Is An Office Job (Cubicles) The WOAT Life?

TL15

Veteran
Daps
It's definitely a grind but if you are "just doing it" then you need to reconsider yourself. Always have a plan that is YOUR plan (whether moving up, moving out, becoming an entrepreneur) and work your plan.

Have an exit strategy and a timeline. Until then it beats digging ditches :yeshrug:

MillionMills

Superstar
Daps
Lets be honest.... u hate cube life cause its a realization that u dont have what it takes to be independent, and u are caught up in meaningless title bullshyt. CEOs and 7 figure execs are "cube life" too breh.
:mjlol:
I'm working on becoming independent already, I've only worked in cube life for <2 years. I dont give a fukk about titles, I dont even want to promote. I'm just collecting checks right now paying off debt. No debt = freedom

People at my job are caught up in promoting to manager/partner. I could care less

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed. I'm still young (25 in a month) so I can plot my way out.
The environment is just downright soul-crushing and toxic. There is no way I can do this for the next 5 years even, let alone 20-40.
It turns you into a drone, with no life or passion inside. I look around my office and I know these people are not happy, you can see it on their face. But they have kids/mortgage and cant do anything about it. It's awful

Exactly. And it's very easy to get comfortable cause you get a cushy salary, benefits, sick days, etc and all that is cool but like you said, it rips you up inside cause you know it's nothing you truly want to do for the next 20-30 years but so many people got kids, mortgages, and they're stuck. I have what most would consider a "good" career and many would want to be in my position and I feel ungrateful at times but I'm like hell, this shyt is wack. Especially when you work for a "big" company, you just a cog in their machine and you see it crystal clear with office politics and the way management operates. shyt truly is soul crushing.

Luckily for me, I have no kids, mortgage but I can't be doing this. If I do have to be a corporate drone, I need to do it somewhere in California or something where I can be depressed but at least go to the beach after a fukked up day in the office :to:

PeridotPuss

Levels on levels on levels ahead
Supporter
Daps
I like my office job and my cube :to: I'd rather like. ...not work at all but I need money :to: I just wish office buildings had more windows

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
:mjlol:
I'm working on becoming independent already, I've only worked in cube life for <2 years. I dont give a fukk about titles, I dont even want to promote. I'm just collecting checks right now paying off debt. No debt = freedom

People at my job are caught up in promoting to manager/partner. I could care less
"Becoming independent" is just another title breh. Thats what you don't understand. You sound just as goofy as the people you dump on for wanting to be manager/partner.

ANY avenue to more revenue that lets you live the life you want to lead is a good one. Independent or not :yeshrug:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
shyt's rather fly to me.

Got all these women in here trying to out dress each other.

Friday is jeans day. shyt don't make no sense how they be squeezin them bottoms into them jeans Breh.

I kind of wander around as much as I want bullshytting. Somehow I am seen as sort of a vet around here.

The only other jobs I have had are ones where you stand and physically work all day.

Fukc that shyt.
Thats how i was at my last office job. Me and the managers were cool so it didnt matter that i was getting all my work done lol. Some of the other workers used to snitch on me and when i would have to talk with one of the managers about it we would laugh about how petty the other employees were. I was the only Blackman in the department.

If youre a social person and can get work done quickly office jobs are kind of easy. It always helps if there pretty women too.