Indiana Jones and MIssion Impossible both set to lose over 100m in the box office

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I think the Tom Cruise stunt promos he was cutting before the MI7 release kinda made the actual movie a letdown.
We saw that motorcycle stunt from multiple angles months before the movie came out and they really didn't add anything to it in the movie.
And the train scene was just a remix of the OG scene from MI1 and has been done multiples times in different properties since.
Plus I think these stunts from all these movies (Fast X, MI7, etc) have lost their luster.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They being nice with Indy 5.

the production budget alone was 300 million.
Marketing AT LEAST 100 mill.

You get roughly 55-60% of box office revenue so with it at 375 million, they seeing roughly 200 million of that.

That shyt looking at a 200 million loss. :francis:

No wonder Iger laying off so many people :(

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

You get roughly 55-60% of box office revenue so with it at 375 million, they seeing roughly 200 million of that.

Not mentioned: They have taken losses on the Ant-Man movie, Elemental which was a Pixar movie and now that Haunted Mansion shyt is also flopping Lol

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Not mentioned: They have taken losses on the Ant-Man movie, Elemental which was a Pixar movie and now that Haunted Mansion shyt is also flopping Lol

Iger like

200w.gif

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

Yep. They being real nice cuz they definitely lost a good 200 millie at least.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Its absolutely nuts when the movie starring Harrison Ford ends up netting them a 100 million dollar loss and he’s still walking away with 20 million in his pocket lol

Not only that but i bet Spielberg got a few M’s for it also and he didn’t even have to watch it.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Its absolutely nuts when the movie starring Harrison Ford ends up netting them a 100 million dollar loss and he’s still walking away with 20 million in his pocket lol

Not only that but i bet Spielberg got a few M’s for it also and he didn’t even have to watch it.
That's their fault thinking people wanted another Indy. They can only blame themselves.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Mission Impossible at least was a fun film. 81 yr old Ford in another Indiana film? Yeah no thanks.

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That's their fault thinking people wanted another Indy. They can only blame themselves.
The problem is they waited too long to make it. Harrison Ford was old as hell in the last one. And they decide to take another 15 years to make the last one.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I fukked with Barbieheimer, but it almost seems like you need some sort of marketing gimmick like that to have a successful blockbuster box office.

I don't have the stats, but anecdotal evidence tells me people aren't going to the movies like that anymore in general. These budgets are not sustainable, and I don't think sending these films straight to streaming fixes the problem...

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
I think the Tom Cruise stunt promos he was cutting before the MI7 release kinda made the actual movie a letdown.
We saw that motorcycle stunt from multiple angles months before the movie came out and they really didn't add anything to it in the movie.
And the train scene was just a remix of the OG scene from MI1 and has been done multiples times in different properties since.
Plus I think these stunts from all these movies (Fast X, MI7, etc) have lost their luster.
Yeah this
I would have saved the release of the behind the scenes stunts for later
plus poor ill timed release date

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Like someone said earlier, these movies cost too damn much to make. They keep pumping out 200-300 million dollar budgets on these movies that have to make close to a billion to make any money on them. Plus they keep making the same damn movies over and over. The law of diminishing returns starts to factor in at some point, and they are clearly there on all these sequels.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Hollywood has gone mad & is so wildly out of touch. The Kingdon of the Crystal Skull came out 20 years after The Last Cruisade so the nostalgia was still there. Understandable that it did good at the box office. To come out another 15 years later with another sequel and for the budget to be 300 million is ABSURD! Harrison Ford at this point is 81 years old! :mjlol::mjgrin:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Elemental actually became a sleeper hit after a bad opening weekend. Its going to be profitable for the company

I have NO IDEA why they released Haunted Mansion in summer and not Halloween.

I really thought Indiana Jones & The Dial Of Destiny was a good movie. I don’t know why critics shyt on it but Crystal Skull was so bad I guess OG fans checked out and the word of mouth wasn’t strong