"Ironheart" Twelve Episode series on Disney+ (2025)

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
:mjlol: No he wasn’t people wasn’t fukking with Miles until them Spider-Verse movies and Insomniac games.
You're completely wrong. Miles was poppin from creation. Hell, he lasted longer than the Peter he replaced, and single handedly carrying the 1610 on his back. He was pretty much the only character the 616 was interacting with. I will agree he had to grow as a character, while they found his characterization, but people were riding through it all.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
And I like Ironheart. I hated how they shoehorned her into the last 5 pages in the Iron Man book for like 10 issues, but from Eve Ewing developing her throughout the Champions, she's a solid character.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
You're completely wrong. Miles was poppin from creation. Hell, he lasted longer than the Peter he replaced, and single handedly carrying the 1610 on his back. He was pretty much the only character the 616 was interacting with. I will agree he had to grow as a character, while they found his characterization, but people were riding through it all.
:russ:People wasn’t fukking with bro

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If her suit isnt doper than tony starks whats the point?!? :beli:
Maybe tell the story of a flawed but endearing character overcoming a challenge and becoming an inspiring hero?

Why would the kid who was just taking a "differential equations" class (before Shuri kidnapped her) be able to compete with a billionaire genius former defense contractor with SHIELD ties?

Writers think it's a cheat code to us liking their new character: just make them "better" than an existing character we like. But that whole "well if his IQ is 150 then hers is 2000" is the kind of "ideas" kids get in grade school. :yeshrug:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
no he wasnt. spider verse was a crazy push for him. shyt even now he isnt really liked in the comic space, to the degree that cats are trying to pretend that ben reilly was liked
:russ:Exactly marvel was pushing him but the comic book heads and spaces wasn’t fukking with him. He didn’t “pop” or was “accepted” until Spider-Verse especially mainstream wise.

Last edited:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
no he wasnt. spider verse was a crazy push for him. shyt even now he isnt really liked in the comic space, to the degree that cats are trying to pretend that ben reilly was liked
Yes he was lol. He had a controversial opening which made his popular at the time. The team of Sara and Bendis the artist and writer of his 1st serious in the ultimate universe won awards breh...he had a pop opening. I know this cause I was collecting him from his 1st appearance in the death of Spiderman arc when he was in the crowd as Peter was fighting the Ultimate Universe's Green Goblin. Then they came out with the polybag comic to commenerate his 1st ever issue solo from Peter Parker ULT UNI series. I was there. I remember how sought after that comic is still to this day and I have it. 1st edition.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Maybe tell the story of a flawed but endearing character overcoming a challenge and becoming an inspiring hero?

Why would the kid who was just taking a "differential equations" class (before Shuri kidnapped her) be able to compete with a billionaire genius former defense contractor with SHIELD ties?

Writers think it's a cheat code to us liking their new character: just make them "better" than an existing character we like. But that whole "well if his IQ is 150 then hers is 2000" is the kind of "ideas" kids get in grade school. :yeshrug:

Whoa whoa I aint saying shes not smart enough im just saying we've (the fans) have sat through stark building his suits from scratch literally so if you gonna do an iron heart series I wanna see something NEW thats all...:pachaha:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Yes he was lol. He had a controversial opening which made his popular at the time. The team of Sara and Bendis the artist and writer of his 1st serious in the ultimate universe won awards breh...he had a pop opening. I know this cause I was collecting him from his 1st appearance in the death of Spiderman arc when he was in the crowd as Peter was fighting the Ultimate Universe's Green Goblin. Then they came out with the polybag comic to commenerate his 1st ever issue solo from Peter Parker ULT UNI series. I was there. I remember how sought after that comic is still to this day and I have it. 1st edition.

i was there too. theres a few posters that were around when miles came around(pretty much the comics threads posters)

theres no way miles was popular at launch. ms marvel was more of a popular character at her launch than he was(doesnt help that people were calling ms marvel the spider man of the next generation) miles has the good luck of not being given up on like most other teen characters like rikki barnes, arana, and gravity

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
i was there too. theres a few posters that were around when miles came around(pretty much the comics threads posters)

theres no way miles was popular at launch. ms marvel was more of a popular character at her launch than he was(doesnt help that people were calling ms marvel the spider man of the next generation) miles has the good luck of not being given up on like most other teen characters like rikki barnes, arana, and gravity
Naw Miles was man lol.....most def in the comic book world. He certainly was. He was everywhere in comic book previews and cbr and other comic book fans sights and forums. He was pop in the comic book world. Waaay before those movies.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Naw Miles was man lol.....most def in the comic book world. He certainly was. He was everywhere in comic book previews and cbr and other comic book fans sights and forums. He was pop in the comic book world. Waaay before those movies.
comic book previews arent the same as what the people think. cbr was telling up the first civil war wouldnt be one sided and would be ambiguous as to who was wrong and right. miles was attached to an incredibly popular franchise, but he was not popping of jump

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Miles out the gate was controversial... some of the criticisms had validity whereas others were clearly MAGA-inspired neckbeard babble, and at times the lines blurred with the hypocrisy of the critique. Y'know, like the whole T'Challa is too powerful with his prep time but it's ok for Batman to be.

However, Miles' comic mostly sold respectably despite all that. Better than Kamalah's despite her being more accepted/less threatening to neckbeards. Even after Bendis left Marvel, Miles' book continued to do well (and ppl argued the quality improved). Several key things also happened: Miles became a regular in all the shytty but great for exposure Spidey Disney toons aimed at kids, giving exposure. Donald Glover's comments. Insomniac Spider-Man. Then Spider-Verse made him a pop culture star and revamped the character with more depth.

Bendis tried to make lightning strike twice (or 3x, if you count Jessica Jones) with Ironheart but it didn't really pan out.