Indianapolis Getting the Rumble, Summer Slam, and Mania

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Wonder what that check looked like getting the three biggest shows in the business is crazy

Props to Indy for doing it. They know they're playing with some momentum with Caitlin Clark, Hali/Pacers back in the playoffs, Colts had some buzz before Richardson got hurt but he'll be back. They wanna show they can do shyt too. They've always had a good sports market, just haven't had much to get excited about.

That PLE there back in October had a really good crowd. And of course Chicago, Detroit, the midwest all around will show out for these 3 and help out. Good stuff

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Man, Houston gotta at least get another major PPV here. :mjcry: We ain't got the big 4 PPVs here in years. :mjcry:
Royal Rumble 2020 :to:
Survivor Series 2017 :to:
No SummerSlam ever :mjcry:
WrestleMania 25 :to:

AEW and TNA ducking us, too. What did we do to deserve this? :mjcry:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Wow I guess Jan. 25 was too early? First time Rumble has been in Feb.

Looking at the calendar and the first Raw of 2025 is Jan. 6 😬 and that only leaves 3 episodes of Raw before the Rumble. Maybe they wanted 4?
I think it's more about avoiding the NFL playoffs. FEB 1st is the weekend off inbetween the Conference Championship games and the Super Bowl. Same reason they bumped WM to avoid March Madness.

I don't know how much of a difference it makes towards live attendance + viewership but a minor tweak seems worth it to get the weekend entirely to yourself.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally me and my boys can go to a big ppv. We're probably all going to RR and WM but might skip SummerSlam. Rumble will probably be my first wrestling show ever. :wow:

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Damn Survivor Series, you ain’t one of the big PPVs no more?
Nah at best it’s #5 behind Money in the Bank as well….and with how Backlash has been the last two years it might be #6….

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Some offer tax and rent breaks. I know New Orleans got 34 so quickly after having just got 30 because we gave them the arena and stadium for free for the whole weekend.
Wonder if this triggers more places paying to have the events. I assume Indy did their due diligence and figured out they'd make significantly more than what they're paying to bring the events there.