Is anyone ready to have a real conversation about Avengers End-Game?

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
A bunch of trash opinions in here. Yes I’m a go ahead and ignore this thread.

Carry on

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Mid as fukk. Can't even lie. I can rewatch Infinity War a million times. Only ran End Game back like once or twice.

SAW END GAME IN THE THEATER...
NEVER WATCHED IT AGAIN...

SAW IW TWICE IN THE THEATER,
COPPED THE 4K DISC AND
STILL GETS SPINS EVERY NOW
AND THEN.

:devil:
:evil:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I enjoyed the movie but as for the theater event in itself, I had people sitting all around me crying their eyes out during the ending of that film and a lot of them were grown men. I hope they look back on that experience and are embarrassed. :scust:
I told the story in here on when I went to see End Game. A big musclebound tattooed, around 300 pound MAGA looking cat was in the seat next mine. He actually was mad cool. So when I sat down he started talking about how excited he was for the movie and all he did to prepare. During the Tony Stark death he was full blown bawling. Crying so hard that his body was causing my seat to shake. And this was one of them joints that had reclining leather seats that weren't directly touching.

As far as the thread can't just eliminate the fight scene and judge considering everything in the movie was building up to the final fight. Still a great movie. I've watched it about five times at this point and still love it.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
same here. was dumb to me cause it was never really explained why he was suddenly able to wield it. it was just something the audience wanted to see so they had to do it before retiring the character

didn't really like the final battle as a whole either. thought it started off good with the main team vs. thanos but the massive cg corporate mandated battle did nothing for me. the end result was iron man getting the stones and I felt they could've got there without all the excess

Why you think thor said “I knew it”

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The big battle saves it. Unlike Infinity War which is a nonstop full throttle race to the finish line only to find out you was in second place from the beginning and was always gon be second place, Endgame is more of a nostalgic trip through the years. That middle section is a slog that is only truly enjoyable watching it for the first time. On rewatches, I was bored and ready to get to the finale. But hey I’ll never forget Infinity War/Endgame theater experiences. There was nothing like being there day 1.
This is why Infinity War wins. That tension never stops

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
same here. was dumb to me cause it was never really explained why he was suddenly able to wield it. it was just something the audience wanted to see so they had to do it before retiring the character
It was built up and foreshadowed from Age Of Ultron and serves as a defining moment of Steve Rogers' arc in the MCU

Cap's selflessness and heroism up to this point has deemed him worthy

In AOU he nudges it which means "he's not worthy, but he has what it takes. Let's see what the future holds"

In the future he leads the remaining Avengers across space and time to try to bring back trillions of lives previously thought to be lost forever. If that don't make you worthy what the fukk will?:russ:

Cap being worthy to wield the hammer was the hammer acknowledging that "Yes. You've earned this. Do your best"

It bookends and defines Steve's life as Captain America. The scrawny kid that jumped on a grenade to save his fellow troops now gets to save the entire universe

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, that's kinda like saying if we take Harry defeating Voldemort away from the Deathly Hallows :heh:

Marvel created a seamless movie experience for 11-12 years and nailed it.

For the sake of the thread though, I do have Infinity War slightly higher but, just slightly.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It was built up and foreshadowed from Age Of Ultron and serves as a defining moment of Steve Rogers' arc in the MCU

Cap's selflessness and heroism up to this point has deemed him worthy

In AOU he nudges it which means "he's not worthy, but he has what it takes. Let's see what the future holds"

In the future he leads the remaining Avengers across space and time to try to bring back trillions of lives previously thought to be lost forever. If that don't make you worthy what the fukk will?:russ:

Cap being worthy to wield the hammer was the hammer acknowledging that "Yes. You've earned this. Do your best"

It bookends and defines Steve's life as Captain America. The scrawny kid that jumped on a grenade to save his fellow troops now gets to save the entire universe
Nah he nudged it and the theory was he didn’t want to embarrass Thor. that’s why thor said “I knew it”

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah he nudged it and the theory was he didn’t want to embarrass Thor. that’s why thor said “I knew it”
It don't work that way because it makes Cap look arrogant and presumptuous

It takes a lot of audacity to just presume you can weild the hammer out of the blue like that. And Cap at that point don't have enough skin in the game. The nudge was symbolizing "Hey. This guy is on the right track"

Thor said "I knew it" because he always suspected Cap had what it took to eventually become worthy. Mind you Thor would know because he's had to earn his worthiness on more than one occasion.

Thor has also fought across the universe for centuries. Cap before Endgame had only fought to defend Earth. Now in Endgame he's in Thor's territory and the God's/hammer recognize Cap's worthiness to fight the ultimate war for life

The movie could've shown it but it would've ruined the element of surprise but in Endgame it's obvious Cap made a judgement call and essentially a prayer hoping that he was worthy enough to save the lives of everyone everywhere.

Steve reaching out for the hammer is a reflection of what he said at the beginning of the movie "This has to work. Because I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't" It's in just about every hero's tale. It's the leap of faith in the face of overwhelming odds. It's also the peak leap of faith in a movie that is all about leaps of faith

In the context of everything presented about MCU Steve it's pretty much laid out for you to decipher

When you lay out just the timeline of Cap earning his worthiness it's a brilliant story on it's own

Last edited: