iOS 12 is rolling out at 1pm ET today my Apple brehs

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Anyone upgrading with anything older than an iPhone 9 is playing themselves.

I have a ten and I refuse to upgrade.

IOS 11 finally working well too..:smh:

I have an old 5s laying around and I upgraded it from iOS 11 to 12. It's well worth the upgrade. It made that shyt fly.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Silly me updated my iPhone 6S instinctively.:snoop:

:russ:

Apple been trying to get me to update to IOS 11 for the longest on my 6S. Sometimes they'll sneak download the update at night then I see my storage is down so I delete the update.

Apple wants my 6S to commit that so I can drop the bag on the XS.

I already learned my lesson from the 5S

:ufdup:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Anyone upgrading with anything older than an iPhone 9 is playing themselves.

I have a ten and I refuse to upgrade.

IOS 11 finally working well too..:smh:

I'm not upgrading shyt

Unless I cop an X but thats not happening anytime soon
Y’all tripping. The measure app is hella useful already. The phones aint gonna slow down this time round, ios12 isn’t heavy with new features.

Loving this shyt so far. My earpods finally fukking connect instantly. Camera opens fast as fukk now. Overall phone feels quicker

I have an old 5s laying around and I upgraded it from iOS 11 to 12. It's well worth the upgrade. It made that shyt fly.

Older devices get some speed and responsiveness back. My iPhone 6 Plus is much better now than it ever was on iOS 11.

iOS 12 on the iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 Plus, and iPad Mini 2: It’s actually faster!
Exactly

:russ:

Apple been trying to get me to update to IOS 11 for the longest on my 6S. Sometimes they'll sneak download the update at night then I see my storage is down so I delete the update.

Apple wants my 6S to commit that so I can drop the bag on the XS.

I already learned my lesson from the 5S

:ufdup:

Lol, just give that thing a few months. Your phone gonna be freezing like the Artic ocean.

I feel like this may be a temporary thing. It'll be fast for a few months then just tank.
This is a very feelings based answer to a scientific situation. Ios12 was created with the theme of speeding up on all phones eligible for it, I guess since so many people feel like the posters above. Every review I’ve seen says all is good. iPhones don’t tend to slow down down the line like Android phones are said to do anyway.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
This is a very feelings based answer to a scientific situation. Ios12 was created with the theme of speeding up on all phones eligible for it, I guess since so many people feel like the posters above. Every review I’ve seen says all is good. iPhones don’t tend to slow down down the line like Android phones are said to do anyway.

Bro, this is still a corporation with an agenda focused on growth. Why should it service older devices when it can get people to upgrade to the more expensive phone, especially as people are now financing phones and never really "own" it. Just trade it in when they're ready to upgrade.

Like I said, let's give it a few months. Those 5s and 6s gonna be feeling it. Apple has already discontinued their original iPhone X that they released last year. They're pushing their consumers into a singular direction. From a corporate standpoint I understand that, but as a consumer I need to do what is right for my pockets as well.

My 6s is still running well. I don't believe in financing a phone. If I can't buy it out right, then I'll save up and wait up for it.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Bro, this is still a corporation with an agenda focused on growth. Why should it service older devices when it can get people to upgrade to the more expensive phone, especially as people are now financing phones and never really "own" it. Just trade it in when they're ready to upgrade.

Like I said, let's give it a few months. Those 5s and 6s gonna be feeling it. Apple has already discontinued their original iPhone X that they released last year. They're pushing their consumers into a singular direction. From a corporate standpoint I understand that, but as a consumer I need to do what is right for my pockets as well.

My 6s is still running well. I don't believe in financing a phone. If I can't buy it out right, then I'll save up and wait up for it.
I understand where ya coming from, but as a person who knows why these slowdowns usually occur (more intensive software features/ slow breakdown of flash memory), I’mma have to say this is unlikely in this case.
I fee you on that financing shyt tho. That’s the reason for these stupid ass ballooning phone prices. Charge $1500 but only have them pay $60/mo and they still sign up in droves :snoop: