INTERSTELLAR Official Discussion, Review & Spoiler Thread

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
They do not go both ways.. He's stuck in a time loop

They completed this mission or someone did. They got to the planet that Grant ended up on and they started the process of recreating humanity. Humans there, with help from studying the black hole, figured out space and time manipulation but couldn't pinpoint when EXACTLY to go to, to change the events of the past

So they create this machine inside the hole for Cooper. They know he flew the mission because him and Grant made it there. He goes in, discovers what they left him (like the wormhole) and pinpoints the time and the person and what to give her. The data from the black hole. She uses it to solve gravity, and then the loop is broken, but now with old humans on the ship and new humans being created on Brand's planet that will start the loop.

We just happen to be watching the movie mid loop, But the events of the loop (the crash, the drone, the farm machines, the ghost) are already happening because the beginning of the loop happened a long time ago to those in the future

And that's why this movie is GOAT... Takes you about 10 times to really grasp it and then watch it again and you still find new shyt
This pretty much sums up my view on on what transpired. I really like your point on the time loop aspect.

This my favorite movie:hubie:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Close... but you are off

Matt Damon was EGO.. He was the smartest and best of the Lazarus mission crew. In fact, HE says "I never believed I wouldn't be the one to find the planet. But I knew soon as I landed, this wasn't the answer."

He was so full of himself, he never calculated for dying on this mission. And all he had to do to get saved was press a button. So he pressed it, lied about finding the right place, disabled his robot, and went down for the long nap.

But now that he's got help, kill them, leave them there, and finish the mission. FOR HIS EGO.. He loved nothing but himself

They also, didn't try to save him.. If he successfully got in, he'd leave them to die. If he unsuccessfully got in, he blows all the human DNA needed to restart the human race. So they were just telling him to chill the fukk out.

Crazy part is, if he just told the truth from jump, they'd probably not have left him. Just took him along for his knowledge but told NASA.. He didn't even think to try that. He was out for SELF

Ego plays a part for sure. Most wicked people are egomaniacs.

You could tell how broken he was from failure.

But I think you underestimated his ego and wickedness and I'll tell you why.

He did not just disable the robot. He turned it into a bomb. A bomb to cover up his failure. When breh tried to get the non existent data (a representation of his failure) it detonated upon discovery of said failure.

That literally is a cover up of his failure. He was calculated and evil enough to make sure he could kill whoever came to save him; destroy the evidence....and then be the pioneer of the next planet. he wanted all the glory. And he was willing to murder to get it.

He had the entire evil backup plan ready to go.

You're also wrong about how Cooper and cat woman. They did try to warn Matt Damon multiple times but he disabled his communications. The robot told them that he did not have a proper seal. They kept shouting "IF YOU OPEN THAT DOOR THE CABIN WILL PRESSURIZE". They repeatedly tried to warn him despite what he did.

They could have easily not said anything knowing that he wasn't properly connected to the ship and let him squish without saying anything....or even attempt to ram his ship....whatever we could keep saying different things but they were unaware he disabled his coms and we were warning him.

And for the bolded part you're right....they would,d have taken him along. But like you and I are both saying he's a POS egomaniac. He had no knowledge for NASA. That planet was a failure. He would then be taking a back seat and not be the pioneer and savior if the next planet with Cooper and catomwan. People like that can not exist in the fashion.

Did you notice how he was the only one alive....everyone else in his crew didn't make it? Wouldn't be surprised if when supplies were running low Damon killed his own crew on that planet to make sure he had enough for himself.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
i forgot why damon went rogue, just because he was lonley?

It was a one way mission.

You only send a signal if the planet had earth like conditions. If it didn’t you die.

So Damon knew the planet he was one wasn’t habitable but he sent a signal anyway having them show up for nothing. He simply didn’t want to die.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I think all of those references like US and THEY can go both ways. US could mean literally Cooper and TARS OR it could be US as in humans.

Cooper is just a pilot. TARS is just a robot, so they didn't create the tesseract. Cooper and TARS were still referencing THEY while they were in it. "They created this for us" and they were giving TARS the data for gravity.

THEY had to have saved him when he got spit out of the tesseract and black hole. No way he survived that without their help. And by "their" I mean future "us"(humans that can manipulate the 4th and 5th dimension).

I think for your theory to work, Cooper would have had to develop/display some super human abilities. He just a pilot with a lot of courage.

I know a lot of science fiction movies the default is an Alien, a machine, a god, whatever....something GREATER than a human is always involved.
Its kind of a default human thought process.

Civilizations have been doing it forever. The sun is so powerful...it must be Ra the "sun god" cause there was lack of knowledge. Nah breh its just a burning star there's billions of them :russ:

We default to this when we lack understanding.

It always must be some high power or some shyt.

What I really liked about this movie is when Cooper was on the porch kicking it with his pops Cooper gave a rant about how the world lacks explorers. The need to discover. Adventure.

Thats who Cooper was. He set out in the sea of unknown to discover. He was a Pilot prior because thats who he is.

I just think they stumbled upon something naturally occurring in space.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Ego plays a part for sure. Most wicked people are egomaniacs.

You could tell how broken he was from failure.

But I think you underestimated his ego and wickedness and I'll tell you why.

He did not just disable the robot. He turned it into a bomb. A bomb to cover up his failure. When breh tried to get the non existent data (a representation of his failure) it detonated upon discovery of said failure.

That literally is a cover up of his failure. He was calculated and evil enough to make sure he could kill whoever came to save him; destroy the evidence....and then be the pioneer of the next planet. he wanted all the glory. And he was willing to murder to get it.

He had the entire evil backup plan ready to go.

You're also wrong about how Cooper and cat woman. They did try to warn Matt Damon multiple times but he disabled his communications. The robot told them that he did not have a proper seal. They kept shouting "IF YOU OPEN THAT DOOR THE CABIN WILL PRESSURIZE". They repeatedly tried to warn him despite what he did.

They could have easily not said anything knowing that he wasn't properly connected to the ship and let him squish without saying anything....or even attempt to ram his ship....whatever we could keep saying different things but they were unaware he disabled his coms and we were warning him.

And for the bolded part you're right....they would,d have taken him along. But like you and I are both saying he's a POS egomaniac. He had no knowledge for NASA. That planet was a failure. He would then be taking a back seat and not be the pioneer and savior if the next planet with Cooper and catomwan. People like that can not exist in the fashion.

Did you notice how he was the only one alive....everyone else in his crew didn't make it? Wouldn't be surprised if when supplies were running low Damon killed his own crew on that planet to make sure he had enough for himself.
I kinda did mention all this. I think we're saying the same thing

I was saying he could have easily just been truthful about his shameful button press and they probably would take him along. Not strand him again. But his ego wouldn't allow that to happen

Second part about the ship. They could NOT be silent and let him die. They could NOT ram his ship. This is space and that shyt he was connecting to was their only hope for humanity. If they say nothing, what happened, happens and they could lose the ship. If they ram his ship, both their ship and his ship is toast (you can't ram shyt in space) and humanity is lost. They had to stop him, convince him not to connect, and again, probably come with them.

The only reason they made it work is because Cooper said fukk it, risked it all, and did the craziest fukking move ever seen in space, and got them connected with minimal damage.

But to wrap it up. Yea.. It was all ego. He had to be the guy who did it. And him alone.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I know a lot of science fiction movies the default is an Alien, a machine, a god, whatever....something GREATER than a human is always involved.

Civilizations have been doing it forever. The sun is so powerful...it must be Ra the "sun god" cause there was lack of knowledge. Nah breh its just a burning star there's billions of them :russ:

What I really liked about this movie is when Cooper was on the porch kicking it with his pops Cooper gave a rant about how the world lacks explorers. The need to discover. Adventure.

Thats who Cooper was. He set out in the sea of unknown to discover. He was a Pilot prior because thats who he is.

A time traveling tesseract in a black hole is not naturally occurring

They even say in plain english "wormholes are naturally occurring things" so it's not the wormhole either

You're the one trying to overcomplicate things.. He literally says:

Cooper:
To save the world! All of this, is one little girl's bedroom, every moment! It's infinitely complex! They have access, to infinite time and space, but they're not *bound* by anything! They can't find a specific place *in* time, they can't communicate. That's why I'm here. I'm gonna find a way to tell Murph, just like I found this moment.

Cooper : Did it work?

TARS : I think it might have.

Cooper : How do you know?

TARS : Because, the bulk beings are closing the tesseract.

Cooper : Don't you get it yet, TARS? They're not *beings*... they're us! What I've been doing for Murph, they're doing for me, for all of us.

TARS : Cooper, people couldn't build this.

Cooper : No. No, not yet. But one day. Not you and me, but a people, a civilization that's evolved beyond the four dimensions we know.

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

That dialogue that @The Devil's Advocate posted pretty much confirms it wasn't Cooper, but rather future US.

Not God or any higher being. Just humans that evolved. Generations down the line probably from the planet they are raising the embryos at.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
A time traveling tesseract in a black hole is not naturally occurring

They even say in plain english "wormholes are naturally occurring things" so it's not the wormhole either

You're the one trying to overcomplicate things.. He literally says:

Cooper:
To save the world! All of this, is one little girl's bedroom, every moment! It's infinitely complex! They have access, to infinite time and space, but they're not *bound* by anything! They can't find a specific place *in* time, they can't communicate. That's why I'm here. I'm gonna find a way to tell Murph, just like I found this moment.

Cooper : Did it work?

TARS : I think it might have.

Cooper : How do you know?

TARS : Because, the bulk beings are closing the tesseract.

Cooper : Don't you get it yet, TARS? They're not *beings*... they're us! What I've been doing for Murph, they're doing for me, for all of us.

TARS : Cooper, people couldn't build this.

Cooper : No. No, not yet. But one day. Not you and me, but a people, a civilization that's evolved beyond the four dimensions we know.

ohhh shyt I gotta watch this movie again.......didn't catch the last part......good ass movie

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
That dialogue that @The Devil's Advocate posted pretty much confirms it wasn't Cooper, but rather future US.

Not God or any higher being. Just humans that evolved. Generations down the line probably from the planet they are raising the embryos at.

ohh shyt that makes sense....gonna have to rewatch this again

JD2019

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
The audio in this movie is amazing. Any fans owe it to themselves to watch it on a 4k bluray and home theater system.

Last edited: