In terms of Phone Hardware Design... When Did Apple Fall Off?

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
The Essential phone is ugly too to me. Keep cameras and sensors that are visible out of the area of usable screen. Thing is the Note8 has an 83.2 screen to body ratio the iPhone X has an 82.9 the Essential Phone has 84.85. An argument can be made that you're getting more screen on the Essential phone but Apple's solution gets you less screen to body and even further less when you consider apps will have to not use that cutout portion taking a chunk from the user interface.

When something is full screen on the Note it's uninterrupted full screen and can even remove the status bar. The web browser on the X pushes websites in at full screen to avoid that notch.

The notch should have just been full bezel those ears add nothing of value.

Yeah I guess they could have made the phone a bit bigger to incorporate the whole thing

I don't think I'll get the phone. I'll finish paying off my 7+ and maybe thing of an 8 next year.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Shoulda went the v30 route. Uniform and would've been able to keep Touch ID on the minuscule bottom bezel.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That camera hump ruins the aesthetic of the phone. It's just ugly and they need to lose it. Do what Samsung does and have the small bezel at the top and put all the cameras in there but that hump is just bad.
Yeah, that's another thing... the phone's cameras aren't flat on the back of it. There is a bump, :smh:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How can OP say the Essential looks better than the iPhone X and laugh at the black bar, when the Essential has that black snot drop down the middle?

The iPhone looks like. The biggest issue is that it costs Β£999 for 64GB :stopitslime:

I'll get the 256GB for Β£1149:sadcam:
The Essential Phone's cutout isn't nearly as big as the X, and from the footage I've seen of it, the top blackens out when that space isn't being used.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Shoulda went the v30 route. Uniform and would've been able to keep Touch ID on the minuscule bottom bezel.
That phone is sexy af... I'm just hoping the Pixel XL 2 delivers. I was all in for the Essential Phone, but after the news of the camera being trash dropped I had to pass.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
S8 looks the best but Touchwiz :scust:

If I was to leave apple it would only be for a stock Android at this point

I'll probably just get the 8 and keep it pushing. The X is kinda half baked, next version or 2 they will make some solid adjustments

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
S8 looks the best but Touchwiz :scust:

If I was to leave apple it would only be for a stock Android at this point

I'll probably just get the 8 and keep it pushing. The X is kinda half baked, next version or 2 they will make some solid adjustments
I think they all look better than the X design.

I like the finger print reader on the middle of the back of my phone. So I think the LG joint and the new Pixel look the best to me.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
:patrice:

They used to shyt on the competition with their hardware designs for their phones. This iPhone X look ugly af brehs. Camera bump on the back too

:hhh:

Essential Phone looks better but they dropped the ball with the camera. We all know Sammy makes dope shyt, but damn, Apple... just don't seem like they got the juice anymore when it comes to the look of their phones

Am I lying?
:hhh:

This thread is caca