Inside Russell Wilson's "close knit" and "exclusive" inner circle

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
It's funny...Him and RG3 both have white wives and hang around mostly White guys.

Meanwhile you have Kap who is actually mixed, adopted into and raised by a White family but Is apart of a black fraternity ( Kappa Alph Psi) Wifed up a Black woman in college, and hangs with mostly black people.

Not judging but thats interesting.

TheGoldCoast

Banned
Daps
It's funny...Him and RG3 both have white wives and hang around mostly White guys.

Meanwhile you have Kap who is actually mixed, adopted into and raised by a White family but Is apart of a black fraternity ( Kappa Alph Psi) Wifed up a Black woman, and hangs with mostly black people.

Not judging but thats interesting.

I don't find it funny. I just see it as another case of ignoring socioeconomic factors when discussing the AA experience.

RG3 is a military brat. Most of those kids are not only sheltered but extremely naïve when it comes to social issues. They grow in multiracial neighborhoods when the world outside isn't like that. That's why RG3 comes off so corny and wildly try-hard.

Kaep is adopted. He's had the "white experience" growing up..It makes sense when he got on his own he found a familiar black experience and culture in hip hop which is the dominant AA culture.

Russ is wealthy. Not too many white kids grew up like he did and even less black kids. His entire experience isn't colorless but in his world, where you go to school, who your parents are and what you are about matters more. Unfortunately that narrow inner circle is majority white when it comes to those certain values.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Unfortunately generational black excellence is few and far between. I grew up in the same zip and guess what? My family couldn't afford to send me there. We are first gen as in most AA's when it comes to wealth. Just the way it is. Don't get it twisted though, his charitable actions isn't an act. Most of the kids who go there are genuinely good kids who work in the community. :yeshrug:

I understand that and have known black with wealth. The difference those ones with wealth would at least try to place thei kids in mre diverse settings. And actually Russels family probably have 3 generations of wealth if you include his grandparents. But I have heard other stories about his family but I will leave that alone.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
I have a question for you Coli brehs.....

If you had the money to send your kids to a affluent school and raise them in an affluent environment would you?

We all know that the top private and and even public schools in the country are mostly filled with white kids, how do you get the best for your child while also keeping them diverse?

THis is just a question, i'm not judging anything either way.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are we hyping this glorified game manager? The defense is the true star of the team.
I dont understand this at all a game manager? I truly dont get it, I had this opinion of him during the first half of his rookie season, because I didn't see much of him. But when I finally started to watch him on a regular basis, I've been blown away at how he plays the position .

Dude's pocket awareness is off the charts, he doesn't get sacked, his senses pressure from his blind so well its crazy. And then the plays he makes with his legs, he make not have the raw and dazzle of Cam, Vick, Randle, Kap, but he got his style, just smooth and evasive. And finally the arm, say whatever you want about his arm strength, but he makes all the throws, and makes em, when it matters.

Of course, he has flaws, dude is going into his third year. And yes he has great D and great running game to lean on. But he's put in big work too, and deserve the props he's getting

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't find it funny. I just see it as another case of ignoring socioeconomic factors when discussing the AA experience.

RG3 is a military brat. Most of those kids are not only sheltered but extremely naïve when it comes to social issues. They grow in multiracial neighborhoods when the world outside isn't like that. That's why RG3 comes off so corny and wildly try-hard.

Kaep is adopted. He's had the "white experience" growing up..It makes sense when he got on his own he found a familiar black experience and culture in hip hop which is the dominant AA culture.

Russ is wealthy. Not too many white kids grew up like he did and even less black kids. His entire experience isn't colorless but in his world, where you go to school, who your parents are and what you are about matters more. Unfortunately that narrow inner circle is majority white when it comes to those certain values.

Actually kap parents said they made a concerted effort to instill in him that he was black. From getting him a black mentor when he was young to getting him black dolls as a child. RG3 and maybe Russell are like some kids that I even grew up with who's black parents were so concerned about moving on up and living amongst white folks that often times they forgot to to teach their kids about themselves and who they were. I knew some black kids who didn't even know how to interacte with black folks. I mean literally didn't know. You could see it when we hit dating age. Some of the black dudes didn't know how to interact with sistas and some of the sistas didn't know how to interact with brothas. Some of them jokers were just lost.

I myself grew up in one of the most well to do neighborhoods in Chicago and the neighborhood was lily white with yuppies. My parents always made a concerted effort to make sure I wasn't a white washed kid. Whether that was placing me in diverse schools, taking me to events so i had to interact with black people or telling me about who I was and to never forget. IMO some of these black kids aren't getting that.

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
are we this bored and need games that we gotta over analyze this man friendships?

TheGoldCoast

Banned
Daps
Actually kap parents said they made a concerted effort to instill in him that he was black. From getting him a black mentor when he was young to getting him black dolls as a child. RG3 and maybe Russell are like some kids that I even grew up with who's black parents were so concerned about moving on up and living amongst white folks that often times they forgot to to teach their kids about themselves and who they were. I knew some black kids who didn't even know how to interacte with black folks. I mean literally didn't know. You could see it when we hit dating age. Some of the black dudes didn't know how to interact with sistas and some of the sistas didn't know how to interact with brothas. Some of them jokers were just lost.

I myself grew up in one of the most well to do neighborhoods in Chicago and the neighborhood was lily white with yuppies. My parents always made a concerted effort to make sure I wasn't a white washed kid. Whether that was placing me in diverse schools, taking me to events so i had to interact with black people or telling me about who I was and to never forget. IMO some of these black kids aren't getting that.

Don't disagree with you at all. I never saw breh around town or in the church and there's only a handful of churches in the area where Our Kind of People go, so it obviously wasn't high on the priority list. Good post. :salute: