In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
I love the show's writing and Carrie's crazy ass...

but they're really asking for a suspension of disbelief for Carrie to be working with the CIA again after she basically admitted to being obsessively in love with a terrorist, disobeyed orders again and again that nearly blows their missions...and has a medical condition that's directly affects how she does her job.

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
I thought Dana was bout to be killed in that car scene.
:to:

Brody's son is such a lil cry baby, his sister got more balls than him.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
:wow: Great Episode....

I was shocked Brody started spilling them guts but damn that Carrie was going in. I felt his pain when she was talking about how good it feels to be honest and telling the truth cause his ass been lying since he got back to the US and hasn't really had no one to talk to..

"Don't nothing beat the cross, but the double cross"

This show is so dope because even though they flipped him you still don't know where Brody loyalty lies. He obviously feels strongly about his fam or else he would have denoted that bomb and it would game over.

but he also got a lotta love for Abu and we saw that just from the episode he spent trying to bring in the bombmaker.

I just knew Dana and Finn were going to get in a car accident but I wasn't expecting a hit and run...

Damn brehs, I was kind of expecting a let down this season but so far it has been excellent.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:wow: Danes and Lewis both wrapped up Emmy wins with that interrogation scene. And it's crazy if you think about it that they sort of broke Brody the same way Nazir did. Pain (Quinn stabing him Jack Bauer style) followed by love and caring in the form of Carrie. I think there are a lot of different ways this show can go and I don't see any of them being bad.

My nikka Finn is bout that life tho. :steviej: My nikka got his Dom from Fast and the Furious on pimping through the traffic and losing the Secret Service like a boss. :myman: Shorty was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. :manny: Then Finn da gawd laid his pimp hand down and let it be known wasn't gonna be no 911 calls. Straight up told Dana "You know who I am?" :mjpls: Dana went from hysterical to a down ass bytch just like that. This the new Bonnie and Clyde right chea. :youngsabo:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:wow: Danes and Lewis both wrapped up Emmy wins with that interrogation scene. And it's crazy if you think about it that they sort of broke Brody the same way Nazir did. Pain (Quinn stabing him Jack Bauer style) followed by love and caring in the form of Carrie. I think there are a lot of different ways this show can go and I don't see any of them being bad.

My nikka Finn is bout that life tho. :steviej: My nikka got his Dom from Fast and the Furious on pimping through the traffic and losing the Secret Service like a boss. :myman: Shorty was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. :manny: Then Finn da gawd laid his pimp hand down and let it be known wasn't gonna be no 911 calls. Straight up told Dana "You know who I am?" :mjpls: Dana went from hysterical to a down ass bytch just like that. This the new Bonnie and Clyde right chea. :youngsabo:

:russ:
This post coupled with the avi just got me rollin' over here.

That nikka Finn was like, "I'm the fukkin' Vice President's son"... we ain't doing shyt.

:dead: @ him looking back and seeing another car pull up and saying, "See they'll call 911"...
:laff:

shyt is gonna get good. And Dana lookin' real fragile as far as keeping that from her parents.

DaNatural

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow: Danes and Lewis both wrapped up Emmy wins with that interrogation scene. And it's crazy if you think about it that they sort of broke Brody the same way Nazir did. Pain (Quinn stabing him Jack Bauer style) followed by love and caring in the form of Carrie.

Soon as they opened that scene with him in handcuffs, I was thinking it must be deja vu for ole boy...

Brody's head gotta be jello the way everybody is messing with it...

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ep was :ld:

I have the feeling this show blew it's load in the first season. I'm getting a "Veronica Mars" vibe from it. The writing is good enough to prove me wrong, and I hope it does, but I called the "Brody will be turned into a CIA asset" a long time ago, because it's the most obvious plot development. I don't foresee them killing off Carrie or Brody, and it's virtually impossible to have them co-exist without Brody turning into a "good guy".

Abu Nazir will find out Brody is playing both sides and murk his family. Next season will be Brody trying to get revenge. Bookmark this post.

Fred.
I got a similar vibe. I really hope its not like this, because with clever writing it wont have to be...

A lot of different things could happen, especially if they go ahead and murk his family in the next 2-3 episodes

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:russ:
This post coupled with the avi just got me rollin' over here.

That nikka Finn was like, "I'm the fukkin' Vice President's son"... we ain't doing shyt.

:dead: @ him looking back and seeing another car pull up and saying, "See they'll call 911"...
:laff:

shyt is gonna get good. And Dana lookin' real fragile as far as keeping that from her parents.

I was dying when he said "look she's fine" while ol girl is straight :deadrose: status and not moving. My nikka Finn has a way with words. He's got that presidential swag Dana can't resist. Dana can go ahead and tell her parents, they ain't finna do nothing. Finn got those shooters on speed dial. :shaq:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I liked how Brody flipped in the end.

The whole "it feels good to tell the truth" is the perfect angle here. Brodys life is in shambles, and he has absolutely no genuine satisfaction (aside from Carrie of course!) and its all because he is living a massive web of lies.

Im sure Carrie also opened his eyes and showed him that Nazir was only using him as a pawn. The dudes been through a fukkin lot, and he has NO ONE to confide in or to offer him advice or support.

The one thing I hope this show does is show more of WHAT BRODY HIMSELF FEELS. Of course he cracked last season when Dana called him, and we saw him with Issah and Nazir, but its still unclear (to me at least) what he ACTUALLY believes in and wants from himself