INTERSTELLAR Official Discussion, Review & Spoiler Thread

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
The book case scene still has me

:beli:
The ice planet with Matt Damon also just felt like filler. The docking scene is dope and few other things I like. Michael Caine is super annoying, repeating the dying light verse over and over. And yes the book case 4th dimension, Shyamalan shyt sealed it as a movie that had a great premise but just didn't stick the landing.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
The ice planet with Matt Damon also just felt like filler. The docking scene is dope and few other things I like. Michael Caine is super annoying, repeating the dying light verse over and over. And yes the book case 4th dimension, Shyamalan shyt sealed it as a movie that had a great premise but just didn't stick the landing.

:dahell:

that was one of the most important scenes in the film.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i forgot why damon went rogue, just because he was lonley?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
i forgot why damon went rogue, just because he was lonley?

No. The entire theme was that love is the secret sauce to the universe.

Damon represented the Elon musks of the world.

The ugly side of humanity.
His whole "mission" was to save humanity according to him....first thing he does is try to kill everyone and save his scarey ass self :dead:

he was in the space ship talking that big pull yourself up by your bootstraps bullshyt. sacrifices have 2 be made fukk your kids all that.

"I thought I was ready 2 die.....im not...... I want my mommy :mjcry:"

he was a conman and a despicable human.

even after all that they STILL tried to save n warn him from his demise because they were good people. Didn't listen, was selfish, and got squished like a bug.

serves him right.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Didn't like it's execution. Stupid fight on the ice all while him yapping the whole time :dead:

I don't agree. I think the dialogue was really necessary. not a single word was wasted.

he was so much of a coward "I thought I could watch but I can't"

When Matt Damon was introduced he was portrayed as some hero that you felt sorry for.

the vail was pulled back.

That is a really important aspect of humanity.

There are plenty of people on this earth who are Matt Damons. Just think.....if he was never woken up he woulda been at some wall with a plaque claiming he's a hero.

than cat woman came to save Matthew.....in the end they saved each other and man kind in a sense.

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
what was tesseract? I'm terrible with names
The future humans communicate with Matthew through TARS in the Tesseract. Allowing him to see time as a physical structure.

The reveal that he was the ghost using, morse code and gravity, to get Murphy to convince him to stay :mjcry:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
The future humans communicate with Matthew through TARS in the Tesseract. Allowing him to see time as a physical structure.

The reveal that he was the ghost using, morse code and gravity, to get Murphy to convince him to stay :mjcry:

Ohh I interpreted it differently. It reminded me of true detective cause they touched on it.

So originally time is "2d" like a straight line.....a to b....

the breh explained a blackhole is like taking that straight line and folding it in half.....3D like a sphere....

The Terrersect was like 4D/5D.....it was almost shaped like cubeish or something....

Thats the ability to time travel. And we got 2 witness that.

It is basically the closest thing to god.

The entire movie they kept thinking some alien or god like being was pulling the strings....kept referring to "them"

It wasn't. It was Matthew and that robot. They discovered the Terrersect and became "god like" with the ability to time travel.

Thats my take anyway since u asked.

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Ohh I interpreted it differently. It reminded me of true detective cause they touched on it.

So originally time is "2d" like a straight line.....a to b....

the breh explained a blackhole is like taking that straight line and folding it in half.....3D like a sphere....

The Terrersect was like 4D/5D.....it was almost shaped like cubeish or something....

Thats the ability to time travel. And we got 2 witness that.

It is basically the closest thing to god.

The entire movie they kept thinking some alien or god like being was pulling the strings....kept referring to "them"

It wasn't. It was Matthew and that robot. They discovered the Terrersect and became "god like" with the ability to time travel.

Thats my take anyway since u asked.
That's an interesting take.

The "them" they are referring to is humans from the future. At some point in the future humans evolve into 4th and 5th dimensional beings.

They are the ones who created this wormhole for everything to take place. They created the tesseract for Cooper to communicate with his daughter. To share the gravity equation so she could save the rest of humanity back home.

A tesseract is a 4d cube with every side being cubes instead of flat planes. Like this...

Jm5EyZc0cU-8-cell.gif

Also, I think you could consider Cooper and cat woman Adam and Eve rather than Gods. If they end up raising those embryos on the earth-like planet.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
That's an interesting take.

The "them" they are referring to is humans from the future. At some point in the future humans evolve into 4th and 5th dimensional beings.

They are the ones who created this wormhole for everything to take place. They created the tesseract for Cooper to communicate with his daughter. To share the gravity equation so she could save the rest of humanity back home.

A tesseract is a 4d cube with every side being cubes instead of flat planes. Like this...

Jm5EyZc0cU-8-cell.gif

Also, I think you could consider Cooper and cat woman Adam and Eve rather than Gods. If they end up raising those embryos on the earth-like planet.

ok yea that shape is what I meant by cubeish. makes sense.

And the framework was all different time lines.

Breh I swear since I just watched it when he's in there...Cooper even says "there is no they.....it's us"

and then they actually start replaying everything and actually show COOPER was the invisible "they"

Like when they first enter the blackhole and cat woman reaches out for a hand it then shows it was Cooper.

