Is 5Linx a pyramid scam?

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
dude basically almost admitted that its a scam but the video cut off before he could spill the beans

"I make money off one dvd, show it to yal n1ggas and u sign up for $400"

Last edited by a moderator:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The major illusion to these scams is they fool the members into thinking their part of business, when they're really the customer. Most of the business money comes from the initial signup fee 400-600$, the fees from seminars and motivational dvds and tapes. They don't care if you sell one item.

Sad thing is these delusional members will fight you tooth and nail to defend these crooks.

it's not that they are fighting to defend the cats that ripped them off. they are fighting to make you believe that they didn't in fact get duped.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
What is this 5 linx shyt and what are they peddling?

5 Linx claims that they can get your bills (light, heat, phone) cheaper and make money off of it. I know a few people that do that shyt who made a profit off of it. One person even quit their second job cause of it

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I hear this all the time, but nobody ever tells me what the fukk they're selling :what:

Exactly, I almost stopped fukkin with one of my potnas cause of some shyt like this. he kept trying to get me to come to the meetings and I kept asking him what it was all about.. he just said "you gotta come" I'm like :childplease: you know me bruh and I don't got time for no bullshyt.... then he was like, "What if I told you that you can get all the items you normally buy from Wal-Mart for half the price. Would you want that? I'm like hell yeah... he's like well come to the meeting and it can happen.... I was like :pacshyt: fukk that shyt nikka, I got a job :heh:

A year later that nikka had moved back in with his mom trying to "get back on his feet"

Ever since then I know all them bullshyt "Once you get 5 people to join you make money off them" schemes only benefit the people at the very top and they basically want you to scam your fam and friends to get them more paper

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
Exactly, I almost stopped fukkin with one of my potnas cause of some shyt like this. he kept trying to get me to come to the meetings and I kept asking him what it was all about.. he just said "you gotta come" I'm like :childplease: you know me bruh and I don't got time for no bullshyt.... then he was like, "What if I told you that you can get all the items you normally buy from Wal-Mart for half the price. Would you want that? I'm like hell yeah... he's like well come to the meeting and it can happen.... I was like :pacshyt: fukk that shyt nikka, I got a job :heh:

A year later that nikka had moved back in with his mom trying to "get back on his feet"

Ever since then I know all them bullshyt "Once you get 5 people to join you make money off them" schemes only benefit the people at the very top and they basically want you to scam your fam and friends to get them more paper

the red flag for me was the $400 start up fee PLUS the $50 a month to REMAIN a member

it's just money coming OUT of ur pocket and NONE going in.....

and even if u do get people to sign up, how much are u getting off these people? like 50 cents a month or some stupid sh1t? :rudy:

and those people u got to sign up are stuck with a $50 monthly bill on top of the $400 for the "products"........

The only response I've heard to that sh1t is that "it's an OPPORTUNITY, not a job".....An opporunity to get BURNT :smugfavre:

"Stay with it for about 5 years and if u don't like it then atleast u tried "

word?

5 years of me paying $50 a month trying to con my friends into joining and falling for the same trick

:ufdup:

and to be fair, their argument that every job in America is basically a pyramid scheme is correct also, it still doesn't make them less bullsh1t

Capitalism as a whole in America is criminal....... Every time I watch the news and hear about some poor innocent folks getting killed and robbed, Bank Robberies etc... I secretly just laugh and blame capitalism for creating the environment for these types of things to continue to happen. It's hard to feel sorry for people who intentionally hurt themselves

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I have said my story before but I don't know anyone that has truly made it. There is a guy that's at the pool hall that I play at and he's in something. I don't know what because he hasn't approached me about it but he has approached other people and they didn't give him the time of day. He's hard at work with whatever he's doing. I mean, if you can make money with it, that's cool and all but I don't know anyone that can say they are "Living The Dream" because it seems to me like their hustling 24/7 trying to get someone to sign up with them.

Breh run for the hills and whatever you do, DO NOT go to a Meeting. It's gonna be a bunch of mindless drones trying extra hard for you to sign up for the shyt. They have the psychological all planned, with scripts for your every rebuttal. The shyt is so offputting because you tell them, I jut came to check it out and they put pieces of papers in front of you telling you to sign here and do that. I was like :childplease:, get that piece of paper the fukk out my face b :birdman:

n1ggas stay getting got, by cutco adn them knives

Really tho it's Ivy league educated nikkas who are duped so I can see how your average Joe can get caught up. I know a girl from UPenn who tried to get me in the Primerica bullshyt. She was telling me how she tried to recruit her roommate and her roommate was already doing it. Tried to use that as a reason for me to join, talking about "see everybody's doing it". I was just :mindblown: like how do you not see the inherent flaw in this, if you supposed to be recruiting ppl and you have your roommate whose your competitor also recruiting ppl eventually y'all going be tryna recruit the SAME DAMN ppl. And when you recruit those ppl they goin know the same ppl you know and try and RECRUIT the SAME DAMN ppl as well.

My brother goes to an IVY and he just texted me TODAY saying :russ: "yo I know some nikkas who got caught up in that Cutco shyt you was doing a couple years ago".

One thing I would say about Cutco/Vector Marketing is they do have a quality product (albeit overpriced) and their MAIN focal point is selling THAT PRODUCT. The script never pushed you to get ppl sign on "under"
you. Where the multiple levels comes from is getting the ppl you "present" to, to give you referrals of more ppl you can present to.
The "recruiting" thing was just kind of an added bonus.

Also the initial startup fee ($150) did go to a tangible product (knife set). This past winter I recently sold the knife for $250.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i got caught up in one of those when i was like 17-18? in college. They go after the young and the dumb. I really didn't want to do it, I was pressured. Those people are annoyingly pushy... like ugh.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And they come at you with these open-ended questions that are impossible to say no to:

"Would you like to live off residual income?"
"Would you like to never have to work again?"

I used to be stuck, now I just say "NO, I don't want a residual income." Knowing I sound like an idiot

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Exactly. I got fooled into doing the vector/cutco shyt 2 years ago (high senior, them nikkas prey on the young). At least with that the fee wasnt so large (no more than 200) and you got some kind of return in it (the starter set knives). I made 40 in 2 days of doing it (not including the week of training) and quit that shyt. Last year around tax return they randomly sent me another $30-$40 check (so $60-$80 total). I still got those knives I tried to flip them on ebay last year for like 400+:ld:...it didnt work, I think ill put them back up there for $50 and see what happens. Oh yeah and I forgot to mention I had a rich friend at the time who put up the $200 for me so I aint lose shyt :umad:. So if I flip these shyts I would have came in the positive $150+

Vector/Cutco still in business :heh: :deadrose:

They got me fresh out of high school back in 2006....I didnt make it past the two day meetings before I called ducktales.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Vector/Cutco still in business
They got me fresh out of high school back in 2006....I didnt make it past the two day meetings before I called ducktales.

Yeah they got a young nikka right of high school back in 2010 with me. Actually they didnt even get me. A good friend of mine at the time had mad bread (his moms was like the ambassador to some country) and idk what his pops did but he had bread. He said his moms had like some secretary job at her office for him that payed like $17 an hour or some shyt but he aint wanna do it so im like nikka PUT ME ON. So he give me the number to call and I just walked right into that trap. My manager actually turned some ppl down during the interviews tho.

My manager was only a couple years older than me and was chill as hella bout the whole thing. It was nothing but ratchet bytches and hod-nikkas in there so the entire thing was :laff: nothing but comedy. I remember a nikka cutting himself with the spatula spreader :laff:. The funniest part was on one of the last days of the training when we had to pay the money, everybody collectively looking at this nikka like :ughh::comeon::manny::skip::mjpls::ld::damn: :stopitslime:. I got the money from my rich friend who initially put me on to it.

Yea I did like 3 presentations in one day sold $170 worth of stuff and was just like fukk it. They gave me a $40 check like a month later. A year after my freshman yr college they gave me another $40 check, I took dat shyt no questions asked...