Iowa Supreme Court says it's OK to fire employees who are too attractive

concise

Veteran
Daps
When Judges Assume That Men Cannot Control Their Own Sexual Urges - Mieke Eerkens - The Atlantic

Melissa Nelson asks the Iowa Supreme Court to reconsider her case–again « On Brief: Iowa's Appellate Blog

Melissa Nelson firing: Iowa Supreme Court upholds ruling affirming decision | WJLA.com
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - The Iowa Supreme Court on Friday stood by its ruling that a dentist acted legally when he fired an assistant because he found her too attractive and worried he would try to start an affair.

Coming to the same conclusion as it did in December, the all-male court found that bosses can fire employees they see as threats to their marriages, even if the subordinates have not engaged in flirtatious or other inappropriate behavior. The court said such firings do not count as illegal sex discrimination because they are motivated by feelings, not gender.

The ruling upholds a judge's decision to dismiss a discrimination lawsuit filed against Fort Dodge dentist James Knight, who fired assistant Melissa Nelson, even while acknowledging she had been a stellar employee for 10 years. Knight and his wife believed that his attraction to Nelson - two decades younger than the dentist - had become a threat to their marriage. Nelson, now 33, was replaced by another woman; Knight had an all-female staff.

Read more: Melissa Nelson firing: Iowa Supreme Court upholds ruling affirming decision | WJLA.com
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

Stop trying to tempt us at work, ladies. :ufdup:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
You just know they're already scheming to sexually harass their subordinates before firing them for being too attractive.

But lol @ dude's wife blaming the woman for her husband's attraction.

concise

Veteran
Daps
You just know they're already scheming to sexually harass their subordinates before firing them for being too attractive.

But lol @ dude's wife blaming the woman for her husband's attraction.

:heh:
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20121229/BASU/312290058/Basu-Iowa-Supreme-Court-ruling-too-irresistible-case-an-embarrassment
After pelting her with sexual come-ons and innuendos, her 53-year-old boss fired her for being too sexually irresistible. And this month, the Iowa Supreme Court gave him cover. In dismissing Nelson’s sex-discrimination lawsuit, the now all-male court unanimously found that it was acceptable for Fort Dodge dentist James Knight to fire Nelson “simply because the boss views the employee as an irresistible attraction.”

Iowa Supreme Court to Reconsider Case of Woman Fired for Being 'Irresistible' - ABC News
According to court documents, Knight made reference to what he believed was Nelson's infrequent sex life, saying, "That's like having a Lamborghini in the garage and never driving it."

Six months before Nelson was fired, she and her boss began exchanging text messages about work and personal matters, such as updates about each of their children's activities, the justices wrote.

The messages were mostly mundane, but Nelson said she recalled one text she received from her boss asking "how often she experienced an orgasm."

bilde

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
"im sorry to have to do this too u.......but I have to let you go"

"WHY?!?!?!!! WHAT DID I DO WRONG???!?!?!?!"

"It's not you, its me. Youre to beautiful for me to restrain my primitive, perverted sexual desires around any longer. Even now, my penis c0ck is bulging just at the thought that you hearing this will make you want to come over here, unzip my fly and suck the necter out of my flaming phallus and make me reconsider terminating you and putting you and your children in a state of financial uncertainty for who knows how long in this current economy. I really would like to keep you here, but like i said.......i cant resist you any longer. Anything you want to say........or do :shaq: before you go?"