The entire time it was Cooper communicating with his daughter not a ghost.

I'll have to re-watch it again to confirm; but I don't think there was any type of evidence of anyone else being a factor. I thought it was debunked by Cooper once he was inside the terrasect from the dialogue; the flashbacks; and the fact that his daughter realized it was Cooper the whole time.

I think the wormhole was a complete coincidence. It would have to be if what I'm saying is true.

And if it isn't and some future people or whatever were involved....I don't remember them covering that.....there was no reveal if that is the case.

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
ok yea that shape is what I meant by cubeish. makes sense.

And the framework was all different time lines.

Breh I swear since I just watched it when he's in there...Cooper even says "there is no they.....it's us"

and then they actually start replaying everything and actually show COOPER was the invisible "they"

Like when they first enter the blackhole and cat woman reaches out for a hand it then shows it was Cooper.

The entire time it was Cooper communicating with his daughter not a ghost.

I'll have to re-watch it again to confirm; but I don't think there was any type of evidence of anyone else being a factor. I thought it was debunked by Cooper once he was inside the terrasect from the dialogue; the flashbacks; and the fact that his daughter realized it was Cooper the whole time.

I think the wormhole was a complete coincidence. It would have to be if what I'm saying is true.

And if it isn't and some future people or whatever were involved....I don't remember them covering that.....there was no reveal if that is the case.
I think all of those references like US and THEY can go both ways. US could mean literally Cooper and TARS OR it could be US as in humans.

Cooper is just a pilot. TARS is just a robot, so they didn't create the tesseract. Cooper and TARS were still referencing THEY while they were in it. "They created this for us" and they were giving TARS the data for gravity.

THEY had to have saved him when he got spit out of the tesseract and black hole. No way he survived that without their help. And by "their" I mean future "us"(humans that can manipulate the 4th and 5th dimension).

I think for your theory to work, Cooper would have had to develop/display some super human abilities. He just a pilot with a lot of courage.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
No. The entire theme was that love is the secret sauce to the universe.

Damon represented the Elon musks of the world.

The ugly side of humanity.
His whole "mission" was to save humanity according to him....first thing he does is try to kill everyone and save his scarey ass self :dead:

he was in the space ship talking that big pull yourself up by your bootstraps bullshyt. sacrifices have 2 be made fukk your kids all that.

"I thought I was ready 2 die.....im not...... I want my mommy :mjcry:"

he was a conman and a despicable human.

even after all that they STILL tried to save n warn him from his demise because they were good people. Didn't listen, was selfish, and got squished like a bug.

serves him right.
Close... but you are off

Matt Damon was EGO.. He was the smartest and best of the Lazarus mission crew. In fact, HE says "I never believed I wouldn't be the one to find the planet. But I knew soon as I landed, this wasn't the answer."

He was so full of himself, he never calculated for dying on this mission. And all he had to do to get saved was press a button. So he pressed it, lied about finding the right place, disabled his robot, and went down for the long nap.

But now that he's got help, kill them, leave them there, and finish the mission. FOR HIS EGO.. He loved nothing but himself

They also, didn't try to save him.. If he successfully got in, he'd leave them to die. If he unsuccessfully got in, he blows all the human DNA needed to restart the human race. So they were just telling him to chill the fukk out.

Crazy part is, if he just told the truth from jump, they'd probably not have left him. Just took him along for his knowledge but told NASA.. He didn't even think to try that. He was out for SELF

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I think all of those references like US and THEY can go both ways. US could mean literally Cooper and TARS OR it could be US as in humans.

Cooper is just a pilot. TARS is just a robot, so they didn't create the tesseract. Cooper and TARS were still referencing THEY while they were in it. "They created this for us" and they were giving TARS the data for gravity.

THEY had to have saved him when he got spit out of the tesseract and black hole. No way he survived that without their help. And by "their" I mean future "us"(humans that can manipulate the 4th and 5th dimension).

I think for your theory to work, Cooper would have had to develop/display some super human abilities. He just a pilot with a lot of courage.
They do not go both ways.. He's stuck in a time loop

They completed this mission or someone did. They got to the planet that Brand ended up on and they started the process of recreating humanity. Humans there, with help from studying the black hole, figured out space and time manipulation but couldn't pinpoint when EXACTLY to go to, to change the events of the past

So they create this machine inside the hole for Cooper. They know he flew the mission because him and Brand made it there. He goes in, discovers what they left him (like the wormhole) and pinpoints the time and the person and what to give her. The data from the black hole. She uses it to solve gravity, and then the loop is broken, but now with old humans on the ship and new humans being created on Brand's planet that will start the loop.

We just happen to be watching the movie mid loop, But the events of the loop (the crash, the drone, the farm machines, the ghost) are already happening because the beginning of the loop happened a long time ago to those in the future

And that's why this movie is GOAT... Takes you about 10 times to really grasp it and then watch it again and you still find new shyt

Last edited: