Is Christian Bale the GOAT actor?

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
IMDB rating is bullshyt for the simple fact that its the public voting. Any group of internet kids can get behind a movie and push that shyts votes. Just look at the other movie I mentioned, Serinity.

Serinity by all means wasn't a bad movie, but a 7.9 on imdb is laughable as fukk...and I love Whedon

:birdman:

Whatever you say lol.

Thinking on it, I'd probably put PSH up there in the upper echelon. Somehow, someone needs to find a way to get him more starring roles.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Not GOAT, but he's in my current Top 3.

Solidified it when I saw The Fighter. He played that role incredibly.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Objective people say he is. :win:

american-psycho.jpg
as long as you acknowledge that you are the WOAT poster

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he saved himself with the fighter. He was falling off so bad that they yanked him off the public enemies poster and stopped using him to promote the flick.

Bale is coo, though. But Robert Downey Jr >>>> Christian Bale

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Carné Asada;780652 said:
he saved himself with the fighter. He was falling off so bad that they yanked him off the public enemies poster and stopped using him to promote the flick.

I was about to call this a bold faced lie, but then I remembered Downey's performance in Chaplin so hmm.

you might be on to something :leon:

I think people get thrown off by Bale's ability to lose unhealthy amounts of weight for roles. While that's impressive, no doubt, plenty of actors have done the same thing from Steve Zahn and Emile Hirsch to goddamn 50 Cent. I think Bale has been in some very good movies, but the only times he's really hit a homerun with his performances were American Psycho, The Machinist and The Fighter. People bring up the Prestige but that movie wasn't great because of his performance. You feel what I'm sayin? shyt was just a genius movie all around. The acting was fine, don't get me wrong...I ain't saying otherwise, but none of the performance were anything to :ohmy: over. it was just a good ass movie.

Great movie ≠ Great performance, just like a bad move ≠ bad performance. Case in point, Daniel Day fukkin Lewis in Gangs of New York...not exactly an excellent movie or anything, but he absolutely killed that shyt with one of the greatest performances ever on screen. Meryl Streep in Iron Lady. Again, movie wasn't that great (shyt sucked in my honest opinion) but her performance was excellent. Got her an oscar..

Nobody is touching Daniel Day Lewis as far as method acting. That nikka probably somewhere in London really believing in his heart that he's Abraham Lincoln.

Angel On The Rag

I'm bloody hungry!!
Daps
Reppin
Tampax Warehouse
Carné Asada;780652 said:

:childplease:

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Greatest of all time? No, He's definitely one of the best actors right now tho. Woody Harrelson looks like he's going for his spot with the roles he's been taking recently.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Woody is that dude tho. He's like Sam Rockwell...underachiever that probably never will reach their potential

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I was about to call this a bold faced lie, but then I remembered Downey's performance in Chaplin so hmm.

you might be on to something :leon:

I think people get thrown off by Bale's ability to lose unhealthy amounts of weight for roles. While that's impressive, no doubt, plenty of actors have done the same thing from Steve Zahn and Emile Hirsch to goddamn 50 Cent. I think Bale has been in some very good movies, but the only times he's really hit a homerun with his performances were American Psycho, The Machinist and The Fighter. People bring up the Prestige but that movie wasn't great because of his performance. You feel what I'm sayin? shyt was just a genius movie all around. The acting was fine, don't get me wrong...I ain't saying otherwise, but none of the performance were anything to :ohmy: over. it was just a good ass movie.

Great movie ≠ Great performance, just like a bad move ≠ bad performance. Case in point, Daniel Day fukkin Lewis in Gangs of New York...not exactly an excellent movie or anything, but he absolutely killed that shyt with one of the greatest performances ever on screen. Meryl Streep in Iron Lady. Again, movie wasn't that great (shyt sucked in my honest opinion) but her performance was excellent. Got her an oscar..

Nobody is touching Daniel Day Lewis as far as method acting. That nikka probably somewhere in London really believing in his heart that he's Abraham Lincoln.

That was a lot of talk to back up nothing about the RJ > Bale statement. Because that shyts false. I mean, if we go off of singular films n shyt then I'd go

Adrien Brody > Christian Bale > Me > RDJ

NIIIIIIGGGGGGGA

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woody is that dude tho. He's like Sam Rockwell...underachiever that probably never will reach their potential

He's not in the upper echelon though. Even after his performance in shyt like the messenger. Same with Rockwell. I had nothin but love for him after Moon.

Then...Iron Man 2. Good god that movie sucked.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
That was a lot of talk to back up nothing about the RJ > Bale statement. Because that shyts false. I mean, if we go off of singular films n shyt then I'd go

Adrien Brody > Christian Bale > Me > RDJ

NIIIIIIGGGGGGGA

your stanning is unbelievable right now :laugh:

I didn't make the statement. when I quoted son, I was finna call his post absolutely frivolous, but since I remembered how great RDJ was as Chaplin, I backed off out of respect to him.

and I like Adrien Brody by the way...he's been in some bullshyt movies for a minute tho. I don't know what happened to that nikka after The Pianist. Darjeeling Limited is probably the last Adrien Brody movie I liked

:manny: