Indiana Jones and MIssion Impossible both set to lose over 100m in the box office

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I fukked with Barbieheimer, but it almost seems like you need some sort of marketing gimmick like that to have a successful blockbuster box office.

I don't have the stats, but anecdotal evidence tells me people aren't going to the movies like that anymore in general. These budgets are not sustainable, and I don't think sending these films straight to streaming fixes the problem...

Streaming is part of the problem. they created their own monster.

doesn't help that movie tix are out of control.

Good ole fashioned greed.

Need to adjust expectations, prices, salaries (esp execs), etc.

The jig is up.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
MI:7 made 500 million worldwide. If that makes them lose money it's because they went full retard with how much the movie cost.

How the fukk were they expecting to make at least 700M on a summer against Barbie and a huge Nolan film running at the same time? And do it with a movie that has "Part 1" in the title:mjlol:

Hollywood execs are fukking useless.
the saving grace is that both were filmed back to back so hopefully the Dead Reckoning part 2 can help put it in the black :yeshrug:

edit: that was kinda crazy :dame:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Streaming is part of the problem. they created their own monster.

doesn't help that movie tix are out of control.

Good ole fashioned greed.

Need to adjust expectations, prices, salaries (esp execs), etc.

The jig is up.
WB just announced that Barbie is coming to streaming September 5th.

The shyt just made $34M in its 4th weekend and it'll be available in 2 weeks? That's insane. Back in the day, they would've let that shyt ride, but now they rush it to streaming so they don't have to split with movie theaters and bump up subscribers.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
these movies are simply too expensive these days

Absolutely no reason Indy should have been a 300mil budget film. It's utter insanity and looks more and more like financial fukkery. You take a loss at the box office and then make the money up on the backend via licensing/streaming for the next x years in order to avoid paying certain people.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How come nobody is factoring in nobody under 30 gives a fukk about either movie

Mission impossible and Indiana Jones is old head babble
MI:Fallout came out in 2018 and made $800M.

This one they fukked up because Barbenheimer was released the following weekend and they gave up a bunch of IMAX screens for Oppenheimer.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I thought MI7 was going to do numbers. Fallout did big numbers and Tom fresh off Top Gun. I thought it was a surefire hit actually. I think we're getting a little tired of it. The stunts got big to the point of just fantasy. Fallout and MI3 had the best balance. I kind of wish they go back to MI1 vibe. A little more grassroots.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I had no idea it was that high
i agree with this score:ehh: