Is Christian Bale the GOAT actor?

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Just curious...who are ur elite three actresses:leostare:

fukk his, mines are Jessica Chastain, Michelle Williams and Cate Blanchett

:jawalrus:

if Eva Green keep showin her snatch off on film, she gonna sneak in there eventually :damn:

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
:manny: I know some people were put off by all the ese slang but other than that I really liked it. I thought the friendship between them was really well done and not to mention not to mention Bale was really believable as someone affected with PTSD.

Each his own I guess...

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
I think Bale is a great actor, but I don't think he's the G.O.A.T. I have enjoyed most of his movies and maybe he can be the G.O.A.T. some day.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
nope. hes not even the best active actor in hollywood today. Daniel Day Lewis and Phillip Seymour Hoffman are 1A and 1B.

I like Bale but he's done some shyt roles. that training day spin off, the fake matrix movie with the black dude from how stella got her groove back, rescue dawn, terminator, etc.

Yeah. Equilibrium was critically acclaimed and anyone who isn't a fakkit loves that movie. And Rescue Dawn got high acclaim as well.

Gonna pretend like PSH is in all A+ movies? LOL fukk outta here

Anyways, Bale is my favorite actor out. Has been top 3 since Equilibrium. The Prestige solidified the number 1 spot.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Race and Looks aside, pure acting and performances of the roles they are given.

Jodie Foster
Charlize Theron
Cate Blanchett

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
All I know is American Psycho and The Prestige are amazing movies.

It just so happens that Chrisitan Bale was lead in both of them. Now does that make him the GOAT? Who am I to judge :manny:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Yeah. Equilibrium was critically acclaimed and anyone who isn't a fakkit loves that movie. And Rescue Dawn got high acclaim as well.

Gonna pretend like PSH is in all A+ movies? LOL fukk outta here

Anyways, Bale is my favorite actor out. Has been top 3 since Equilibrium. The Prestige solidified the number 1 spot.

more like people with shytty tastes in movies

equilibrium is one of the worst films ever son...btw, why is everyone dikkriding Bale but not mentioning 3:10 to Yuma which was his best performance in a while (aside from The Fighter)

and breh, never disrespect PSH again. He scene stealing ability might be the greatest ever. Dude demolished everyone in charlie wilson's war, moneyball, and ides of march with barely any screen time. If he was as dedicated to film as he was to acting in plays and all that, dude would be GOAT status.

EDIT: since when was equilibrium critically acclaimed by the way? shyt has a 37% on RT. there's just a group of nerds on the internet who seem to love it for whatever reason. Kinda like with that movie Serenity.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Would it go too far to say that Charlize is the female version of Bale. There prep work and how they transform themselves for roles is crazy and downright unhealthy as hell for there bodies. I remember Charlizes role for 'Monster'...the way she looked :why: Also Bale for his many bodily changes for his roles.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
more like people with shytty tastes in movies

equilibrium is one of the worst films ever son...btw, why is everyone dikkriding Bale but not mentioning 3:10 to Yuma which was his best performance in a while (aside from The Fighter)

and breh, never disrespect PSH again. He scene stealing ability might be the greatest ever. Dude demolished everyone in charlie wilson's war, moneyball, and ides of march with barely any screen time. If he was as dedicated to film as he was to acting in plays and all that, dude would be GOAT status.

EDIT: since when was equilibrium critically acclaimed by the way? shyt has a 37% on RT. there's just a group of nerds on the internet who seem to love it for whatever reason. Kinda like with that movie Serenity.

Yeah, you're overrating the fukk out of Hoffman. Cut that shyt out. He's a fat guy who can pull off intense. Not saying he's a bad actor, he's great, but :beli:

And I didn't mean critically. Just generally. Look at IMDB. Higher than all those movies you listed besides Moneyball. The PEOPLE find that movie to be great. And I guess nobody listed 3:10 to Yuma because overall it was somewhat forgettable. Most westerns seem to be.

Bale is less picky about the roles he picks. Due to that, he misses sometimes. So fukking what. Same with De Niro. And Pacino. And even fukking Marlon Brando. That doesn't take away how fukking great they are.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Would it go too far to say that Charlize is the female version of Bale. There prep work and how they transform themselves for roles is crazy and downright unhealthy as hell for there bodies. I remember Charlizes role for 'Monster'...the way she looked :why: Also Bale for his many bodily changes for his roles.

I can see how they can compare....but on the flipside Charlize woulda been a helluva better choice for Catwoman:skip:

fukk Anne Hathaway:pacspit:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Yeah, you're overrating the fukk out of Hoffman. Cut that shyt out. He's a fat guy who can pull off intense. Not saying he's a bad actor, he's great, but :beli:

And I didn't mean critically. Just generally. Look at IMDB. Higher than all those movies you listed besides Moneyball. The PEOPLE find that movie to be great. And I guess nobody listed 3:10 to Yuma because overall it was somewhat forgettable. Most westerns seem to be.

Bale is less picky about the roles he picks. Due to that, he misses sometimes. So fukking what. Same with De Niro. And Pacino. And even fukking Marlon Brando. That doesn't take away how fukking great they are.

IMDB rating is bullshyt for the simple fact that its the public voting. Any group of internet kids can get behind a movie and push that shyts votes. Just look at the other movie I mentioned, Serinity.

Serinity by all means wasn't a bad movie, but a 7.9 on imdb is laughable as fukk...and I love Whedon

fukk Anne Hathaway:pacspit:

:deadrose:

was that you on SOHH who hated ann hathaway and rasario dawson? :laff:

nikka used to go on rants about killing them bytches