Indiana Jones and MIssion Impossible both set to lose over 100m in the box office

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe Tom Cruise ain't got the juice like that no more. He was the last true to form 'movie star.' :lupe:

I just hope TMNT Mutant Mayhem does well enough in the midst of all these summer movies flopping (aside from Barbenheimer). Best TMNT movie ever. Had to see it twice in theaters. :wow:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Indy is a 40 year of Franchise. The fact it made something like 400 Million WW actually isn't that bad considering the original film came out in 1981. "Mission Impossible" is a Television series from the 1960's. The original came out in 1996. So we are 28 years from part 1 and Mission Impossible 7 has made 500 Million at the box office. So considering when both franchises came out. I'd say their numbers were pretty good. Now as for the budgets. A lot of that had to do with Covid. But Indy 5 and Mission Impossible 7 were supposed to drop 2 years ago but they held on to them hoping for better box office. People think their Studio executives now. Most of the budgets you all read about are inaccurate and estimates. The real budgets are never released because Studios keep that confidential. A movie has multiple revenue streams. Both films still have streaming, home video and Television rights to make money off.

Indy 5 will make Disney Plus money and people will buy it to have the compete set. They can now say "Get the 5 Movie Indy Set for one price". Mission Impossible also will probably do well on Home video. What's crazy is if you would have told me "John Wick 4" was going to do better than Both domestically, I would have said yeah right but here we are. The point is both of these films are sequels. Some franchises can wait years for the sequel. But this was the 5th Indy movie and the 7th Mission Impossible. Audiences have seen both franchises for Decades now. Barbie worked because like Mario it's a multi-generational franchise and Women were looking for their blockbuster to latch on to. Since most of the Blockbusters are marketed towards Men and young boys. Nolan got lucky getting swept up in the Barbie Mania. If it was Barbie/Impossible I think Mission would have had that type of success to in cross marketing. Anyways. Tom and Harrison with their Old Franchises can still generate interest. None of these so called "Stars" today are breaking franchise people will still care about 30 or 40 years from now like Harrison and Tom.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Maybe Tom Cruise ain't got the juice like that no more. He was the last true to form 'movie star.' :lupe:
He just "saved the box office" with the previous movie. It's just Mission Impossible came out at the wrong time. Plus it's the 7th movie in a franchise on top of that, so many might noy be in a rush to see more of the same

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
The new MI did not look much different than the last one and one before that. I'll catch it eventually but was not the least bit excited about it. Indy looked terrible from the first trailer and I'll catch it on the streams down the way.

Hollywood just needs to make more original content.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
This is an unpopular opinion but I fukking LOVED the first 20 minutes of Inidiana Jones. They really perfected the look. His voice was old still but I got over it. Indy was my childhood hero so I'm super biased. But I was excited to see young Indy doing his thing again. I got the feels from it. Actually, I want to watch a whole movie with it.

I didn't care for the MI7 movie. It was kind of bleh to me. Tom's starting to show his age a lot. And it's funny how he just moves from 1 girl to another. LOL. Mission Impossible is turning into Fast and Furious with better taste to me.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Elemental actually became a sleeper hit after a bad opening weekend. Its going to be profitable for the company

:patrice: It's up to $444M worldwide. It definitely corrected itself domestically but with a budget of $200M (Plus another $100M in advertising) it's probably not going to make money in it's theater run but maybe it'll make money on ancillaries

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
MI:7 made 500 million worldwide. If that makes them lose money it's because they went full retard with how much the movie cost.

How the fukk were they expecting to make at least 700M on a summer against Barbie and a huge Nolan film running at the same time? And do it with a movie that has "Part 1" in the title:mjlol:

Hollywood execs are fukking useless.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Have no interest in seeing either movie not gonna lie

Saw Oppenheimer & TMNT instead, zero regrets on either one

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
MI:7 made 500 million worldwide. If that makes them lose money it's because they went full retard with how much the movie cost.

How the fukk were they expecting to make at least 700M on a summer against Barbie and a huge Nolan film running at the same time? And do it with a movie that has "Part 1" in the title:mjlol:

Yea they went OD on the budget but to be fair Covid delays ballooned the budget so it wasn’t ALL the fault of the studio

And Barbie SEEMS like a foregone conclusion now but hindsight is always 20/20. Nobody really could’ve known that shyt was going to gross a billie

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

I think the last M:I made over $800M so they probably was thinking in that ballpark but COVID took what was already an expensive picture and made it even more expensive and then as I said earlier the release date was a fukking disaster. They should have pushed it to a different date.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yea they went OD on the budget but to be fair Covid delays ballooned the budget so it wasn’t ALL the fault of the studio

And Barbie SEEMS like a foregone conclusion now but hindsight is always 20/20. Nobody really could’ve known that shyt was going to gross a billie
Not a billie but it had summer blockbuster written all over it. It's one of the most famous properties for little girls so it had a huge potential audience across all ages for a movie with great casting and an accomplished director.