INTERSTELLAR Official Discussion, Review & Spoiler Thread

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
It's Nolan.. You're going to have to watch it, catch the twist, then rewatch it and see everything you missed.

I'm one of the few people who liked Tenet. These movie do have fault though that Nolan tries to fix with exposition....i watched interstellar like 3 times now and everytime dude goes into gargantua i'm like wtf :mindblown:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I'm one of the few people who liked Tenet. These movie do have fault though that Nolan tries to fix with exposition....i watched interstellar like 3 times now and everytime dude goes into gargantua i'm like wtf :mindblown:
Yea I can agree with that. It's one of my favs so I've seen it 100 times. I won't lie, you still can catch shyt you didn't notice the first time. It took me a few good times to even figure out it's the future humans who made it the first time, that was the ones doing everything the whole time (actually it's cooper but it's through their tech)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lemme help you out in the easiest way to explain it.

You can assume Cooper's fate in two ways: That he survived through Gargantua or that he is actually DEAD and he's literally Murphy's ghost.

To assume that Cooper survived, we have to understand who the Bolt beings are. These are presumed to be the evolution of mankind transforming into 5th dimensional beings. Because they are 5th dimensional beings, they mastered all of the other dimensions to include time and gravity. As TARS explained it, the Bolt beings brought in Cooper and TARS into their 5th dimensional realm but created the Tesseract for Coop to understand it. The Tesseract is Murphy's old bookshelf. In other words, the Bolt beings pulled Coop and TARS into their 5th dimension where time is stagnant and placed them during the significant period of the past to set motion for Murph to solve the equation to gravity.

OR if you assume that Cooper died, we will presume that the Tesseract is purgatory. And Cooper was stuck in infinite purgatory until he helped Murph solve the equation to gravity. Then the final scenes Murphy's dream before she passes away. Seeing her ghost in the final moments of her life.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Made all the sense when you realize you’re watching a time loop and you’re also stuck in the middle of it.

This played out before but we didn’t see it. They blasted off, went to the planet that old girl ends up on and creates life. Throughout the centuries, they studied the black hole, and discovered a way to manipulate time and space… then used that knowledge to create the anomalies in the movie and the wormhole and the tesseract (bookcase). That way they could get the daughter to save the humanity that died on earth.

You go through the movie not knowing who “they” are. Who put that wormhole there? But this time when Coop decides to drop into the black hole, he falls into the tesseract that the advanced humans placed there.

The future humans have gone beyond 3 dimensions and can manipulate time and space but cannot pinpoint the time they need to be at to make everything happen. That’s why they need a regular human to go in there and show them and transmit the data. Data they got when they dropped TARS in there. He pushes the data, through gravity anomalies, back in time to his daughter through the watch. They close the tesseract, push him out into space and the previous time loop is broken and past humans are saved now.

GOAT mind fukk movie
:mindblown:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

You can assume Cooper's fate in two ways: That he survived through Gargantua or that he is actually DEAD and he's literally Murphy's ghost.

To assume that Cooper survived, we have to understand who the Bolt beings are. These are presumed to be the evolution of mankind transforming into 5th dimensional beings. Because they are 5th dimensional beings, they mastered all of the other dimensions to include time and gravity. As TARS explained it, the Bolt beings brought in Cooper and TARS into their 5th dimensional realm but created the Tesseract for Coop to understand it. The Tesseract is Murphy's old bookshelf. In other words, the Bolt beings pulled Coop and TARS into their 5th dimension where time is stagnant and placed them during the significant period of the past to set motion for Murph to solve the equation to gravity.

OR if you assume that Cooper died, we will presume that the Tesseract is purgatory. And Cooper was stuck in infinite purgatory until he helped Murph solve the equation to gravity. Then the final scenes Murphy's dream before she passes away. Seeing her ghost in the final moments of her life.
:mindblown:

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland

How does Dr. Man's character fall into all of this? because he is a major part of the second half of the film

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How does Dr. Man's character fall into all of this? because he is a major part of the second half of the film

I thought you wanted the point of when Cooper went into Gargantua.

Dr. Man is prior to that. Long story short, Dr. Man knew Dr. Brand was full of shyt with the whole Plan A & Plan B. When Dr. Man landed on the ice planet, he knew immediately that there's no way for restart mankind on this planet and now he's isolated by himself. That isolation made him mad and desperate to return to Earth. He pressed the beacon to single NASA back on Earth there's habitual life on his planet, but really so he can get them there so he can take their ship and ride out. Then he put himself to sleep until they eventually got there.

Dr. Man's part of the story addresses the larger part where Amelia and Cooper were debating which planet to go. That's where Amelia's theory of LOVE is an unexplained connection that cannot be quantifiable due to her feeling connected to her husband's planet without any rhyme or reason. Whereas Cooper, who been throughout the movie believes in hardcore science and mathematics over spirituality just looked at Amelia as being sprung and not thinking logically and argued that Dr. Man was claimed by Amelia's own admission to be "the best of us" and his beacon is making it loud and clear to come there, and the planet is closer, and the fuel situation. So, he overruled Amelia's preference to go to her husband's planet (even though Amelia ended up being correct).

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
I thought you wanted the point of when Cooper went into Gargantua.

Dr. Man is prior to that. Long story short, Dr. Man knew Dr. Brand was full of shyt with the whole Plan A & Plan B. When Dr. Man landed on the ice planet, he knew immediately that there's no way for restart mankind on this planet and now he's isolated by himself. That isolation made him mad and desperate to return to Earth. He pressed the beacon to single NASA back on Earth there's habitual life on his planet, but really so he can get them there so he can take their ship and ride out. Then he put himself to sleep until they eventually got there.

Dr. Man's part of the story addresses the larger part where Amelia and Cooper were debating which planet to go. That's where Amelia's theory of LOVE is an unexplained connection that cannot be quantifiable due to her feeling connected to her husband's planet without any rhyme or reason. Whereas Cooper, who been throughout the movie believes in hardcore science and mathematics over spirituality just looked at Amelia as being sprung and not thinking logically and argued that Dr. Man was claimed by Amelia's own admission to be "the best of us" and his beacon is making it loud and clear to come there, and the planet is closer, and the fuel situation. So, he overruled Amelia's preference to go to her husband's planet (even though Amelia ended up being correct).

Im re-watching it now.

Dr. Mann just stated that Dr. Brand told him there was no Plan A before he left the earth on the Lazarus Misson. He said that Brand knew that he could not complete his equation because they needed an object to pull data from directly inside the blackhole.

Mann knew that he was to never to come back to Earth, that was his misson.

Towards the beginning of the movie, Brand called Mann "the bravest of them all" in regards to the explorers, but in reality he was extremely weak and selfish.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland

The 5th Dimension is the "Bulk" Dimension. As you mentioned the Bulk beings are an advanced race of human beings that have surpassed the 4th dimension (time) which is where our intelligence is capped. Our species can only understand time as a linear space that has a begining and ending in a straight line.

Within the 5th dimension time has no bounds and can run in endless different paths. You, I and our species will never grasp that concept. As, the movie stated the closest that we will ever get to a 5D experience is Love, because love has no bounds and transends our linear concept of time.