Incredible stat that shows how great Kobe Bryant was in 2005-06 (analytics nerds get in here)

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Lebron that same season won 50 games with Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Drew Gooden as his 2nd and 3rd options. :mjlol:

Lamar Odom is better than any teammate Lebron had in Cleveland.

No he’s not. If Kobe had Big Z and Gooden as 2nd/3rd options that Laker team makes it to the second round.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Clearly was joking about the coked up part, but he wasn’t that good is the point.

Also, to bring up LeBron’s playmaking ability is to severely discredit Kobe’s own playmaking ability which was elite in his own right. The only difference between the two is that LeBron’s focus is playmaking while Kobe’s is individual scoring.

In the case of the Lakers styles make fights, or in this case styles make teams. LeBron’s abilities would’ve been redundant around guys like Odom and to a lesser extent Luke who were more all around players. The team had no scoring ability whatsoever so Kobe stylistically was a better fit for the 06 Lakers over LeBron. Put it this way, Suns easily could’ve thrown Diaw or Matrix on LeBron and neutralize him, Spurs had defenders, Mavs, even the Kings would’ve put prime Artest on him. LeBron hadn’t even reached his Miami playing level yet. No team could shut down 06 Kobe at that time, no one.

Now if you were to argue in the case of the Lakers and Cavs switching conferences then I’d agree with you. I think the Cavs fit LeBron’s style much better than the 06 Lakers and he would’ve made the playoffs in the West then just as Kobe would’ve made the playoffs with the 06 Lakers in the East.
Kobe is a good passer but LeBron is clearly on a different level than Kobe as a playmaker though. I actually would want to see what a team with all-around, unselfish point forwards like LeBron, Odom, Walton would do. Stylistically, it would be a different team like you said but that doesn’t necessarily mean worse team. You gotta remember Phil Jackson is coaching we have no idea what he could come up with or how he would manage a player of LeBron’s caliber.

I also don’t think that Cavs team was the best fit for LeBron because they really didn’t have shooters outside of Donyell Marshall. Your point about fitting LeBron’s styles makes no sense. We know LeBron strives with spacing. Look at those 3PT%’s in the playoffs the Cavs put up as a team and in the season they were a below average shooting team (24th in 3PT%).

The funny thing is the Lakers actually took and made more threes than the Cavs it was a bigger staple of their offense. Odom, Smush, Vujacic, Walton, Brian Cook, Devean George was taking threes.

Also LeBron isn’t going to be stopped. The Suns may have had Marion but tell me who they had protecting the rim they were a below average league defense you think they’re really stopping LeBron? You think LeBron didn’t kill elite defenders and elite team defenses in this time, the man averaged over 30 points per game himself.

Like I said he took the Pistons to 7 games. A 64 win Pistons team arguably the best defensive team of the era that season, a team coming off back to back Finals.

Y’all looking at Kobe’s volume scoring but ignoring the impact LeBron has on the court, just the all-around, consistent force he is and his ability to game manage as well as his own scoring volume.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
You can't be this stupid? Can you? Ever heard of "smaller sample sizes" and "less familiarity". When teams play each other across conferences its never quite the same as when they play teams from their own conferences.

In 2007 (for example), the Cavs beat the Spurs both times in the regular season. Then the finals roll around and the Spurs sweep them 4-0.

The only reason the Cavs had regular season success against Western Conference teams is cause nobody in that conference was really checking or scouting for them in the regular season. They were focused more on the teams they played more often. Place that Cavs team in the West and they don't make the playoffs. They get bodied like the Spurs bodied them in finals after losing both games in the regular season.
30 games out of 82 is a significant sample size you dikk head. Over a quarter of the season is played against the other conference.

You really think teams are scouting EVERYONE before they play them. You think LeBron’s game wasn’t known leaguewide already. :mjlol:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The eastern conference that year was worth about 20 easy wins.

Place that team in the West and they don't win 30 games.
I posted the standings the conferences were evenly matched

The East won the title (Miami), the East had the best regular season team (Detroit), the East won the All-Star game, and seeds 1-8 were evenly matched that season

So how the fukk was the East worth 20 wins goofy

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Lebron that same season won 50 games with Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Drew Gooden as his 2nd and 3rd options. :mjlol:

Lamar Odom is better than any teammate Lebron had in Cleveland.
Lakers had Odom and more shooters+Phil Jackson coaching

Nikka LeBron is doing his thing on that roster we all know he don’t need much :russ:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Kobe is a good passer but LeBron is clearly on a different level than Kobe as a playmaker though. I actually would want to see what a team with all-around, unselfish point forwards like LeBron, Odom, Walton would do. Stylistically, it would be a different team like you said but that doesn’t necessarily mean worse team. You gotta remember Phil Jackson is coaching we have no idea what he could come up with or how he would manage a player of LeBron’s caliber.

I also don’t think that Cavs team was the best fit for LeBron because they really didn’t have shooters outside of Donyell Marshall. Your point about fitting LeBron’s styles makes no sense. We know LeBron strives with spacing. Look at those 3PT%’s in the playoffs the Cavs put up as a team and in the season they were a below average shooting team (24th in 3PT%).

The funny thing is the Lakers actually took and made more threes than the Cavs it was a bigger staple of their offense. Odom, Smush, Vujacic, Walton, Brian Cook, Devean George was taking threes.

Also LeBron isn’t going to be stopped. The Suns may have had Marion but tell me who they had protecting the rim they were a below average league defense you think they’re really stopping LeBron? You think LeBron didn’t kill elite defenders and elite team defenses in this time, the man averaged over 30 points per game himself.

Like I said he took the Pistons to 7 games. A 64 win Pistons team arguably the best defensive team of the era that season, a team coming off back to back Finals.

Y’all looking at Kobe’s volume scoring but ignoring the impact LeBron has on the court, just the all-around, consistent force he is and his ability to game manage as well as his own scoring volume.

Kobe’s not a good passer, he was an elite passer and the playmaker of a three time championship team. Again, you’re discounting Kobe’s playmaking ability just because playmaking is more a focal point of LeBron’s game. We’ve seen what Kobe could do when he focused on making plays.

But you know what a LeBron/Odom/Walton team would’ve looked like? Awful. For all the shots they took they weren’t exactly lighting it up. And again, their success had more to do with teams double and triple teaming Kobe. LeBron wouldn’t garner that same amount of defensive attention constantly.

And you’re telling me LeBron isn’t going to be stopped when we’ve seen him get stopped twice in Miami with superior talent over those Cavs teams. What makes you think a younger LeBron would have different results on that Laker team? For as spectacular as 06 Kobe was he still couldn’t get them over the hump.

That 07 Pistons team was a shell of itself imo by the time LeBron got to them and had a game for the ages. As you said they’d gone to a few finals and they burned themselves out in the regular season with 60+ wins.

I’m sorry we can just agree to disagree, LeBron imo isn’t getting that Laker team to the playoffs. Fringe playoff team.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Not only was the Eastern Conference evenly matched with the West in the ‘06 season

But the Cavaliers ranked 19th in SOS (strength of schedule) while the Lakers ranked 15th in SOS

The Cavs had a tougher schedule and still managed to win 50 games led by LeBron

Analytics nerds get in here y’all :troll:

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Kobe’s not a good passer, he was an elite passer and the playmaker of a three time championship team. Again, you’re discounting Kobe’s playmaking ability just because playmaking is more a focal point of LeBron’s game. We’ve seen what Kobe could do when he focused on making plays.

But you know what a LeBron/Odom/Walton team would’ve looked like? Awful. For all the shots they took they weren’t exactly lighting it up. And again, their success had more to do with teams double and triple teaming Kobe. LeBron wouldn’t garner that same amount of defensive attention constantly.

And you’re telling me LeBron isn’t going to be stopped when we’ve seen him get stopped twice in Miami with superior talent over those Cavs teams. What makes you think a younger LeBron would have different results on that Laker team? For as spectacular as 06 Kobe was he still couldn’t get them over the hump.

That 07 Pistons team was a shell of itself imo by the time LeBron got to them and had a game for the ages. As you said they’d gone to a few finals and they burned themselves out in the regular season with 60+ wins.

I’m sorry we can just agree to disagree, LeBron imo isn’t getting that Laker team to the playoffs. Fringe playoff team.
Kobe is a very good passer nikka not elite he’s no LeBron, he’s no Magic, he’s no Bird, he’s not even a Ginobili. He’s not LeBron at playmaking. LeBron doesn’t have to focus on solely playmaking he is a game manager and a dual threat at all times. This is not an arguable point. :comeon:

Awful? Why? :mjpls:

Three unselfish, high I.Q. point forwards playing at an uptempo pace wouldn’t work? Phil Jackson wouldn’t be able to finesse? Nikka you know damn well Odom and LeBron specifically would be dope. :russ:

For the shots they took they weren’t lighting it up? My guy you were wrong about the team fit shyt. The Cavs were an awful three point shooting team. Y’all were 8th in three point makes and 5th in attempts y’all was letting them shyts go and spacing the floor. LeBron is doubled and zoned as much as anyone. Even if you don’t believe he would receive the same defensive attention, the attention Bron would draw would still be significant.

Slow down I ain’t say nothing about LeBron getting them over the hump. I’m telling you LeBron he could lead the team as well and maybe slightly better.

I’m not talking about the ‘07 Pistons my guy. I’m talking about the 64 win Pistons from ‘06 that D-Wade went god mode to beat.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
30 games out of 82 is a significant sample size you dikk head. Over a quarter of the season is played against the other conference.

You really think teams are scouting EVERYONE before they play them. You think LeBron’s game wasn’t known leaguewide already. :mjlol:

Huge difference between playing the top 8 teams in the West 32 times versus 16. That's a 100% difference in the numbers of games played by the Cavs versus the top 8 out west versus a team like the Lakers.

Bottom feeders are the same in both conferences. The difference is the top teams in the West were way better than the top teams in the East. And those extra games matter. Also the more times you play a team the more time they will put into scouting you.

Once again the 2007 Spurs lost both times to the Cavs in the regular season but then swept them in the Finals. That's the difference knowing you're playing someone 4 times versus 2 times can make. Especially when talking about elite teams like San Antonio.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I posted the standings the conferences were evenly matched

The East won the title (Miami), the East had the best regular season team (Detroit), the East won the All-Star game, and seeds 1-8 were evenly matched that season

So how the fukk was the East worth 20 wins goofy

There's a reason your boy went from the NBA Finals every year out East to not even making the playoffs out West.

Only an idiot would act like the East and West have been on even ground the last 20 years.

Last time the East was any good was in 1998 before Jordan retired.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Huge difference between playing the top 8 teams in the West 32 times versus 16. That's a 100% difference in the numbers of games played by the Cavs versus the top 8 out west versus a team like the Lakers.

Bottom feeders are the same in both conferences. The difference is the top teams in the West were way better than the top teams in the East. And those extra games matter. Also the more times you play a team the more time they will put into scouting you.

Once again the 2007 Spurs lost both times to the Cavs in the regular season but then swept them in the Finals. That's the difference knowing you're playing someone 4 times versus 2 times can make. Especially when talking about elite teams like San Antonio.
I already showed you the 2006 East and West were as equal its been in a long time the East could be argue to have the edge by winning the title and wining the All-Star game

It’s nonsense to assume LeBron (an All-Time player) would somehow be a worse player if he switched conferences

I’m not gonna repeat that again so go somewhere with your tired conference narrative