Independence Day was released 18 years ago.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
And what’s wrong with that? There’s a lot of ridiculous, over the top moments in the movie, but that’s one of the many reasons it’s still beloved over two and a half decades later.
It gave us a lot of shytty disaster films, such as Armageddon, Day After Tomorrow, Godzilla, 2012, etc.

Big budget does not guarantee your film to be great. Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich proved that numerous of times:
Big budget with very lazy writing, thinking famous actors that they can afford, and CGI, will be enough.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
This movie was rushed out because they found out Tim Burton was making Mars Attacks.

The first half or so of this movie is still good. I also watched ID42 for the first time. People need to stop saying Michael B Jordan is the worst actor when we got Jessie T Usher out there:scusthov:The movie was trash but the queen alien at the end was cool.

I think Emmerich's best movie is The Patriot. I'm curious if people on here like Emmerich or Bay when talking about mid directors.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
One of OG scam films that used to have a catchy trailer to make the audience go see the film. I mean it was a spaceship exploding the White House, You had to go see it. And the film would be just a dumb big budget action fest.

That same director made Stargate, Day after Tomorrow, Godzilla. Those were all scam, with Stargate maybe being a more clever film that's actually cared about the plot.
Scam film? Were you alive when this came out?

Id4 was the event film of the year. Everyone saw it and virtually everyone enjoyed it. Most hyped movie since Jurassic Park.

Godzilla was a "scam" film and that's why it flopped.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
This movie was rushed out because they found out Tim Burton was making Mars Attacks.

The first half or so of this movie is still good. I also watched ID42 for the first time. People need to stop saying Michael B Jordan is the worst actor when we got Jessie T Usher out there:scusthov:The movie was trash but the queen alien at the end was cool.

I think Emmerich's best movie is The Patriot. I'm curious if people on here like Emmerich or Bay when talking about mid directors.
Bay has had Bad Boys 1/2, The Rock, Armageddon, Transformers 1/3, and Pain & Gain.

Emmerich has had ID4, The Patriot, and The Day After Tomorrow. Universal Soldier and Stargate were both okay, but I don’t really revisit them often.

I guess Bay wins for me.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I like when Randall quaid flew his duster plane into the alien mother ship and saved everyone :bryan:
The irony is he heroically gives his life by flying his jet into the “anus” of the alien spacecraft, thereby exposing that their weakness is also being probed.

"When they took him up in the spaceship, the aliens abused him sexually."

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
seeing this as a kid was a top 5 theater experience
up there with Lord of the Rings & Infinity War

edit: pretty sure I saw this at the Magic Johnson theater in LA. when them cacs was :blessed: @ dem aliens and then they blew up that skyscraper and mfs was :damn::damn:

Last edited:

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
I like when Randall quaid flew his duster plane into the alien mother ship and saved everyone :bryan:
Still don't know why that worked. The giant laser beam should have just obliterated the plane before hitting everything below...but instead there was some magic material coating the plane that made the laser bounce off and backfire into the ship? :heh:

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
I saw this in the theater when that ship showed up that was incredible to see on screen.

Epic movie. A true blockbuster.
As a kid this movie and Jurassic park made going to the theater special

Now no movies are original just sequels and remakes