Is Committing Suicide Selfish

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
Recently I had a friends sister kill herself and she had a teen daughter. But was clearly disturbed I suppose and couldn't bare it anymore.

Do you think that you should have the right to kill yourself?
Nah thats sucker shyt bro-gawd, why take your own life if you have a child to live for? If nothing else, exist on this world to improve the quality of life for the child YOU created..
I've seen a mom cry bcuz her son OD'd and after that I realized how much of a sucker nikka you gotta be to do that, everybody has issues and problems so as long as you aren't some hillbillly sex slave stuck in the mountains than you have options.

Plus you already know I :cape: 'd a crazy.. For the wave :wow:
That mentally unstable p*ssy will have you goin cray-cray for crazypuss.
cuckoo-cocoa-puffs.gif

Daps
And I hate this "it's selfish to ask someone who wants to end it to keep living" bullshyt as an excuse to say the act of suicide is not selfish.

If there's two cookies left, is it not selfish for a kid to eat both as opposed to letting his brother have one? Or am I just selfish for asking that kid to suppress his desire for dessert in the name of what is right?

Aside from the obvious magnitude of the situation, how is this different than calling a young mother who offs herself selfish for not thinking about her child? Even if I'm selfish for wanting her to stay alive and care for her child (which I'd actually agree with, I am), that doesn't make her act any less selfish.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
It depends on the suicide reason.

I have no problem with terminally ill/ALS/Alzheimer people OD'ing on pills. I mean they are going to die, and I personally cannot imagine living in my own body and not being able to move nor talk; it's like your own worst hell. I don't feel alot for teens when they commit suicide, just because they are young, and really haven't experience life yet to simply throw it all away.

Possum

Rookie
Daps
If one of my family members did it I dont know how I would feel. Especially if a parent did it? I dont know.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
We really are going to act like suicide is a well thought out decision by a sober minded individual?

Suicide, for the most part, is the culmination of a tormented individual, who, by the time the act is attempted, has already gone down the deep end of emotional distress.

For the most part, I consider those who've committed suicide to be victims. It's sad, you wish you could understand them. I feel bad for people who take that step, actually.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Yes depending on the situation, it is a tremendous burden on a family. Especially if you have people who depend on you, or that you are responsible for. I also believe it is a cop out. Granted some people are not mentally stable and have issues that need treatment. People just feel like they can't "deal" with life suicide is taking the "easy" way out in a difficult situation. You don't live in a world by yourself our actions 9 times out of 10 affect other people.