In what ways do you expect rights of minorities to be infringed upon under this new administration?

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
in what state does it cost 500 dollars to get a photo id???? and did you just insinuate there is zero voter fraud???

tell me what working person is too broke to afford a PHOTO IDENTIFICATION CARD. come on bruh, stop feeling sorry for these people. it's not a race thing. if you're white, black, brown, yellow, purple... you need to have photo ID, especially if you plan on voting.

you're not wrong, and i agree.

but when you say the laws MUST be fair... i would counter that and argue that complex issues require complex solutions. was affirmative action "fair"? i guess it depends on who you're asking. it was legislation meant to combat racism but how do you govern that? how many non-racist white people do you think were denied a job/scholarship purely because of their race? was the law protecting THEM? now i know... cac problems. no one cares. well be that as it may. facts are facts.

i think what separated trump and hillary this election was that trump, while headstrong, offered to give attention to these problems while hillary would have continued to sweep them under the rug and let them fester. the left always wants to "strive" to solve these problems but never actually offer up a solution.

hypothetically speaking if this country is able to curb it's illegal immigration problem effectively and keep it that way moving forward, then this could just be a temporary situation. and again i'll point out that trump and his strict policies garnered 1/3 of the hispanic vote. so obviously there are some of them that are willing to get their hands dirty.

You're conflating a separate issue with Affirmative Action. First of all, Affirmative Action is (now was) a result of the Federal Government being the beneficiary of slave labour first and foremost. That's a totally different scenario than saying we're going to suspend the 4th Amendment for certain ethnic groups. None of the White populations constitutional rights were infringed upon with Affirmative Action. One way for the country to effectively curb its illegal immigration policy is to remove the citizenship from people who harbor illegals. Then nobody would harbor them and it would be even harder to stay in America. Is that the type of America you want? If yes then why don't we just do away with the Bill of Rights all together if we're just going to shyt on it every time there's a problem in America? You can't temporarily suspend the 4th Amendment and expect everything to be okay that's simply wrong.

You keep saying also that 1/3rd of the Hispanic vote went to Trump. That's not true. 1/3rd of Latino vote went to Trump. Latino's include white people from Latin America. White Puerto Ricans, White Cubans, White Mexicans and so forth. It is not surprising that White people from Latin America support Trump, and invariably that is about the percentage of the Latino population they make up either way.

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock
To answer the question i expect them to be trampled on as much as the previous administration...Only this time the left will actually speak up instead of looking the other way
Like when black kids are drinking lead while the Barry was sending millions to rebels...If Trump does that Huffpost and Slate will be all over it :skip:

PS..And that national stop and frisk aint gonna happen...theres no legal mechanism for an AG to dictate policy to local police.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
of course this is going to affect (not effect) minorities...these laws were PROVEN TO TARGET MINORITIES. That's why the Supreme Court deemed it as unconstitutional. And yes, I'm black, and yes it would affect me. If some a$$hole pig pulls me over because I'm black, and I didn't break a crime, that's a clear infringement on my civil rights.
what if there was someone who just commited a crime in the area and fit your description? honest question.

know u guys will think it's duck tales but it happened to me once. I was 20. officers were mean as fukk too until I was able to show them I wasn't the kid they were looking for. someone was stealing shyt out of cars in the train station parking lot near my grandmothers house.

Looking back on it though the cops were just doing their job.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
You're conflating a separate issue with Affirmative Action. First of all, Affirmative Action is (now was) a result of the Federal Government being the beneficiary of slave labour first and foremost. That's a totally different scenario than saying we're going to suspend the 4th Amendment for certain ethnic groups. None of the White populations constitutional rights were infringed upon with Affirmative Action. One way for the country to effectively curb its illegal immigration policy is to remove the citizenship from people who harbor illegals. Then nobody would harbor them and it would be even harder to stay in America. Is that the type of America you want? If yes then why don't we just do away with the Bill of Rights all together if we're just going to shyt on it every time there's a problem in America? You can't temporarily suspend the 4th Amendment and expect everything to be okay that's simply wrong.

You keep saying also that 1/3rd of the Hispanic vote went to Trump. That's not true. 1/3rd of Latino vote went to Trump. Latino's include white people from Latin America. White Puerto Ricans, White Cubans, White Mexicans and so forth. It is not surprising that White people from Latin America support Trump, and invariably that is about the percentage of the Latino population they make up either way.
All fair points and holding the people who harbor them responsible would be a good idea. You are the only person in this thread who has brought forth substantive evidence and facts to this discussion. Everyone else is just fuming on emotions.

