is Birdman a blood or a crip? (with photo)

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
2a66yk0.png

:laff:

Man them nikkas look like some clowns

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i know they had spread out long before then but from everything i've heard from people from NO and just reading shyt online they were never in NO like that. a C is a C, in different contexts it can mean different things. if you're walking around Watts in a blood hood and you start throwing up C's you'll be in trouble whether you know it or not but if you're walking around the Bronx & throw it up while shouting out something about Chicago then you're probably not gonna get hit up about what set you claim.

Again, :dwillhuh:

Where are you from man? People were getting beat the fukk up in my middle school over gang shyt. Bringing guns to school and shyt. Central, on East Linwood. I never been to NO, no idea what goes on there, but if you were in any urban area in the 80's and 90's a B or a C had a very specific meaning. I don't know what these rap dudes are doing but it looks :patrice:

Fred.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Again, :dwillhuh:

Where are you from man? People were getting beat the fukk up in my middle school over gang shyt. Bringing guns to school and shyt. Central, on East Linwood. I never been to NO, no idea what goes on there, but if you were in any urban area in the 80's and 90's a B or a C had a very specific meaning. I don't know what these rap dudes are doing but it looks :patrice:

Fred.

we got fake gangsta wannabe c*nts down here and real gangs too. not bloods and crips but i'm just going on everything i've ever heard about New Orleans, it's never been a blood & crip gang city. Chicago has different gangs too doesn't it? latin kings and all that but they don't really have b's & c's like that as far as i know. bloods and crips DID take over a lot of the US and even some places around the world, i think there's "real" bloods in South Africa and shyt but it really depends on where you live if you're going to get fukked up over blood or crip. in NO you get fukked up over blocks & wards & shyt, where you're from rather than what gang you're with.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I think we need input from LA cats, what do you make of this? is he just throwing this up in reference to something else?

@spaceXjamzZ is right. I'm from LA and I was in louisiana for a couple of years before wayne and bird man started so called banging blood.

In louisiana they really beef city to city. Like baton rouge vs new orleans. Shereveport vs monroe and in batton rouge it was just neighborhoods vs each other. There was no blood and crip shyt there. I even had a clown from new orleans tell me that the blood and crip shyt will not work in NOLA because everybody is for their own.

But now catz in the boot are banging blood and crip. Clowns. Boosie jumped on the band waggon also, including trill fam, foxx webbie and hurricane chris.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
in NO you get fukked up over blocks & wards & shyt, where you're from rather than what gang you're with.

Basically this, which makes shyt all the more stressful because you can't readily identify who's from what area just by looking at them unless they had identifying tattoos or used lingo (shaggy/woadie) that was more popular in certain wards.

New Orleans is a small city, and reputations are very important, everyone wants to be known and go to great lengths to make a name for themselves so they're known throughout the city, social media has only served to exacerbate this problem.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Hold up, you nikkas :cape: for him right now saying him doing the crip sign is just coincidence but y'all not explaining why he wear blue rags also, or is that coincidence also :mjlol:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Hold up, you nikkas :cape: for him right now saying him doing the crip sign is just coincidence but y'all not explaining why he wear blue rags also, or is that coincidence also :mjlol:

There's a zero percent chance any of y'all in this thread have been on a rap messageboard for any significant amount of time and not seen this exact thread made less than a dozen or so times... The pic in the op is from the Rick Roll meme era :heh: ... Baby nor Wayne have ever claimed to be crips (though have been some in their entourage even until this very day along with chitown gds like jojo capone, zoes from Mia, etcs that are close cash money affiliates) ... During the late 90s hot boy era they all wore rags of various colors as little more than fashion accessories, not as gang flags.. And they didn't explicitly claiming blood until the early-mid aughts

Long story short, yeah it's a coincidence...

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
There's a zero percent chance any of y'all in this thread have been on a rap messageboard for any significant amount of time and not seen this exact thread made less than a dozen or so times... The pic in the op is from the Rick Roll meme era :heh: ... Baby nor Wayne have ever claimed to be crips (though have been some in their entourage even until this very day along with chitown gds like jojo capone, zoes from Mia, etcs that are close cash money affiliates) ... During the late 90s hot boy era they all wore rags of various colors as little more than fashion accessories, not as gang flags.. And they didn't explicitly claiming blood until the early-mid aughts

Long story short, yeah it's a coincidence...

wearing blue rags and throwing up C's is a coincidence? they knew what that shyt meant, it just didn't matter to them at the time because bloods and crips weren't deep in LA at the time. later on down the line :birdman: started repn blood. :sas1:

he prolly just switched it up, these blood and crip sets that exist there had to come from somewhere. they're prolly mostly composed of kids that were gangbangin before, and adopted the culture.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
wearing blue rags and throwing up C's is a coincidence? they knew what that shyt meant, it just didn't matter to them at the time because bloods and crips weren't deep in LA at the time. later on down the line :birdman: started repn blood. :sas1:

he prolly just switched it up these blood and crip sets that exist there had to come from somewhere. they're prolly mostly composed of kids that were gangbangin before, and adopted the culture.

Knowing that throwing up Cs and blue rags can represent crip membership... And actually throwing up crip signs and claiming to be a crop are two different things... There's a reason why these corny memes are screen caps from actually widely popular music videos deliberately stripped of all context and intentionally misinterpreted, instead of people just posting the video and saying "look at baby claiming crip at the 1:25 mark of this random video where they're wearing a different color rag in every other scene "... Because it then becomes obvious the shyt didn't have nothing to do with claiming to be crips... Baby claiming crip was never a " thing", it's some revisionist Internet shyt that popped up years after the fact because people were mad they started blood years later