Is anyone else ANTI-SOCIAL NETWORKING???

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I'm surprised

A place that is a haven for overachieving introverts who are great with women and very successful in life are anti social when it comes to dealing with and interacting with real people

:beli:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yes the title is an oxymoron but 1st let me just say that I've had time to really think about this and honestly I really don't see the point. It started with Black Planet when I was in college, then it went to Myspace, then it went to Facebook, then Twitter, Then Instagram. So keeping up with your friends and family is cool but it's not about that. It's turned into High School all over again. People beefing on line, People lying about their lives and status to look good. Then when I see my aunts and parents on there or friends parents I'm like really? Mom Dukes? There was a time that me and my friends did things and my parents would never know about it. Now they just need to log on, lol.

Honestly even though I'm a product of the Technological age, I've really become Anti-Social Networking. No I don't need to tell you everything I'm doing and everywhere I'm going. No you don't need to see a photo of what I'm doing day in and day out. If and When I finally have a Kid, No I will not post pictures of my babymoms/wife in the hospital after giving birth. To me the whole thing has gotten out of control and I think people have taken way to far. Also by posting a photo you have put it online forever, nothing can take it down. Remember when we had photo albums and photos use to be an itimate thing between you friend and family? Well that's gone too. Overall It's like some people want to be some celebrity or something. So am I alone? is anyone else tired of Social Networking?

SHOTS FIRED @ a poster here.

I agree fully. Most folks don't know that the CIA be spyin on ya and use facebook as easy reference to save money and time.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
I'm surprised

A place that is a haven for overachieving introverts who are great with women and very successful in life are anti social when it comes to dealing with and interacting with real people

The thing is most people not 'under the spell' wouldn't call what goes on on social networks "dealing and interacting", and the vast majority of one's facebook friends aren't "real people" either.:ld:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
SHOTS FIRED @ a poster here.

I agree fully. Most folks don't know that the CIA be spyin on ya and use facebook as easy reference to save money and time.

Honestly I wasn't talking about anyone up here cause I don't know if someone did that. But I remember a close friends of mine posted pictures of herself literally right after birth looking a hot mess and I thought, "Remember when a baby being born was private, now people feel the need to show themselves right after birth". Again if that's what you want to do, fine but to me it's getting extreme. Not to get conspiracy theory but I agree, Facebook is the greatest gift to the CIA and FBI ever. People not only give photos of their friends and what they look like. Even people post where they are going or where they been on the "Maps" section. It's amazing how much information people are making public online now. This spoof video was so funny cause it's true:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk3I-a3CJdo[/ame]

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
I'm surprised

Over achieving introverts are good with women.

They attract high caliber gold diggers.

I've seen doctors, lawyers and business owners - people in the upper at chew long of society struggle maintaining/sustaining their love lives/personal relationships because the concept is so foreign to them (all those years they spent in school/work/developing their venture and capital, etc.).

But real deal like April O'neal?!?!

I may not be raking in copious levels of cash, but i got a peace of mind that parallels a monk in his utmost state of nirvana. It's the key to happiness. How successful are you if you struggle with something like flourishing in love and relationships? That alone is damaging to the all mighty human condition; your mind.

Your mind is so important to your overal health. And they say that your health is your ultimate wealth - if that's the case, i'm ballin'.

If game recognize game... they haven't even had a peep of my exclusive interactive entertainment console yet.

:queen:

As far as social media is concerned. We live in a society filled with lemmings and conformists; people who think they are so inventive, atypical or "outside of the box" are just idealists who believe their way of thinking is so revolutionary, creative and novel but its far from.

They say that, "What you eat dont make me shiit."

I say...

"Just cuz she's a freak... don't mean i wanna skeet!"

:piss:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Also Employers are now looking up people's Facebook's and twitter and making hiring decisions off that. A friend of mines said her Boss didn't hire someone cause she saw some crazy photos on Facebook and told other staff about it. Like one of my boys has like 1,000 photos of him blazin Ganja on Twitter day in and day out and I told him he probably won't be able to get a job if they see that.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
one of my good friends was trying to argue with me about the merits of facebook as a "learning" tool. He kept trying to convince me that facebook is the greatest learning tool because everyone is on there passing information around. Mind you this is someone that doesn't have the attention span to sit down and read a whole book and argues that youtube teaches him more than a book because he's a visual learner. I just broke him off with the :birdman: face because I didn't even know where to start going in on all the ignorance he was spouting off.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Its a catch 22 on chicks that attention whore and get gassed up on them simps. If you see a chick with over 100 photos/ videos and 1500+ "friends" then she ain't gonna be wife material. Attention whoring extroverted women are not made for anything but to fukk.

Daps
Reppin
los angeles
Google your name and search images. If you have pictures pop up :ufdup:..Use different variations as well such as middle name or nick name. It's kind of hard to completely scrub it because of google earth, prior residences and stuff, but usually a person would have to purchase that type of information and that would only be used by an employer for background checks or clearances.

But if you can google image yourself doing some wild shyt you stupid.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Well at this point I consider Facebook a big azz family/friends photo album. I haven't typed a status on there in over a year. Just post pics for my older family members to see..

Instagram is kind of pointless outside of the filters for pics. especially now that its linked with FB. 90% of the people who take pics on Instagram post them to facebook anyway.

Twitter is the only one I actually fukk with, and its mainly because its random and it probably the quickest way to get info on music, sports, news etc if you follow the right people...

But at the end of the day, they are all basically regular people starring in their own movies. its crazy when you see people you know and that ALWAYS reserved talking all wreckless and crazy on social media. But I think the reason why is it so successful that it allows people to portray themselves as something they aren't and people have been trying to do that way before the internet and social media

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
one of my good friends was trying to argue with me about the merits of facebook as a "learning" tool. He kept trying to convince me that facebook is the greatest learning tool because everyone is on there passing information around. Mind you this is someone that doesn't have the attention span to sit down and read a whole book and argues that youtube teaches him more than a book because he's a visual learner. I just broke him off with the :birdman: face because I didn't even know where to start going in on all the ignorance he was spouting off.

Wikipedia is more of a Learning tool than facebook to me. Even if all the information isn't 100% correct, the fact that everyone gets to share information they may know is powerful. Facebook is a damn popularity contest, this is why I compared to High School. Youtube is powerful though. Out of all the new Tech things that came out of this past decade, Youtube to me was the best.

I mean I use to record my favorite videos off Rap City and MTV Jams in High Schools. Kids have it so lucky today with Youtube. My issue with Youtube is now everyone thinks they are a star when they aren't just cause they got some youtube followers. But as far as information, you friend has a point. A lot of videos on Youtube can help you out as people give real life experience behind a certain topic. He's dead wrong about Facebook though. And he needs to pick up a damn book talking about "Visual Learner", lol.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Yes the title is an oxymoron but 1st let me just say that I've had time to really think about this and honestly I really don't see the point. It started with Black Planet when I was in college, then it went to Myspace, then it went to Facebook, then Twitter, Then Instagram. So keeping up with your friends and family is cool but it's not about that. It's turned into High School all over again. People beefing on line, People lying about their lives and status to look good. Then when I see my aunts and parents on there or friends parents I'm like really? Mom Dukes? There was a time that me and my friends did things and my parents would never know about it. Now they just need to log on, lol.

Honestly even though I'm a product of the Technological age, I've really become Anti-Social Networking. No I don't need to tell you everything I'm doing and everywhere I'm going. No you don't need to see a photo of what I'm doing day in and day out. If and When I finally have a Kid, No I will not post pictures of my babymoms/wife in the hospital after giving birth. To me the whole thing has gotten out of control and I think people have taken way to far. Also by posting a photo you have put it online forever, nothing can take it down. Remember when we had photo albums and photos use to be an itimate thing between you friend and family? Well that's gone too. Overall It's like some people want to be some celebrity or something. So am I alone? is anyone else tired of Social Networking?

no_facebook.png

no_twitter.gif

no-instagram.jpg

"You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with its desire; you build egos the size of cathedrals; fiber-optically connect the world to every eager impulse; grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green, gold-plated fantasies, until every human becomes an aspiring emperor, becomes his own God... and where can you go from there?" - john milton/satan (al pacino)

th

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Facebook Inc
NASDAQ: FB - Mar 5 5:10pm ET
27.52-0.20‎ (-0.72%‎)
After Hours: 27.49-0.03‎ (-0.11%‎)

1d
5d
1m
6m
1y
5y
max
Open
High
Low

Them Facebook Stocks been struggle hard cause there bread and butter is your pictures. They don't really make anything which is why I've noticed they've been pushing Advertising on people Timeline. It's already falling off to me.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
No facebook twitter, and instagram

All I have is a Flickr

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk breh