In the past, Foundational Black Americans were the Most Classy, Admirable, Reputable and Married People in this Country. What Happened to US??

vino

Superstar
Daps
In 1950, 83% of Black mothers were married with the husband present.

Those women had to be married out of necessity due to the wat society was set up. Often in an abusive relationship too. There’s also stories of these men having double lives during that tome and raising a second family. Also, stories of these same women having children outside of marriage. This idea of a wholesome past is false. Black people of today are not worse than Black people of the past. If things were so tight knit those listed devices wpuld not have broke the structure. There were pimps, drugs, violence, killings all in the 50’s. There broken homes in the 50’s as well.

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
Those women had to be married out of necessity due to the wat society was set up. Often in an abusive relationship too. There’s also stories of these men having double lives during that tome and raising a second family. Also, stories of these same women having children outside of marriage. This idea of a wholesome past is false. Black people of today are not worse than Black people of the past. If things were so tight knit those listed devices wpuld not have broke the structure. There were pimps, drugs, violence, killings all in the 50’s. There broken homes in the 50’s as well.
I just gave you a statistic brotha. You said we had no percentage breakdown.

vino

Superstar
Daps
And with all that said trauma, black people of yesteryear still accomplished and achieved more collectively under direct duress and domestic terrorism than we have post 1980.

Not really, there’s are a lot of Black people thriving today. It’s relatively the same. Question, what does your family, career and community look like? Are you raising a family? Do you have a thriving career and what does
your community look like?

DON MA MA

Midnight
Daps
Reppin
TEXAS

Wow someone actually thinking on this board. I say all the time these guys have never spoke to their grandparents or great grandparents. They just come up with fantasy shyt about the black community back then.
Most heroin users from the 1960s had a job, owned a home and was married with children. Wtf does that say...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not really, there’s are a lot of Black people thriving today. It’s relatively the same. Question, what does your family, career and community look like? Are you raising a family? Do you have a thriving career and what does
your community look like?

The key word in my post was collectively. As in, the black demographic as a whole.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Dude posted wholesome family pics and then posted modern rap videos..get this...for comparison!

I see wholesome family pics all over social media. Now ask yourself why OP would ignore stuff like that and pretend it doesn't exist in current times?

vino

Superstar
Daps
No, they married out of tradition. You just spewing over the top feminist talking points in the rest of the post
I didn’t intend that to mean all women. But, decent chunk of that percentage. Not all women them wanted to be married. That is just fact. This isn’t a new phenomenon that women choose to not be married.

vino

Superstar
Daps
A fact according to who? What are you basing this off of?

So, you haven’t scene old or spoke with elders who talked about not wanting to be married or talking about parents always pushing towards marriage. Man, you guys live in lala land. Not all Black women wanted or want to be married and this not a new concept. I come from a big family, an old family too and i have conversations about life then. You guys watching fantasy or something.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
They still exist

But hiphop (more so the people making the most money off hiphop), drugs being poured into our community, private prisons being new slave tactics, etc.

People will pretend like they don’t know but they do.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, you haven’t scene old or spoke with elders who talked about not wanting to be married or talking about parents always pushing towards marriage. Man, you guys live in lala land. Not all Black women wanted or want to be married and this not a new concept. I come from a big family, an old family too and i have conversations about life then. You guys watching fantasy or something.

Actually, I’m in my 40s and all 4 of grandparents were in my life until 2015. All born no later than 1923 and as early as 1912. So yeah, I got a first hand education on what it was like during that era. The good, bad, and ugly. Y’all saying since it wasn’t 100 percent on some Cosby shyt, then our stance is disingenuous. Y’all having this convo in bad faith.

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
Actually, I’m in my 40s and all 4 of grandparents were in my life until 2015. All born no later than 1923 and as early as 1912. So yeah, I got a first hand education on what it was like during that era. The good, bad, and ugly. Y’all saying since it wasn’t 100 percent on some Cosby shyt, then our stance is disingenuous. Y’all having this convo in bad faith.
Just let it go man. They saying we never talked to our OGs about the past now. Some cats think life as a Black American was nothing but a nightmare until integration.