India has 1.3 billion people but only 10 Gold medals in their history

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
The U.S. spends approximately $327 million on Olympic athletes through the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC) (Team USA).

China spends billions of dollars on its Olympic athletes, but a precise total amount is not publicly disclosed (China Daily).

India spends approximately ₹470 crore (about $57 million) on its Olympic athletes for the Paris 2024 Olympics (Hindustan Times) (The New Indian Express).

:francis:

I should note that some scientist speculate that China has already been genetically modifying humans. For example, there are twin girls in China, who should be in their late teens or early 20s, are genetically modified humans. We may not see them now, but there WILL be enhanced or genetically modified athletes from China in the olympics.

Chinas doping program puts Russia to shame. They got to excuse it as a bad test last time. And thryre evolving. The US female swim team said a couple Olympics back they thought men were in their lockerrooms talking turned out it was Chinese females. :huhldup:

China has a lot more muscle to throw around than I realized. Nobody is willing to stop them. Not saying the US doesnt have people on roids just not state sanctioned.

Genos

Superstar
Daps
India went from getting completely hoed by the British to being an impoverished country. When I went there, there were numerous actual babies sleeping on the street. I am sure, unlike China, India is still getting their resources extracted by foreign powers

Geordi

All Star
Daps
Manu Bhaker Bronze Women's 10m air pistol shooting 2024:takedat:

a46acce8-759c-11eb-bd38-f900e27db307_1614061715906.jpg

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Gold medals don't fall off trees. Major countries have government and private sectors that focus on finding potential athletes, training them from very young ages, and prepping them for Olympic pursuits by a certain age. The USA, China, France, Japan, UK, etc do well at every Olympics because of the time and money they pour into developing and maintaining athletes. I don't get the impression India does this, based on the results.