"Ironheart" Twelve Episode series on Disney+ (2025)

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
This was a big talking point with toy manufacturers/merch providers during the lead up to bp2. T’Challa apparently moved major units and was even #1 in Halloween costumes in back to back years, so there was apprehension in sidelining him.

But Disney execs wanted to treat him like he was interchangeable (“it’s just a mantle”) while marketing the entire movie around the undertones of his “death” to maximize profits.

Will be interesting what the success of Shuri, Riri, Okoye etc will look like moving forward now that they’re left to their own devices.

I don’t think we are getting another black Panther movie and they keep pushing back iron heart so it may never come out. Disney doesn’t understand the boys/men market and they are struggling on how to appeal to it as it has been a girls company something Iger himself has said majority of its career

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
This was a big talking point with toy manufacturers/merch providers during the lead up to bp2. T’Challa apparently moved major units and was even #1 in Halloween costumes in back to back years, so there was apprehension in sidelining him.

But Disney execs wanted to treat him like he was interchangeable (“it’s just a mantle”) while marketing the entire movie around the undertones of his “death” to maximize profits.

Will be interesting what the success of Shuri, Riri, Okoye etc will look like moving forward now that they’re left to their own devices.
:russ: Mannnn fukk the mcu I still can’t believed they pulled that shyt. And of course bruhs was ok with it. Ain’t no way they’ll do the same, with these white heroes. Talking about “it’s just a mantle, or in happened in the comics.” Let Robert Pattinson pass away. Ain’t no way they’re replacing Bruce, with Barbara Gordon lol.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:russ: Mannnn fukk the mcu I still can’t believed they pulled that shyt. And of course bruhs was ok with it. Ain’t no way they’ll do the same, with these white heroes. Talking about “it’s just a mantle, or in happened in the comics.” Let Robert Pattinson pass away. Ain’t no way they’re replacing Bruce, with Barbara Gordon lol.

Yup. I mentioned it in the Blade thread the other day:

For white IPs, the IP is the selling point. For black IPs, the studios themselves don't care for the black IP and have no interest nor trust in it until a well known black actor pitches it. And then the studio becomes more interested in building the movie around the black actor's "name" (and limitations), than the IP's limitless potential.

And then black folks can't see the forest from the trees with how they get gamed by the whole ordeal.

"We don't want ___ [limitless potential IP] if ____ [limited/old/dead actor] ain't playing him! It'd be disrespectful!"

but in the same breath: "we tired of getting stuck with the race bent/LGBT/emasculated characters! :damn:"

I just walk away, incredulous :mjlol:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Yup. I mentioned it in the Blade thread the other day:

And then black folks can't see the forest from the trees with how they get gamed by the whole ordeal.

"We don't want ___ [limitless potential IP] if ____ [limited/old/dead actor] ain't playing him! It'd be disrespectful!"

but in the same breath: "we tired of getting stuck with the race bent/LGBT/emasculated characters! :damn:"

I just walk away, incredulous :mjlol:
:mjlol: Got bruhs talking about “well now T’challa has a son, and he’s going to take the mantle in a future film.” Mannn go somewhere else with that soap opera bs.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The new Hawkeye is a girl so yeah they would do it.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:mjlol: Who is Hawkeye, where are his solo films, and is he still alive?
You could have just googled this but if you need me to tell you He was a member of the Avengers who was a marksman with a bow and arrow. He didn't have a solo film and yes he's still alive. And he has been replaced by a girl. That's just facts.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
You could have just googled this but if you need me to tell you He was a member of the Avengers who was a marksman with a bow and arrow. He didn't have a solo film and yes he's still alive. And he has been replaced by a girl. That's just facts.
:mjlol: I know who Hawkeye is, and i’m a fan of his comic book counterpart. But like I said who is Hawkeye in the mcu, is he still alive, and where are his solo films.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't know if they shelve it completely, since they already filmed it. But they may sit on it until the inevitable Moon Girl movie. I think they're waiting to see how the Ms Marvels team up does, then they'll either move it back up or sit it longer.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I don't know if they shelve it completely, since they already filmed it. But they may sit on it until the inevitable Moon Girl movie. I think they're waiting to see how the Ms Marvels team up does, then they'll either move it back up or sit it longer.

they might as well edit it to be a Disney + movie and get it out the way

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Just shelve all these shows and put the focus on the movies.

The general sentiment is that this shyt is spread too thin and quality is lacking.

Streaming numbers are dwindling anyway.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Superheroes are interchangeable. There’s another Black Widow, Captain America, Hawkeye, possibly Ironman if this comes out. In the comics it’s even more frequent.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
That's exactly what they did tho:russ:

After Endgame (2019) they said they were taking at least a year off. There wasn't another MCU project till 2021

That's because of the pandemic though, wasn't shyt getting released by anyone. Black Widow and I think Eternals were supposed to drop in 2020 but got pushed back

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's because of the pandemic though, wasn't shyt getting released by anyone. Black Widow and I think Eternals were supposed to drop in 2020 but got pushed back
Pandemic or not the year break was intentional