In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
@AkaDemiK

:wtf:

I never said the show jumped the shark. See, this is the type of shyt I'm talking about.

Fred.

you didn't directly say it..but you hinted at it

"If this show jumped the shark it was back in season 1 when Carrie had her nervous break down and was kicked out of the CIA. Which was :ohhh: at the time, but retarded in hindsight because here we are in season 2 with Carrie chasing terrorists with pipes wondering "how is this crazy bytch still working with the CIA?"."

C'mon son. The bytch suffers from a disorder and is on medication. She went though a lot in season 1. There was nothing shocking about her nervous breakdown, it was bound to happen. It wasn't close to being a jump the shark moment. It was a natural progression of her character.

Also, when she does crazy shyt like go back after Nazir with a pipe...IT'S IN HER CHARACTER'S NATURE TO DO CRAZY shyt. This has been true since season 1 and when she ran back up the house during season 2 while terrorists where shooting shyt up. Crazy bytches do crazy shyt.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

C'mon son. The bytch suffers from a disorder and is on medication. She went though a lot in season 1. There was nothing shocking about her nervous breakdown, it was bound to happen. It wasn't close to being a jump the shark moment. It was a natural progression of her character.

Also, when she does crazy shyt like go back after Nazir with a pipe...IT'S IN HER CHARACTER'S NATURE TO DO CRAZY shyt. This has been true since season 1 and when she ran back up the house during season 2 and found that bag with Brody's tape.

True, she has a history (especially this season) of basically saying, "fukk whatever the people in charge tell me" and she does her own thing.

And I wasn't really trippin' over most of this until the past 2 episodes. But after the past few Carrie moments, I'm at the point now where I'm just not buying the CIA letting her continue on with her bullshyt.

The running back in and getting the bag was a :wtf: moment, but that was believable and it was showing that she really isn't mentally stable early on in the Season. They still needed Carrie to get to Brody... I got that.

But after the run away with Brody and fukk him session when the dude Quinn was pissed about that shyt... they let her hop in the car with the PIs and follow Brody RIGHT after she got lost with dude? WHY? That wasn't needed at all.

I guess my gripe with the past few episodes is that they're including Carrie in scenes that aren't needed at all. What difference would it make if Carrie was reporting that Brody got taken by helicopter or one of her PIs? None.

I'm guessing next week we find out what Carrie finds in that dark room with the pipe, but I would much rather she sat her ass down and see how the CIA would handle that without all the extra Carrie shyt.

That's my take on it. I'm still entertained so I'm watching it. But they need to tighten up some things moving forward for me before I just give it the Walking Dead treatment which is full of shaky and just dumb ass writing.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps

But after the run away with Brody and fukk him session when the dude Quinn was pissed about that shyt... they let her hop in the car with the PIs and follow Brody RIGHT after she got lost with dude? WHY? That wasn't needed at all.

Did you pay attention to why she fukked Brody? it was a 50/50 thing, part of her did it for pleasure and the other half did it to try and keep him on track so that the CIA would not throw his ass in jail. The nikka lost hope and was ready to call it quits on the plan till she did all of that. It worked.

I guess my gripe with the past few episodes is that they're including Carrie in scenes that aren't needed at all. What difference would it make if Carrie was reporting that Brody got taken by helicopter or one of her PIs? None.

Carrie wanted to be out in the field and they let her because she understands Brody and has a connection with him. Yes they could have said "sit yo ass down by this computer and watch like the rest of us", but they didn't, they gave her a chance to go out and there and watch over him. He was getting snatched regardless, but that scene just showed me that the CIA had some trust in her still. If i remember correctly it was Saul who authorized her going out there, it may be him not thinking straight or whatever, that would make sense..he has a soft spot for her and her needs.

I'm guessing next week we find out what Carrie finds in that dark room with the pipe, but I would much rather she sat her ass down and see how the CIA would handle that without all the extra Carrie shyt.

nikka she is a main character on the show and works with the CIA. Why wouldn't she be the one to go into that room? She was also kidnapped and held hostage in that same building and because of her crazy behavious she went back there after escaping, thus finding the room. It makes perfect sense for her to be there. You're just reaching right now with this one. This shyt right here is all common sense b.

That's my take on it. I'm still entertained so I'm watching it. But they need to tighten up some things moving forward for me before I just give it the Walking Dead treatment which is full of shaky and just dumb ass writing.

There is no comparison between this show and the walking dead in terms of writing. None.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Did you pay attention to why she fukked Brody? it was a 50/50 thing, part of her did it for pleasure and the other half did it to try and keep him on track so that the CIA would not throw his ass in jail. The nikka lost hope and was ready to call it quits on the plan till she did all of that. It worked.

See, to some watching this show... Carrie can't do any wrong. She can do whatever, no matter if it's a good idea or terrible one. As long as it works it's all good.

Carrie wanted to be out in the field and they let her because she understands Brody and has a connection with him. Yes they could have said "sit yo ass down by this computer and watch like the rest of us", but they didn't, they gave her a chance to go out and there and watch over him. He was getting snatched regardless, but that scene just showed me that the CIA had some trust in her still. If i remember correctly it was Saul who authorized her going out there, it may be him not thinking straight or whatever, that would make sense..he has a soft spot for her and her needs.
Which is dumb ass fukk. So she has a connection with him, ok. How does Carrie following Brody benefit the CIA? Like you said, he was getting taken regardless. It's not like Carrie would be able to save the dude from getting scooped up and flown out in a helicopter.

You know what she could do though? She could blow the whole operation and get Brody killed if Nazir's people spotted her stupid ass while she runs out in a open field as Brody's getting exported. She could put more people in danger like she did when she decided to run back and grab that bag out of dude's home. But since nothing like has happened, it's all good

nikka she is a main character on the show and works with the CIA. Why wouldn't she be the one to go into that room? She was also kidnapped and held hostage in that same building and because of her crazy behavious she went back there after escaping, thus finding the room. It makes perfect sense for her to be there. You're just reaching right now with this one. This shyt right here is all common sense b.
Umm, because she just had a gun to her head by the person that she went back in there for? All the, "she's crazy" shyt is started to become a cop out to shaky writing. Carrie can do whatever the fukk she wants all the stans will say is, "SHE'S CRAZY" yeah, I know this, the CIA knows this, yet they let her tell them what she's going to do regardless of this.

You're reaching for saying it makes "perfect" sense for her to do that. Yeah, it makes perfect sense for someone that wishes to commit suicide.

There is no comparison between this show and the walking dead in terms of writing. None.
Well, I hope they tighten it up a bit because I'm finding myself questioning the logic of some things that they're doing. It won't ever be as bad as TWD (I hope) but I do tend to just :childplease: @ some of the shyt I'm being shoveled. I still have faith in the show don't get it twisted.

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I the only one who dies of laughter every time Brody lies? :russ:

Dudes voice changes into that deep, sort of high voice. He uses this voice with his son Chris often :pachaha: he did it many times in the last episode too

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI

Dudes voice changes into that deep, sort of high voice. He uses this voice with his son Chris often :pachaha: he did it many times in the last episode too

Last edited by a moderator:

Yessir_Araphat

takin money>>gettin money
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
N/S Long Beach

dogg, i was dying a couple episodes again when brody and estes filled the vp in on what was going on and tells the vp that roya is in on it all

brody: "roya's a terrorist??" :merchant:

the way he pretended to be shocked and surprised :russ:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why is nasir alone? he sent ALL of his goons on that botched terrorist attempt?

or he just dont trust anyone anymore?

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dogg, i was dying a couple episodes again when brody and estes filled the vp in on what was going on and tells the vp that roya is in on it all

brody: "roya's a terrorist??" :merchant:

the way he pretended to be shocked and surprised :russ:

:dead:

Perfect example. He did the voice in that scene

Or last episode when he walks out of the hideout condo to speak to Nazir on the phone and there's some secret service guys outside, dudes like "I just have to stretch my legs" :russ: lying ass Brody

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
He ain't bout that life.. Bet he ain't even the real leader...

How you a boss driving yourself everywhere and taking hostages solo :stopitslime:

Also did the CIA forget that Brody tried to kill the Vice President already? Why they lettin this nikka be alone with the president and vp..:whoa:
That just means he's doing something so big it needs to be done by just him.You can't have weak ji's getting caught and getting that Guantanamo Bay treatment to spill where bossman is.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
:dahell: My nikka Finn da gawd got that vitctory speech written already. His pops is in the bushes so you know the prince is ready to sit in that throne. He ain't worried about no 47% or 1%. My nikka's about all the percents...of bytches that is :mjpls: I was scratching my head when I seen him hit up Dana, but when you think about it it makes sense. You can't be having just some random ass PAWGS as first ladies. :scusthov: It's one thing to have a big booty hoe throwing it back in the suite in Morocco, but you can't be on the campaign trail with those ratchet ass bytches. :childplease: Dana's got that first lady steez. She just needs that upgrade. Switch them New Balances for some red bottoms. That Old Navy for some Louis V. That Honda Accord for a Aston Martin. Those mayonnaise sandwiches for some caviar. :salute: My nikka Finn didn't even remember what ol girl he ran over looked like. He was just tryna get Dana back in the stable. Give her another shot. If she's smart she'd stick with the script and get on the Oval Office swag. :obama: Kick that lame nikka Xander over that fiscal cliff and step in Air Force One with the gawd. :whoo: Flying coast to coast. Sipping Moet in the private jet. Eating foie gras at a bistro in Paris then catching a flick at Cannes. :youngsabo: Or...she could stick in that safe house the CIA got her stuck in. Chris da gawd robbing all those 50 inch Vizios, mom dukes giving up the guts to that off brand nikka Mike. Eating those runny ass eggs for breakfast every morning. It's up to her tho. :manny:

On another, less important, note tho. Y'all nikkas keep bringing up 24. I loved 24, but at no point did that show have scenes like the convo between Carrie and Nazir or the convo between Brody and Nazir. This show creates the same intense level of suspense that 24 did without anywhere near the same amount of actual action.

Black Excellence :wow:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Also, when she does crazy shyt like go back after Nazir with a pipe...IT'S IN HER CHARACTER'S NATURE TO DO CRAZY shyt. This has been true since season 1 and when she ran back up the house during season 2 while terrorists where shooting shyt up. Crazy bytches do crazy shyt.

I didn't hint at it. :wtf: are you talking about?

I said if people wanted to use the term, use it where it applies. For example, season 1. I never said "that was a jump the shark moment", I said if people wanted to play that card they should have last season. They didn't, so now people need to chill out using the term any time something doesn't make sense.

And you're missing the whole point of what I said. Re-read what "jump the shark" means. Whether or not a nervous break down is "in her character" has nothing to do with anything. The CIA allowing this crazy bytch to run around unsupervised is out of their character....and the only reason that's a problem is because of her nervous break down/termination from the CIA in season 1. If that never happened all these people talking about :rudy: "how is this bytch still working with the CIA?" have nothing to complain about.

Fred.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
sohh we just gon avoid estes hairline? :comeon:

tumblr_meg081PjvS1qlah3d.png

they better explain this fukkery is next weeks episode :beli:

:dahell: That nikkas hairline goes way back like lifelong friends. nikkas hairline looks like a cul-de-sac. And this nikka wonders why that crazy hoe Carrie moved on up to that terrorist dikk?