Inside the Making of Redfall, Xbox’s Latest Misfire (Bloomberg)

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Almost as if Arkane wanted to have a multiverse of their games such as, Dishonored, Prey, and Deathloop...but Microsoft as normal dikkheads thriving upon predatory multiplayer games to bring in revenue, decided to go with a shytty vampire game that nobody asked for.

Thus, we embrace Redfall and all of its failing glory. This could bring the developer down like the rest in the back of the yard, but I am a praying marsupial and will keep Arkane in my prayers, because Dishonored is that damn good for a third entry.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Almost as if Arkane wanted to have a multiverse of their games such as, Dishonored, Prey, and Deathloop...but Microsoft as normal dikkheads thriving upon predatory multiplayer games to bring in revenue, decided to go with a shytty vampire game that nobody asked for.

Thus, we embrace Redfall and all of its failing glory. This could bring the developer down like the rest in the back of the yard, but I am a praying marsupial and will keep Arkane in my prayers, because Dishonored is that damn good for a third entry.
Bethesda wanted this. game was far into development by the time MS bought them

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Bethesda wanted this. game was far into development by the time MS bought them
Somebody at Bethesda had to be like :francis: "this is a shytty idea guys". Like, I love vampire lore and bought V Rising, but everything about Redfall just screams "NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS".

Now we have a doorstop and a drinking coaster (Lord of the Ring game). 2023 gaming else helping brehs with home needs like IKEA with these shytty games.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

This was more a zenimax thing that was going on before MS got involved

Honestly Xbox needs to stop with the “hands off” approach with their devs. Sony and Nintendo both have stricter quality control and they monitor game development as it’s in progress and step in when necessary

A recent example I can think of is Nintendo stepping in during development of Fire Emblem: Engage where they told the game director they were making the protagonist too much of a p*ssy early on and it wasn’t gonna resonate with players :skip: They also brought in another director to help balance gameplay because all the ideas they were initially trying we’re totally broken/unbalanced, which totally saved the game IMO because I love the combat in Engage

If Nintendo was hands off in that scenario the game would’ve most definitely flopped in regards to both story and gameplay

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
This was more a zenimax thing that was going on before MS got involved

Honestly Xbox needs to stop with the “hands off” approach with their devs. Sony and Nintendo both have stricter quality control and they monitor game development as it’s in progress and step in when necessary

A recent example I can think of is Nintendo stepping in during development of Fire Emblem: Engage where they told the game director they were making the protagonist too much of a p*ssy early on and it wasn’t gonna resonate with players :skip: They also brought in another director to help balance gameplay because all the ideas they were initially trying we’re totally broken/unbalanced, which totally saved the game IMO because I love the combat in Engage

If Nintendo was hands off in that scenario the game would’ve most definitely flopped in regards to both story and gameplay

Shame Nintendo have a "hands off" approach with their E Shop:scust:. But yeah, MS is too damn passive with everything, including their Game Pass. Its getting to the point where its making the company look like a gaming "my 600 pound life". Every week, its either they are trying to buy a dev, introduce more shyt that starving developers, and just look like a lazy bloated company. The same can be said for Sony and their "live service" games, and Nintendo's stubborn ways of relying on a relic, but wanting to stick it to the Steam Deck because "emulation".

Just all around clown shoes.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
It's like phil didn't even play the game before signing off on it...:mjlol::dead: jesus christ like aint that your job???!

He’s an idiot, buy a studio which 70% of the devs leave and still put that trash out :heh:

No wonder Xbox exclusives been weak for years

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
the unclear direction in the studio shined thru to the end product, thats how development works. perfect example - i didnt realize it was supposed to be MP centric until just now. too bad, iys a fun little (empty) shooting gallery sandbox as is. imagine if it had been finished. theyd be all right rn. it would probably be a borderlands knock off but it still wouldnt be this bad

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
If this was a one player game, I had faith in it, but I bought it and installed it, and I still never played it

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Glad to have some clarity on the matter. I couldn't believe Arkane Austin missed like that.

They're already working on their next game so give them a mulligan.

I'll check out Redfall down the line after some updates.