' body?

The only thing I'm bringing to the table is that maybe the New Testament leaves room for interpretation and a "grey area" between what is/isn't a sin.

Aren't we supposed to be in the image and likeness of God? We should take certain parallels from Jesus' life and live by them. Of course none of us are going to be crucified today, but there are other ways of sacrifice.

Thoughts?

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah thats sucker shyt bro-gawd, why take your own life if you have a child to live for? If nothing else, exist on this world to improve the quality of life for the child YOU created..
I've seen a mom cry bcuz her son OD'd and after that I realized how much of a sucker nikka you gotta be to do that, everybody has issues and problems so as long as you aren't some hillbillly sex slave stuck in the mountains than you have options.

Plus you already know I :cape: 'd a crazy.. For the wave :wow:
That mentally unstable p*ssy will have you goin cray-cray for crazypuss.
cuckoo-cocoa-puffs.gif
:noah:

The woman wrote in her suicide note that it was her daughters fault as well smh.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Who gives a damn if its selfish? You're dead! You're not bound to mortal problems anymore. You should not have to continue suffering because of relations, and who ever claiming its the easy way out please by all means give a demonstration on how easy it is. I don't agree with suicide but i definitely do not blame people who are suffering and have no other option. Usually the people who are quick to judge those situations did nothing to help that person to begin with.

ellessij

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Suicide is very selfish. It doesn't end their pain, it just passes it on to everyone that loved them.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
That moment when you come back to a thread because someone dapped you up & get impressed by the arguments that you made yourself. :banderas:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Usually people who commit or consider suicide feel that people will either be better off without them or no one will miss them.

Sometimes it is selfish, if you are constantly in pain and you just want it to stop.

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
yup...my Bible makes it clear u are heading straight to hell when u commit that.

Only God can give and take life.
Thats fukked up. so u saying u have to endure a shytty life here and then if you decide you cant take it anymore and check out...you get shytty life in the here-after also?

:to: its no escape