In terms of Phone Hardware Design... When Did Apple Fall Off?

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
How do people not get tired of it.

People don't view phones as phones anymore.

They view them as toys. Plain and simple.

TOYS.

Every year people get a new Toy.

And the differences are so marginal now.

"My all glass screen is better than your all screen" :mjlol:

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
That camera hump ruins the aesthetic of the phone. It's just ugly and they need to lose it. Do what Samsung does and have the small bezel at the top and put all the cameras in there but that hump is just bad.

Lol Apple fukked up.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Essential Phone:
dsc_00161.jpg

Galaxy S8:
samsung-galaxy-s8-010.jpg

LG v30
141930-phones-news-this-is-the-lg-v30-image1-ya6nxmooat.jpg

Pixel XL 2:
Google-Pixel-XL-2-leak-840x794.jpg

iPhone X:
apple_iphone_2017_20170912_11670.JPG

iPhone_X_gestures_571x321.jpg.large.jpg

:hhh:
That looks TERRIBLE :mjlol:

The iStans will NEVER admit it however

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That looks TERRIBLE :mjlol:

The iStans will NEVER admit it however
People like symmetrical design. I look at that and I just wanna fill that part in with screen. I don't even know if I could own that because it would legit bother me looking at that every day. I hope next year they fix that and put the cameras in a part of the phone not surrounded by screen on both sides.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
People like symmetrical design. I look at that and I just wanna fill that part in with screen. I don't even know if I could own that because it would legit bother me looking at that every day. I hope next year they fix that and put the cameras in a part of the phone not surrounded by screen on both sides.
Yeah what makes it strange is that Apple is known for that exact thing. Very strict design standards, I have a VERY VERY tough time Steve Jobs giving his stamp of approval on that with the way it looks.

Hell he flipped out because the headphone jack did not make give a satisfying enough feel on the original iPod.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
At the is point all the phones look the same. We are getting to a point that you really can't come up with new shyt.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
That IPhone X is hideous and the Galaxy phones have looked better than Iphones since the S5 imo.

As of now the Note 8 holds the crown, I finally got a chance to hold one for the first time today and the shyt is sexier than a motherfukkker:takedat:

I waited to see the iPhone JUST IN CASE but I'm going note 8 will upgrade within the month

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I feel like nikkas hate apple every year since Steve died but yet most of y'all still end up wih one
Half y'all don't even need any upgrades because all you do is your phone for texting instagram stalking and clash of clans or some shyt

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
The iPhone x so ugly I'm buying 2 of them :mjlol:

The damn phone looks fine. Idk how a bad phone or good phone look. They all look t similar. I like that the X looks a tad different than other phones. Can't wait for November

Last edited:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
You don't honestly believe this
You think he would have green lit all those iPad iterations...a watch just barely better than Android watches to just some people...the way the iPhone 7 looks? I do believe it... yes

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
How can OP say the Essential looks better than the iPhone X and laugh at the black bar, when the Essential has that black snot drop down the middle?

The iPhone looks like. The biggest issue is that it costs £999 for 64GB :stopitslime:

I'll get the 256GB for £1149:sadcam:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
The notch is a compromise for not being able to put all that stuff behind the screen yet and to give it a unique aesthetic, Imo.

To answer the question, last iPhone I truly geeked over was the iPhone 4. Kinda why I want the X. It reminds me of the 4.

When they switched to aluminum, I hated it. S8 looks the best now but I doubt im switching anytime soon.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How can OP say the Essential looks better than the iPhone X and laugh at the black bar, when the Essential has that black snot drop down the middle?

The iPhone looks like. The biggest issue is that it costs £999 for 64GB :stopitslime:

I'll get the 256GB for £1149:sadcam:
The Essential phone is ugly too to me. Keep cameras and sensors that are visible out of the area of usable screen. Thing is the Note8 has an 83.2 screen to body ratio the iPhone X has an 82.9 the Essential Phone has 84.85. An argument can be made that you're getting more screen on the Essential phone but Apple's solution gets you less screen to body and even further less when you consider apps will have to not use that cutout portion taking a chunk from the user interface.

When something is full screen on the Note it's uninterrupted full screen and can even remove the status bar. The web browser on the X pushes websites in at full screen to avoid that notch.

The notch should have just been full bezel those ears add nothing of value.