Is Chrono Trigger a GOAT RPG?

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Chrono Trigger is easily my favorite RPG of all time. I put it up there with any FF game, including FF7. Everything from the music to the color, especially during Chronos trial, we're stunning. I definitely say it is a GOAT contender. What dony'all think?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
yes, we’ve went over this.

chrono-trigger-anime.gif

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Yes. It is a top 3 game in the genre and a top 25 game of all time to me. I was already in my 20s in 1996 and I pre ordered the game from funco-land and I felt like a kid on Christmas. The gameplay, story, characters, art style are all S-Tier.

I think it is the first RPG with a bisexual character (Ayla)

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
more of an Earthbound guy myself :yeshrug:

I'm playing Eathbound rn for the first time, it's aged tremmendously better than Chrono Trigger.
I have found my people. Earthbound deserves all the praise that Chrono Trigger, for some reason, still gets to this day. Game held up amazingly and all the humor still hits. Chrono Trigger is ridiculously overrated, and this is coming from someone whose favorite genre is JRPGs

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I have found my people. Earthbound deserves all the praise that Chrono Trigger, for some reason, still gets to this day. Game held up amazingly and all the humor still hits. Chrono Trigger is ridiculously overrated, and this is coming from someone whose favorite genre is JRPGs

Earthbound gets love though. People still beg Nintendo to this day to port Mother 3. There’s like an entire sub genre of indie games inspired by it.

Chrono Trigger is unique because it’s one of a kind. We never really got a true sequel to it and all the people involved with it broke off and worked on other classic rpg series. I feel like every popular rpg series that exist today has some roots tied back to Chrono