In Hindsight . . . MTV picking Rick Ross Over drake as #1 Hottest MC is ridiculous

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
What is so hard to understand? The list is mainstream, but these dudes are not there because they are mainstream. It's because those dudes are actually the artists than the rap heads are fukking with the most within a certain year.

The list sole reason for existence is to rank the artists buzz amongst hiphop people in 1 year. Cats are discussing all types of things, why is there no talent list and whatever the fukk.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
its kind of hard to make a mainstream list these days because there arent many credible rappers getting record deals anymore. the game is messed up. so while harry b is right in a way, hes wrong about people messing with alot of these rappers across the board. how often do you come across a serious rap fan offline tha actually has people like wiz khalifa, nikki minaj & big sean(no offense nigerian, i know youre just puttin on for your city) on their radar?

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
its kind of hard to make a mainstream list these days because there arent many credible rappers getting record deals anymore. the game is messed up. so while harry b is right in a way, hes wrong about people messing with alot of these rappers across the board. how often do you come across a serious rap fan offline tha actually has people like wiz khalifa, nikki minaj & big sean(no offense nigerian, i know youre just puttin on for your city) on their radar?
Man mad broads and hype beasts fukk with Big Sean, Nicki Minaj? Seriously though? You've not got a 12 year old girl amongst your relatives?

And Wiz Khalifa, dude is like Jay-z amongst College cats and has been that for the past 2-3 years. And with Weed heads he's been the rolling stones.
Sean has got his fan base amongst these people as well. Hipsters are other cats the fukk with Khalifa.

And these cats are spread out all across the board, maybe not the cats in the deepest hoods. But pretty much anywhere I go, Wiz Khalifa, Sean and Minaj has fans. Worldwide (Europe) Khalifa and Minaj are probably just as big. I mean clubs all over the nation were blasting Ass and other shyt Big Sean is on..

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)

At the end of the day everybody on that list got people checking for them. In case of Sean you don't hear people banging Meek Mill's "Burn" record with Big Sean? Mercy with Kanye? Countless other tracks he has been on. Who are rap fans offline checking for in your opinion?

Statik

King Of Kings.
Daps
Having Ross over Drake, Wayne. Jay, Kanye is absolutely ridiculous

You mean having wayne, ross and Drake over Jay-Z is disgusting since hes a better artist and rapper. and Drake over Kanye West is sickening as well.

as far as Drake being the hottest out? idk about that.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Pretty sure Ross either bought or held heavy sway (no pun intended) over the voting. I don't respect barely anyone on that panel (outside of Sway) but they certainly focus on mainstream shyt enough to know Drake was the hottest rapper at the time. I'm no Drake fan but come on, dude is the biggest "new" rapper out there. Ross is hot because he holds Drake and Wayne's coat tails

(I can't wait for GFID but let's be reality: his shyt is flopping in the streets right now b)

Double J

Banned
Daps
Who cares which one of these garbage nikkas is number one? Hip Hop is dead.

Being the number one MC nowadays is like being the king of a ghost town.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You mean having wayne, ross and Drake over Jay-Z is disgusting since hes a better artist and rapper. and Drake over Kanye West is sickening as well.

as far as Drake being the hottest out? idk about that.

This list is about hottest not best.

If it was about best there would be no point in having a list because Jay would always be number 1

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Man mad broads and hype beasts fukk with Big Sean, Nicki Minaj? Seriously though? You've not got a 12 year old girl amongst your relatives?

And Wiz Khalifa, dude is like Jay-z amongst College cats and has been that for the past 2-3 years. And with Weed heads he's been the rolling stones.
Sean has got his fan base amongst these people as well. Hipsters are other cats the fukk with Khalifa.

And these cats are spread out all across the board, maybe not the cats in the deepest hoods. But pretty much anywhere I go, Wiz Khalifa, Sean and Minaj has fans. Worldwide (Europe) Khalifa and Minaj are probably just as big. I mean clubs all over the nation were blasting Ass and other shyt Big Sean is on..

since when do the opinions of 12 year old girls matter?

what is hypebeast? that hipster mess?

hip-hop died when the opinions of outsiders somehow became some sort of a factor.

but at the end of the day, you kinda have a point in the sense that these guys kinda automatically make the list by default sine theres only like 12 rappers getting national shine while actually releasing albums these days. but just because these are the only active rappers that are nationally known, doesnt mean that people mess with them on that level.

this thread made me realize that rap is more regional than ever now.

At the end of the day everybody on that list got people checking for them. In case of Sean you don't hear people banging Meek Mill's "Burn" record with Big Sean? Mercy with Kanye? Countless other tracks he has been on. Who are rap fans offline checking for in your opinion?

those arent big sean's records.

Who cares which one of these garbage nikkas is number one? Hip Hop is dead.

Being the number one MC nowadays is like being the king of a ghost town.

pretty much.

This list is about hottest not best.

If it was about best there would be no point in having a list because Jay would always be number 1

up until recent years, hottest & best were synonymous with each other.

and im sorry but jay aint been the best of nothing for over a decade now.