Inside the Making of Redfall, Xbox’s Latest Misfire (Bloomberg)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bro i swear you and meach are slow or in a cult.

Arkane developers were literally hoping for Microsoft to come in and cancel the game. The fact that Microsoft is pretending they didn’t know the game was in such a bad state, marketed it as their big “one last thing”, and continued to backpedal saying the mock reviews were far higher than it came out to be is all just lies.

literally the thing yall were laughing about sony doing to Last of Us multiplayer last week is the exact thing that needed to happen to Redfall and what caused the devs of the studio to leave.

So is Microsoft going to be hands on for Starfield or are they not? I guess that depends on how it reviews, huh?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Arkane developers were literally hoping for Microsoft to come in and cancel the game. The fact that Microsoft is pretending they didn’t know the game was in such a bad state, marketed it as their big “one last thing”, and continued to backpedal saying the mock reviews were far higher than it came out to be is all just lies.

literally the thing yall were laughing about sony doing to Last of Us multiplayer last week is the exact thing that needed to happen to Redfall and what caused the devs of the studio to leave.

So is Microsoft going to be hands off for Starfield or are they not? I guess that depends on how it reviews, huh?

Remember this is the perspective of second hand opinions from anonymous disgruntled employee(s).

That’s why all J.Schriers articles are so negative, then there’s inevitable pushback by people who actually worked on the finished product and have a different perspective.

J. Schrier even came back and said management wanted to make the game. Microsft wouldn’t know the feelings of lower level employees that aren’t even there anymore.

They play tested the game, it got decent reviews. Would not make sense to just jump in and cancel this game this studio has been working on for years. They said from jump Bethesda would still operate as they did before. I’m sure things will integrate better in the future and all parties can be more on the same page, but for these first transitional games, it made more sense to let them be. Most of the games worked out. Redfall is the only one that didn’t.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Remember this is the perspective of second hand opinions from anonymous disgruntled employee(s).

Funny how you didn’t remember that during the last of us multiplayer bloomberg story :sas1:

Like usual you are just damage controlling, the reduction in staff, reviews, and overhaul of the games systems says it all

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

So is Microsoft going to be hands on for Starfield or are they not? I guess that depends on how it reviews, huh?

Who do the arkane developers report too?

Microsoft or Zenimax?

This is a case of workers being instructed to do something by management and them hoping upper management comes in and kills the project because they ain't feeling it or don't want to do it.

It's really that simple.

If management is telling upper management that they have some problems but it should be fine then upper management is gonna role with it.

This is why I said they need another group that doesn't have to worry about making MS or devs upset. Basically almost independent that play test and review these games the way they have studios now.

Otherwise this is something that is going to happen more often.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Before microsoft bought them it was either make a multiplayer game work or they probably would have gotten closed down.

Once microsoft bought them, they didn’t need it to be a multiplayer hit anymore, but by that point the game was too far gone.

Probably good they just released it and got it out of the way, now they can make a game that’s not so desperately influenced by trying to stay afloat.
This

I’m not the biggest fan of Arkane like some of y’all but this statement right here is what I was thinking

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This

I’m not the biggest fan of Arkane like some of y’all but this statement right here is what I was thinking
Yeah, people wanna blame microsoft or zenimax but really if you are a studio head and you keep dropping critical darling games that nobody plays, you are gonna have to try to shake things up in some way. I don’t blame them for trying but i just don’t think there’s any way an immersive sim can also be a GAAS, and i think they figured that out at some point, but it was just too late.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, people wanna blame microsoft or zenimax but really if you are a studio head and you keep dropping critical darling games that nobody plays, you are gonna have to try to shake things up in some way. I don’t blame them for trying but i just don’t think there’s any way an immersive sim can also be a GAAS, and i think they figured that out at some point, but it was just too late.

:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
if WB can just eat a whole batgirl movie, surely MS could have scrapped this thing

They would have saved money by not releasing this. It bombed on steam and i doubt anyone paid money for it on xbox, it wasn’t even in the top 50 at launch.

They spent a shyt load to market a turd essentially and tehy are still paying the studio to “fix” it. Let’s be honest 60fps and fixing bugs ain’t gonna save this game

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
70% of the prey team gone...
black-guy-waking-up.gif
What? :damn: