Iron Fist Invitational - Coli Tekken Tournament Thread - @Black_Jesus Takes The Gold

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
So nobody can put a dent into Black Jesus armor huh ..... :francis:

I played Consumed a few weeks back and noticed a considerable improvement since the last time we sparred in which he won but was more close ...

He wiped the floor with me ...

I told him it was time to fold Black Jesus now

:francis:

How can anybody ever hope to be that good ?
Does tekken have to be the only game you play ?

@Mowgli Sharpen the paws :mjgrin:

And take the crown

Where is your Negan
:stopitslime:

Objectively speaking, I only got good at this Tekken this iteration and I've played since Tekken 2.

Black and Consumed probably have been this good since DR or Tekken 6. Despite that Black Jesus can be beaten. Consumed was putting some work in and I saw some things in the tape that with a lot of practice I can use.

If no one else will do it I will.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Where is your Negan

Objectively speaking, I only got good at this Tekken this iteration and I've played since Tekken 2.

Black and Consumed probably have been this good since DR or Tekken 6. Despite that Black Jesus can be beaten. Consumed was putting some work in and I saw some things in the tape that with a lot of practice I can use.

this is my first Tekken as a competitor. Was around early 2018 when I started to take it seriously, watch pros play and learn the game.

I think the difference between us is experience, he understands Tekken at a deeper level than I do. So I love playing this game because I know once Tekken 8, Tekken Tag 3 drops I’ll have that legacy knowledge and be a monster.

my Lee now is okay. Ten years? Ridiculous.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
So nobody can put a dent into Black Jesus armor huh ..... :francis:

I played Consumed a few weeks back and noticed a considerable improvement since the last time we sparred in which he won but was more close ...

He wiped the floor with me ...

I told him it was time to fold Black Jesus now

:francis:

How can anybody ever hope to be that good ?
Does tekken have to be the only game you play ?

@Mowgli Sharpen the paws :mjgrin:

And take the crown
LOL My Kuzumi is slick trash and my Jack is average at best... It's Asuka thats the real fukking problem which is why im sitting her down so this shyt can be more competitive.. I can be beaten yall just have to tighten up and dont be predictable

For instance you cant be out here doing strings that end with a high attack.. Im gonna duck the high and launch you 95% of the time if im familiar with the matchup(unlike DLC characters *hint hint*)..

A lot of yall are losing to simple fundamentals.. Block..punish.. spacing.. SIDE STEPPING.. whiff punish.. safe pokes.. all im really doing.. I dont even know the max damave combos for Kazumi lol..

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
LOL My Kuzumi is slick trash and my Jack is average at best... It's Asuka thats the real fukking problem which is why im sitting her down so this shyt can be more competitive.. I can be beaten yall just have to tighten up and dont be predictable

For instance you cant be out here doing strings that end with a high attack.. Im gonna duck the high and launch you 95% of the time if im familiar with the matchup(unlike DLC characters *hint hint*)..

A lot of yall are losing to simple fundamentals.. Block..punish.. spacing.. SIDE STEPPING.. whiff punish.. safe pokes.. all im really doing.. I dont even know the max damave combos for Kazumi lol..

I can beat your Kazumi. It's your Asuka that is giving me some issues. In terms of Jack, I never face the character but his neutral and keep out is pretty good. Good pokes and self starter in terms of damage.

Lab the throws, mixes and he's getting bopped.

Going to up my Lili and run the table on Jack.

Let me get some Asuka matches in.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
this is my first Tekken as a competitor. Was around early 2018 when I started to take it seriously, watch pros play and learn the game.

I think the difference between us is experience, he understands Tekken at a deeper level than I do. So I love playing this game because I know once Tekken 8, Tekken Tag 3 drops I’ll have that legacy knowledge and be a monster.

I'm a better analyst than I am a player so I can see some of the things that you could improve on to get some Ws off of him. If you get a successful slide on him take the confirmed damage of the low kick. He's not falling for the 2,4 (???) oki.

Tightening up the slide and doing it with sidesteps will have you eating. Sometimes you were doing them outside of the hitbox range and taking free hits.

I often see the punch into his cartwheel flip keeping you plus. More of that into whatever to open him up.

Sidestepping Jack to the left is going to make some of his important moves miss.

Consumed you're crazy good already and watching strong players definitely influenced you. I remember watching CBM and my progress was insane.

Keep it up and you'll be where he's at.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
I'm a better analyst than I am a player so I can see some of the things that you could improve on to get some Ws off of him. If you get a successful slide on him take the confirmed damage of the low kick. He's not falling for the 2,4 (???) oki.

Tightening up the slide and doing it with sidesteps will have you eating. Sometimes you were doing them outside of the hitbox range and taking free hits.

I often see the punch into his cartwheel flip keeping you plus. More of that into whatever to open him up.

Sidestepping Jack to the left is going to make some of his important moves miss.

Consumed you're crazy good already and watching strong players definitely influenced you. I remember watching CBM and my progress was insane.

Keep it up and you'll be where he's at.

I have ideas for what to do next time. If it were a longer set I would've taken games from Jack w/ adjustments and Kasumi as a character isn't a matchup I'm so concerned with. Asuka on the other hand I have major problems with, even against people who aren't THAT good at Tekken but have a good understanding of her tools.

Lot of the stuff I do with Lee is just for style points. I mean you're right, no reason to be sliding from full screen and also no reason to be crouch dashing from full screen. Lee is not that threatening of the character and his only real "mixup" exists at the wall. But I play him in that way because it's fun, and there's not much of a reason to play Lee in this game if you're not having fun.

Can sidestep-punish properly, punish Jack's 10F CH palm strike, bear hug launcher, df2 etc while also playing Lee in an unnecessarily flashy way. Maybe more defensively. and I know that the more I play this game the better I'll become over time.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I can beat your Kazumi. It's your Asuka that is giving me some issues. In terms of Jack, I never face the character but his neutral and keep out is pretty good. Good pokes and self starter in terms of damage.

Lab the throws, mixes and he's getting bopped.

Going to up my Lili and run the table on Jack.

Let me get some Asuka matches in.
Whenever you ready :demonic:

Last edited:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I have ideas for what to do next time. If it were a longer set I would've taken games from Jack w/ adjustments and Kasumi as a character isn't a matchup I'm so concerned with. Asuka on the other hand I have major problems with, even against people who aren't THAT good at Tekken but have a good understanding of her tools.

Lot of the stuff I do with Lee is just for style points. I mean you're right, no reason to be sliding from full screen and also no reason to be crouch dashing from full screen. Lee is not that threatening of the character and his only real "mixup" exists at the wall. But I play him in that way because it's fun, and there's not much of a reason to play Lee in this game if you're not having fun.

Can sidestep-punish properly, punish Jack's 10F CH palm strike, bear hug launcher, df2 etc while also playing Lee in an unnecessarily flashy way. Maybe more defensively. and I know that the more I play this game the better I'll become over time.

Asuka as a character I have to create a new approach on fighting her. Her moves are great when someone knows how to use her. And fighting around her counter significantly limits me. Fun as hell though.

I hear the same things about Lars. Not a lot of options but a lot of reward if played uniquely. I started playing Lee in 6 when Fighting GM was putting in work with the back 2, dash loops.

:wow:

Again, I know all of these things but don't practice enough to apply them to my fights. After I put some more work in with my 3 characters I'll add Lee unless Kunimitsu drops first.

Yeah longer sets breaks you out of your habits (hopefully) and sharpen your toolbox and reactions. First to 10 with you two has helped me out. Stepping back and chilling to see what's going on rather than playing within my flowchart.

Need to find some stronger opponents to increase my skill too, character specific joints, may have to look at reddit.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Where is your Negan

Well I noticed all my high ranked characters were all DLC...

So then you have to say to yourself, did you really earn thank or did the character earn the rank for you, did i get my rank because of my feeble skills or was it unfamiliarity from the opponent.

So that's why i've dropped Negan and Geese, I wan't to get decent with an OG character

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

Are you done with the Bear ?

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Asuka as a character I have to create a new approach on fighting her. Her moves are great when someone knows how to use her. And fighting around her counter significantly limits me. Fun as hell though.

I hear the same things about Lars. Not a lot of options but a lot of reward if played uniquely. I started playing Lee in 6 when Fighting GM was putting in work with the back 2, dash loops.

:wow:

Again, I know all of these things but don't practice enough to apply them to my fights. After I put some more work in with my 3 characters I'll add Lee unless Kunimitsu drops first.

Yeah longer sets breaks you out of your habits (hopefully) and sharpen your toolbox and reactions. First to 10 with you two has helped me out. Stepping back and chilling to see what's going on rather than playing within my flowchart.

Need to find some stronger opponents to increase my skill too, character specific joints, may have to look at reddit.

GM is great. That's who got me interested in Lee.

Can try character specific discords. Most of them are active and some have pro players in there. Rangchu pops up in the Bear one every once in a while.

Are you done with the Bear ?

Nah. Just playing other characters to get better at fundamentals instead of relying on gimmicks. If I hit Tekken God Prime it'll be with Kuma first.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Well I noticed all my high ranked characters were all DLC...

So then you have to say to yourself, did you really earn thank or did the character earn the rank for you, did i get my rank because of my feeble skills or was it unfamiliarity from the opponent.

So that's why i've dropped Negan and Geese, I wan't to get decent with an OG character
:mjlol:
nikka was beating up scrubs so much he started to feel bad and dropped his mains :dead: