In Your House: Hell in a Cell (4 match PPV special)

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
All these gimmicky bullshyt matches to try and hide the fact that Bray is actually trash:hhh: Overbooked mess of a match, I lowkey hate HIAC as a match type in general.
I think that’s the issue and has always been is that bray sucks and always has

He can never live up to his gimmicks

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
The problem with this tho is they’ve done nothing to give you faith they’ll tell a good story. Not a thing. And the fans reactions play into that. This wasn’t just one event; this is a laundry list of events. Last night was just the latest one

Unfortunately you are correct :francis:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think that’s the issue and has always been is that bray sucks and always has

He can never live up to his gimmicks

It's booking that makes a gimmick work, not the other way around. One of the worst mistakes they made was having him lose to Cena when that would have solified him as a threat.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Unfortunately you are correct :francis:

this is all I’m saying :hubie:

the fans in that building know it. You know it. I know it. The best story they’ve told in the past year was kofi. And they lucked into it and then fukked it up just a few days ago. At least as it stands right now. But if that’s how you’re telling the story of someone’s first reign as champ after an 11 year journey, why the hell would I have faith you know how to fix this mess in your lap right now? And last night was a simple story to tell. They chose the worst option of every possible option they had while also insulting the intelligence of the audience.

I can deal with a lot of shyt from people but I can’t deal with someone insulting my intelligence. They do that way too often

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As seen during the main event of WWE Hell in a Cell, the match was ended in a “DQ” finish. According to reports, this was not the story WWE was trying to convey. The working plan was to make fans believe the match ended by referee stoppage and not a disqualification. Obviously, the finish caused a lot of fans to become extremely PISSED OFF.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
this is all I’m saying :hubie:

the fans in that building know it. You know it. I know it. The best story they’ve told in the past year was kofi. And they lucked into it and then fukked it up just a few days ago. At least as it stands right now. But if that’s how you’re telling the story of someone’s first reign as champ after an 11 year journey, why the hell would I have faith you know how to fix this mess in your lap right now? And last night was a simple story to tell. They chose the worst option of every possible option they had while also insulting the intelligence of the audience.

I can deal with a lot of shyt from people but I can’t deal with someone insulting my intelligence. They do that way too often
They stay doing this with Wyatt too. Remember tlc in 2014 when Dean was gonna hit him with the monitor but didn’t unplug it so the thing exploded in his face :snoop:? I can’t remember who disagreed with me earlier, but this is why it’s so easy to assume Vince hates the audience. Time and time again with hot angles or characters, he does shyt like this. It’s one thing to make the audience wait for what they want. It’s another entirely to waste characters, book angles that go nowhere, or book matches that make nobody look good and both wrestlers look worse with matches that are overbooked train wrecks and finishes that are so obviously idiotic that nobody would think to use if the goal is make both wrestlers look good :martin:

I would assume that another promotion getting a national deal and one of Vince’s most loyal employees leaving to go there because he keeps giving old part time guys shine while neglecting the full time guys who are over would light a fire under him. Instead in the last month he’s put the king of the ring on a guy who gets go away heat and then this week falsely advertised three big names for smackdown, brought back rusev after months off tv presumably as a heel only to then try getting him sympathy cheers while Bobby lashley makes out with Lana in seemingly yet another angle written with the goal of getting Lana to leave him in real life, they squashed kofi to put the belt on Brock again in a 9 second match and then immediately turn away from kofi to focus on Brock facing a non wrestler in a likely one off match, ran a pay per view with only 4 advertised matches, jobbed out Sasha again, put the belt on Charlotte for the 10th time in just 4 years, and then just gave this dumpster fire in the main event :hhh:. Imagine the business disaster Vince would be if he wasn’t Vincent J McMahon’s son :huhldup:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
The fact that this was even a title match makes no sense. Did Bray even mention the title or wanting it once during the build? :heh:

The whole match just felt shoehorned into the event.

Vince saw Bray catching fire. He immediately jumps on it and force a title match just to suck the wind out of him.

A no contest in a hell in a cell match just seems like Vince got cold feet after he wrote himself into a corner that he didn't even need too. The match didn't need to be a hell in a cell match.. If you're gonna do a
HIAC match... It's gonna have to be brutal like Taker vs. Brock not this stupid shyt they constantly pull with Bray. Bray stuck in the wrong era where his brawler attributes are neutered and his storytelling is manufactured.

This is exactly why Hell In A Cell PPV needs to be scraped.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Because that’s the story they were telling up to that point. If you want to tell a true horror story then you need to do set ups. They didn’t. You need to do more than have Seth cower and cry and scream whenever he and bray share the same space. They didn’t. You need to make it clear what your storytelling intentions are at every bit of the story to get the fans to go on the ride with you rather than starting one way and then ending on a completely different note.
Right also in a horror movie the person being chased by the monster doesnt get disqualified or sent to jail for going "too far" to stop or kill the monster. Thats a sympathetic move, They could of had the ref try to stop him, then Seth could have went for it anyway but had bray pop up and go for the mandible claw, then Seth sees he had no choice, he could have hit him with the sldgehammer, then you could have the ref call it off, or you could have seth hit him then once bray stumbled, continue to hit him and then have the ref call it off.. they could have showed seth walking off then had a close up of bray crack a smile or laughing or something. then the lights go out, and he disappears. only to find seth walking to the car with becky and attack them both.. :mjlit: ok maybe the last part is too much:pachaha: but you get my point

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The whole match just felt shoehorned into the event.

Vince saw Bray catching fire. He immediately jumps on it and force a title match just to suck the wind out of him.

A no contest in a hell in a cell match just seems like Vince got cold feet after he wrote himself into a corner that he didn't even need too. The match didn't need to be a hell in a cell match.. If you're gonna do a
HIAC match... It's gonna have to be brutal like Taker vs. Brock not this stupid shyt they constantly pull with Bray. Bray stuck in the wrong era where his brawler attributes are neutered and his storytelling is manufactured.

This is exactly why Hell In A Cell PPV needs to be scraped.
This match, along with punk vs ryback were clear examples of why this pay per view doesn’t work. It was discussed earlier before the show, but I think the only good hell in a cell match they’ve had at this event in the last 11 years was the new day vs the usos, and that is because the feud had gone on for months and gotten heated enough that it made sense to end in there.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The fact that this was even a title match makes no sense. Did Bray even mention the title or wanting it once during the build? :heh:

The entire feud is just one big clusterfukk. They should had went the Mankind/HBK route with the feud with Seth being the one caught up in the Fiend's smoke, while Finn could had made a epic return to actually gave the main event some legs. Yet, Finn is on NXT because fukk and this feud just basically why:mindblown:?!?

It's getting to the point where the only winners are the folks pirating WWE and the losers are those who bytch but keep paying 9.99, using burner email accounts, and getting tickets to see this non damn given company. It's obvious they don't give a fukk so why should YOU?

We are in a era where you can easily find an alternative for the WWE but folks won't. Instead, they watch one episode of Impact and be like ":leon:", only to watch WWE the next week. Bottom line, until the ratings shyt the bed to the point of bibical proportions, WWE will keep dropping trash and folks will bytch on Twitter until Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Rinse, wash, and repeat :aicmon:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
This match, along with punk vs ryback were clear examples of why this pay per view doesn’t work. It was discussed earlier before the show, but I think the only good hell in a cell match they’ve had at this event in the last 11 years was the new day vs the usos, and that is because the feud had gone on for months and gotten heated enough that it made sense to end in there.

Exactly:ahh:. Hell in a Cell was supposed to be like WWE's answer to Wargames, as it was a battleground for feuds to finally die. HBK and Taker had all types of fights and fukkery until the bomb was dropped that they would be fighting in a HIAC. I remember going :lupe: at the look of the cage. A CELL WITH A CEILING :damn:! Like RIP HBK which clearly happened until Kane came through:banderas:. It just seems like that magic is gone because of the fast paced booking that makes no damn sense. Even though Becky/Banks was :noah:, it just felt like a normal hardcore match with a cell over the ring. No rhyme or reason at all. Imagine if wargames in 97 just had the NWO and the Horsemen wrestling because stuff instead of the NWO pretty much murdering the Horsemen's legacy. That's how HIAC is nowadays. It's just a wrestling match with a red ugly looking cage over it. Nothing more, nothing less...

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL