Is Christian Bale the GOAT actor?

DalMem

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He got murked by that Carmen Sandiego lady in a Movie.

6958092V0J_o.jpg

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
your stanning is unbelievable right now :laugh:

I didn't make the statement. when I quoted son, I was finna call his post absolutely frivolous, but since I remembered how great RDJ was as Chaplin, I backed off out of respect to him.

and I like Adrien Brody by the way...he's been in some bullshyt movies for a minute tho. I don't know what happened to that nikka after The Pianist. Darjeeling Limited is probably the last Adrien Brody movie I liked

:manny:

If we're going off of singular movies, Brody in The Pianist >>> Both them dudes in anything they've ever fukking done. Regardless of recent history. And I love RDJ. His performances didn't stick out as much to me as Bale's however.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Brody in The Pianist >>> Both them dudes in anything they've ever fukking done.

I ain't mad at that :manny:

If we're going off of singular movies, like you said, then

3799598129_dbf84115f9.jpg

in THAT role right there bodies everybody mentioned in this thread (cept DDL, of course...he's unfukkwitable)

:pacspit:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
nikka got robbed son, download or netflix dead man walking tonight fam!

get your tissues ready...final scene is :wow:

Sean Penn's performance in that was legendary. it has a 93 on RT but you already know how IMDB gets down. its sitting on a 7.6 (which is still pretty high) because all the conservative cacs who were against the death penalty caught feelings and brought the votes down. it belongs in the top 250

:jawalrus:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
nikka got robbed son, download or netflix dead man walking tonight fam!

get your tissues ready...final scene is :wow:

Sean Penn's performance in that was legendary. it has a 93 on RT but you already know how IMDB gets down. its sitting on a 7.6 (which is still pretty high) because all the conservative cacs who were against the death penalty caught feelings and brought the votes down. it belongs in the top 250

:jawalrus:

I'll download it. Simply because you seem like you know what you're talking about with this movie shyt. Its not on Netflix tho.

Which means I'm going out of my way for this shyt. :rudy:

Luckily I found it on IPT. Bad news is it'll prolly take a day or so.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I'm skipping this thread, but Paul Newman >>>>>>

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead: this nikka just mentioned Philip Seymor Hoffman as a top actor? The rest of your post read like some shyt Roger Ebert would write.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
This thread also reminds me of how disappointing Joaquin Phoenix is turning out to be. Dude was really on that road to being the best of his generation.

SquirtleSwag

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This thread also reminds me of how disappointing Joaquin Phoenix is turning out to be. Dude was really on that road to being the best of his generation.
don't give up hope wodie

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpFzJXQMgCE]The Master - Official Teaser Trailer 2 [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sansprix

Around the way girl.
Daps
Reppin
[ First Lady of TBM ]
I was about to call this a bold faced lie, but then I remembered Downey's performance in Chaplin so hmm.

you might be on to something :leon:

I think people get thrown off by Bale's ability to lose unhealthy amounts of weight for roles. While that's impressive, no doubt, plenty of actors have done the same thing from Steve Zahn and Emile Hirsch to goddamn 50 Cent. I think Bale has been in some very good movies, but the only times he's really hit a homerun with his performances were American Psycho, The Machinist and The Fighter. People bring up the Prestige but that movie wasn't great because of his performance. You feel what I'm sayin? shyt was just a genius movie all around. The acting was fine, don't get me wrong...I ain't saying otherwise, but none of the performance were anything to :ohmy: over. it was just a good ass movie.

Great movie ≠ Great performance, just like a bad move ≠ bad performance. Case in point, Daniel Day fukkin Lewis in Gangs of New York...not exactly an excellent movie or anything, but he absolutely killed that shyt with one of the greatest performances ever on screen. Meryl Streep in Iron Lady. Again, movie wasn't that great (shyt sucked in my honest opinion) but her performance was excellent. Got her an oscar..

Nobody is touching Daniel Day Lewis as far as method acting. That nikka probably somewhere in London really believing in his heart that he's Abraham Lincoln.
:laugh: Word. I was just thinking that the other day.

Greatest of all time? No, He's definitely one of the best actors right now tho. Woody Harrelson looks like he's going for his spot with the roles he's been taking recently.

:russ::russ::russ:

:comeon:

And any top 3 actress list without Meryl Streep is null and void. Respect her gangsta.