I will say that I do not support that law, but at the same time Trump was the only candidate taking the matter of illegal immigration seriously. Hopefully a middle ground can be found.

Nothing has happened yet.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I've got a question for you. If the government had a mandate that all cars in the United States must have a car breathalyzer, would that not cut down drunk driving deaths significantly? Makes sense, right? We would save thousands of lives every year if cars could only be operated by sober people. The only problem is that you're condemning the people who did nothing wrong. Everyone would be in fukking arms if that ever happened.
That is a very interesting debate.:ehh:

I will say though that it would be a small, SMALL price to pay if we could guarantee that no one would ever die again at the hands of drunk driving. We're talking about a very minor inconvenience.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
All fair points and holding the people who harbor them responsible would be a good idea. You are the only person in this thread who has brought forth substantive evidence and facts to this discussion. Everyone else is just fuming on emotions.

I will say that I do not support that law, but at the same time Trump was the only candidate taking the matter of illegal immigration seriously. Hopefully a middle ground can be found.

Nothing has happened yet.
Alright breh and to be fair to your side, he hasn't even been inaugurated. Let's see what he does and criticize/praise what he does on a case by case basis breh :manny:

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is a very interesting debate.:ehh:

I will say though that it would be a small, SMALL price to pay if we could guarantee that no one would ever die again at the hands of drunk driving. We're talking about a very minor inconvenience.

got it...so you want the government to police every aspect of our lives? cool
  • put metal detectors in EVERY building in the United States, including schools, churches, libraries, malls, public transportation, stores, etc.
  • car breathalyzers in all vehicles
  • put rape buttons in all university dorm rooms
  • put cameras in all public areas, including bathrooms
  • police officers in every classroom in America

why stop at stop and frisk? we need to regulate all aspects of life so that no one gets hurt again

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
:francis:Same horseshyt from a hundred years ago in Europe.

:whoa:"If your papers are in order, you won't be targeted for being a minority."
:whoa:"These are just temporary measures until the crisis is over."
:whoa:"Complex issues require unique solutions that are perhaps heavy handed."

:francis::francis::francis:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
BHO has been a continuation of much of the same policies enacted unded Dubya, and then added his own things. So if you talk about loss of rights, maybe you start back in 2000 or 2008.

I swear these partisan heads are just :snoop:. They will literally be completely naive of policies or refuse to acknowledge policies enacted by their party or party leader that trash their rights, but raise hell about the other party when they do it.

The last 16 years, I've watched fanatics in both parties repeat this hypocritical dance....pure :scust:...

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
There are bad people out there, some of them vote Trump. That wasn't going to change if he didn't get elected. It's not like Trump is advocating for violence against minorities and preaching white power. The fact that so many people equate it with such might be the reason we are in this mess. He's not Hitler, he's not David Duke and we are not returning to Nazi Germany.

For every instance you can provide of a trump supporter inflicting violence and hatred towards somebody else, I bet I can provide an instance of someone doing the same thing on the other side. You may not want to admit it but there are sick, intolerant people on both sides here.
Dude you are a lost cause. There are intolerant people everywhere but dig this .... find a group comparable to the Klan. Presently and historically. Find a group in this country that has perpetrated violence against black people the way riled up white people have. You won't. That's where we have to be steadfast. The record speaks for itself.

Did you really just say Trump didn't advocate violence? Nvm abort thread we have a troll.

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same shyt as before, only now the President will be held accountable.

We went from 'Obama is just a figure head, Prez has no power' to 'OMG Trump will start ww3' fast as shyt

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
Same shyt as before, only now the President will be held accountable.

We went from 'Obama is just a figure head, Prez has no power' to 'OMG Trump will start ww3' fast as shyt

In this racist country, you're a figurehead in terms of power when it comes to changing the situation of historically oppressed peoples, but a dictator in power when it comes to perpetuating that oppression.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Dude you are a lost cause. There are intolerant people everywhere but dig this .... find a group comparable to the Klan. Presently and historically. Find a group in this country that has perpetrated violence against black people the way riled up white people have. You won't. That's where we have to be steadfast. The record speaks for itself.

Did you really just say Trump didn't advocate violence? Nvm abort thread we have a troll.

I didn't say there are people on the left as bad the clan. I said there are people on both sides causing violence. Would you refute that?