In Hindsight . . . MTV picking Rick Ross Over drake as #1 Hottest MC is ridiculous

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
The question is: Why are a bunch of backpacker elitist talking about a mainstream list?
The list is not straight mainstream, it's basically who's hottest in hiphop..?
Not talking about Flo Rida and them, not who sells most records, not who had the most chartered singles, but who the streets/internet/kids/clubs are fukking with.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
elzhi would be #1 IMO

:scusthov:

Come on nikka. Talented? Yes. Original? The boy did his best Nas impression on Elmatic. Elzhi been around forever and most of his verses frankly ain't anything too crazy. He's very, very good, as an emcee but come on nikka, as an artist he's lowkey whack.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
fukk what mtv says.......yall actually watch that shyt?

Why do you care what some corporation chooses as the hottest MC?

NEITHER OF THEM nikkaS IS EVEN CLOSE

Usually anything mtv says is bullshyt in my eyes

fukk out of here with this "hottest" mc nonsense brehs

How about a "most talented and skilled and original" mc list
Probably cause it's very subjective, I sense MTV are not trying to say who they think is the dopest right now and then come the awards none of these cats are nominated, when they show videos none of these cats have their videos on there.. :manny:..

So instead they try to represent what the people are fukking with.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Either haven't made anything close to a hot song..Ross kind of did with the Port shyt but that was awhile back. Drake is strictly a female laced artist.

Daps
The list is not straight mainstream, it's basically who's hottest in hiphop..?
Not talking about Flo Rida and them, not who sells most records, not who had the most chartered singles, but who the streets/internet/kids/clubs are fukking with.

:childplease: with that shyt. Stop lying to yourself.

#1: Rick Ross
#2: Drake
#3: Kanye West
#4: Nicki Minaj
#5: Lil Wayne
#6: Jay-z
#7: Meek Mill
#8: Big Sean
#9: Wiz Khalifa
#10: Wale

Yea thats not a mainstream list. Explain to me how THAT list isn't straight mainstream? It's OK I'll wait.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
rick ross has been the hottest rapper in the game for 3 or 4 summers now. and thats not opinion cuz i dont even rock w/ dude all like that. its a fact.

you industry dudes with your little numbers sheets are the reason why rap is in the chitter. the fact that ross' mixtape single did better than all his album singles says it all. i could give a flying f**k how many not-so-hip-hop fans bought drake's blah album and go to his corny little shows.

ross at #1 is a no-brainer and mtv finally got something right. the rest of the list is horrible. they had no choice but to have a legitimate #1.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
:childplease: with that shyt. Stop lying to yourself.

#1: Rick Ross
#2: Drake
#3: Kanye West
#4: Nicki Minaj
#5: Lil Wayne
#6: Jay-z
#7: Meek Mill
#8: Big Sean
#9: Wiz Khalifa
#10: Wale

Yea thats not a mainstream list. Explain to me how THAT list isn't straight mainstream? It's OK I'll wait.
People fukk with mainstream, but those are generally the rappers that people fukk with. But it's not a straight mainstream lis or Ross wouldn't be #1, Meek wouldn't be top 10. I remember when Gucci was top 5 or something like that as well..

I'm not saying that the cats people fukk with aren't mainstream, I'm saying that they are not basing this of who are mainstream and who aren't.

It's like having a top 10 list of ballers in the states and it only being black dudes on it, and a cracker say fukk this list it's only black people. No it's not it's a list of the illest ballers who just happen to be black.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
that list is totally mainstream. they threw ross at #1 to make the list look legitimate.

meek definitely is top 10 on any mainstream list. he had the most genuinely popular string of singles. if this was a real rap list, he wouldve been higher.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
that list is totally mainstream. they threw ross at #1 to make the list look legitimate.

meek definitely is top 10 on any mainstream list. he had the most genuinely popular string of singles. if this was a real rap list, he wouldve been higher.

It's mainstream yes, but I'm saying that those mainstream artists are the ones hiphop all across the board fukks with speaking in general terms..
There are others artists that are poppin even more than a lot of these artists that are nowhere to be seen like Flo-rida and B.o.b., they are completely mainstream and they are not on the list cause hiphop doesn't fukk with them like that..

Who else should've been on the list that people fukk with though? Jeezy and J. Cole are the only ones I hear people missing..
And J. Cole probably did some roc nation whatever marketing to not even be on the top 25 list and Jeezy didn't really have any music out.

Common, Maino, 50, Banks, Jada, Jim Jones, French & 2 Chainz (before the mainstream) and these cats are all nominated..

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
People fukk with mainstream, but those are generally the rappers that people fukk with. But it's not a straight mainstream lis or Ross wouldn't be #1, Meek wouldn't be top 10. I remember when Gucci was top 5 or something like that as well..

I'm not saying that the cats people fukk with aren't mainstream, I'm saying that they are not basing this of who are mainstream and who aren't.

It's like having a top 10 list of ballers in the states and it only being black dudes on it, and a cracker say fukk this list it's only black people. No it's not it's a list of the illest ballers who just happen to be black.

:wtf: