Independence Day was released 18 years ago.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
tumblr_m6n8secM8c1r7bhzoo12_r1_500.gif

AND WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SMELL!?!?!? I COULDA BEEN AT A BAR-B-Q!!!!!

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
when they first entered our atmosphere i aint gonna lie i was in the theatre scared as hell, audience was quiet as hell to with the :merchant: face, it was like the war of the worlds radio play except we actually saw the aliens, and i actually dig the design of their exo suits

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
When Will knocks the 8 ft telepathic alien in the exosuit out with one punch :beli: they have the nerve to have him say not one but TWO smart ass, Fresh Prince one-liners

:beli:
roland emmerich :laff:

for some reason I can still enjoy some of his movies, Independence Day, Stargate, Day after tomorrow

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
It was a "summer blockbuster" movie.

But given the great movies that were released in 1994, Independence Day isn't even worth mentioning.

:manny:
:patrice:Yeah except id4 wasn't released in 94.

Edit: been addressed.

I remember the teaser trailers had peeps :ohhh: :gladbron:

Then that full trailer dropped showing the aerial battles and all the spaceships and dogfights and everyone I remember was :krs::ooh::ohlawd::salute:

shyt was epic. Next to T2 and JP on the anticipation scale of :blessed:.

Last edited:

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
I remember mah 6th grade science teacher shyttin on dat movie heavy. :laugh:

Buddy was actually breaking down da physics on why certain things couldn't happen or exist. Lol And he was gettin more n more pissed as he was explainin why. Breh just kept saying " It's just so stewpid. :camby::smh: "

We were all just sittin dere like :why: :dwillhuh: :skip:

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
I remember seeing this just out of high school and while it was entertaining, even then I was like :mjlol:

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
When Will knocks the 8 ft telepathic alien in the exosuit out with one punch :beli: they have the nerve to have him say not one but TWO smart ass, Fresh Prince one-liners

:beli:

Data saying they don't have vocal chords, but the aliens scream when getting shot and making the Scooby Doo noise when they unleash the nukes into the mother ship :heh:

The number of battling airplanes shown on the radar and in the action shots going back and forth between 12 and 100

Homeboy flying into the main laser and having the beam bounce off his plane back into the ship :dead:

Them having a clear path on I-95 into DC during a regular evening, let alone a disaster

Alien force fields being able to block missles but not parachutes

The exit from the mother ship really taking less than 30 seconds :rudy:

STILL a GOAT movie :blessed:

Holiday

Ohh G
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I remember when they were promoting this movie, some news stations were showing fake news stories showing footage from the movie and playing like aliens were really on this planet and planning a possible attack. My Pops sold the shyt out of it to me and my bro's (I was 9 or 10). He went outside and kept looking at the sky like :ohhh: and saying shyt like we were gonna drive to some family members house in the south to get away from them. Had me like :dwillhuh: as a youngin thinking it was a wrap :sadcam:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I was always annoyed at the cac:mjpls:, who stayed in the office to file papers:flabbynsick: When the aliens were in stealth mode:lupe:, to Nagasaki Manhattan and the entire Northern hemisphere:damn:

Funniest shyt in the movie. Dude is like "Nancy filed the wrong papers again dammit :beli:" while shyt is blowing up

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
the scene where that stripper chick is excited to welcome the aliens and goes to the helipad with everyone, and the aliens spray that laser and kills them all makes me laugh today :heh:

its a wack movie tho.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How about the president plane outflying the alien fire ball explosion:comeon:

...our plane going up to the alien ship, and they opening their port up with a laser blast of hello:pachaha: