Indianapolis Getting the Rumble, Summer Slam, and Mania

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If the Rumble is coming to Lucas, you would think Mania is also going to Lucas? I wonder if they would attempt an event at the Brickyard. I don't know exactly how you'd make it work for wrestling but it'd be a cool aesthetic.

Indy hosted WrestleMania VIII back in the day. Tickets sold "ok" ... but now with traveling crowds I would expect a much better turnout if the product is still good.
WM VIII was when the business was trending downwards
Hulkamania had run it's course and Warrior was not the guy to step into that slot (nobody really was until Austin)
Honestly I thought the ticket sales seemed pretty decent for one of the weaker main events they ever had. Not having Flair vs Hogan headline was an all time fumble, idc what the house shows were drawing.
Keep in mind, they ran one more stadium show at SummerSlam 92 and business tanked so bad they only ran 1 more single stadium show (RR '97, which was heavily papered) until WM 17, nearly 10 years later

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation

giphy.gif
No Rumble in January?

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Toothpaste is already out of the bottle with getting an additional day's worth of revenue. Like the 3rd hour of RAW, it's here to stay.
I didn't want to say it was set in stone after the 2026 announcement but it's safe to say it's likely going to be a reoccurring thing after. Makes me wonder if it's the 2027 SS that Indy gets since you'd think the first 2-Night SS would be the one they announced first in Minny.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Nick Khan or whoever is in charge of these deals is a cotdamn genius. Current WWE is what happens when you apply intelligent and modern promoting moves instead of the old "tried and true" formulas wrestling has relied on for so long.

Last edited:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Was gonna do a road trip from Toronto to Indy with my buddy this season to finally see a Colts game live :wow:

Gotta queue this up now :whew:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Nick Khan or whoever is in charge of these deals is a cotdamn genius. Current WWE is what happens when you apply intelligent and modern promoting moves instead of old "tried and true" formula wrestling has relied on for so long.