"Ironheart" Twelve Episode series on Disney+ (2025)

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Miles out the gate was controversial... some of the criticisms had validity whereas others were clearly MAGA-inspired neckbeard babble, and at times the lines blurred with the hypocrisy of the critique. Y'know, like the whole T'Challa is too powerful with his prep time but it's ok for Batman to be.

However, Miles' comic mostly sold respectably despite all that. Better than Kamalah's despite her being more accepted/less threatening to neckbeards. Even after Bendis left Marvel, Miles' book continued to do well (and ppl argued the quality improved). Several key things also happened: Miles became a regular in all the shytty but great for exposure Spidey Disney toons aimed at kids, giving exposure. Donald Glover's comments. Insomniac Spider-Man. Then Spider-Verse made him a pop culture star and revamped the character with more depth.

Bendis tried to make lightning strike twice (or 3x, if you count Jessica Jones) with Ironheart but it didn't really pan out.
It's crazy how breh on here was tryna argue like Miles introduction wasn't hot. Him being controversial was all that he needed plus it was Sara's first mainstream comic book as an artist.

Bendis writing was cool...I just felt like he needed a black Rican to tell him that Miles should identify as a black Hispanic. That was my only gripe.

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
Corporations will never learn. they take successful products and try to water it down until product aint worth sht no more :mjlol:.

Should have let netflix keep putting out tv shows. they did it better
Lol not even true, Netflix made one great show, one decent show and then a bunch of trash like Iron Fist.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It's crazy how breh on here was tryna argue like Miles introduction wasn't hot. Him being controversial was all that he needed plus it was Sara's first mainstream comic book as an artist.

Bendis writing was cool...I just felt like he needed a black Rican to tell him that Miles should identify as a black Hispanic. That was my only gripe.

If all publicity is good publicity then Miles definitely came in hot lol. So it just depends on the definition as I get what breh was tryna say, but I maintain that his book sold fairly well regardless.

Writing wise, Bendis gave him the same perks white writers always gave white characters:
  • Power ups
  • All the desired women desiring him
  • Putting him at the center of big events

No one blinks an eye when Hawkeye gets higher over T’Challa in big comic events or Peter Parker gets a billion runway model-esque girlfriends fiending, but a vocal minority were triggered when Miles got it.

So, personally, I liked that Bendis did that. That said, I thought his overall portrayal of Miles himself was very mid. So spider-verse was a welcomed revamp for me.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
If all publicity is good publicity then Miles definitely came in hot lol. So it just depends on the definition as I get what breh was tryna say, but I maintain that his book sold fairly well regardless.

Writing wise, Bendis gave him the same perks white writers always gave white characters:
  • Power ups
  • All the desired women desiring him
  • Putting him at the center of big events

No one blinks an eye when Hawkeye gets higher over T’Challa in big comic events or Peter Parker gets a billion runway model-esque girlfriends fiending, but a vocal minority were triggered when Miles got it.

So, personally, I liked that Bendis did that. That said, I thought his overall portrayal of Miles himself was very mid. So spider-verse was a welcomed revamp for me.
Bendis was cool for what he was...but he didn't understand the Black Hispanic culture. That's my only beef with his portrayal as a scribe.

The neckbeards and racists was just mad that we had a black Spider-Man who had some dope powers. Plus his spanked was at an all time high. I didn't like how they killed his Mama off...following the same Peter Parker troupe of losing a parent. I'd rather him losing a best friend or older brother honestly.

Also them racists wasn't mad at the birth of Spider Gwen either or 2099 white Hispanic Spiderman.

So glad Stan Lee stood on bidness with Miles.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'll be honest i haven't followed the comics much since i was a kid. i have no recollection of this character, i assume she was introduced in the 2010s.
Seems like the mile morales version of iron man. Always had a preference for original black character. not spiderman, but black! Ironman but black! Cap but Black! etc etc. but i will check this out.