In Beilein We Trust!!!!!:The Sequel: 2015-2016 Michigan Wolverines Basketball Thread (Squad 100)

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Right about where it is now...under Beilein...in Year 9. if we wanted to be middle of the big 10 and hoping/ praying for a tourney bid, double digit losses to msu, then Amaker would've been fine.

Oh you can miss me with this bullshyt. "Dirty recruiting" =/ offering players only after official visits, ignoring large amounts of top recruits, focusing on unathletic white big men, etc. I can go on and on.

Remember when people were acting like the final four / elite 8 runs were gonna pay off in recruiting?

Still waiting on the following people to develop:
  • chatman
  • irvin (went backwards)
  • dawkins (went backwards)
  • doyle (went backwards)
  • donnal (finally looks to be worth a scholly)
  • dj wilson (any day now, bruh)
  • dudes like smotrycz / brundridge / vogrich who never panned out
We have a MAC frontcourt right now.

There have been plenty of players who havent developed. Michigan fans think michigan is the one pure school that won't deal with the bagman boogeyman or whatever

And letting Bielfeldt walk away this year was IDIOTIC. Jon Horford wouldve been nice as well last year.

There's no reason we can't be a top 15-20 ish school. I wish someone would have told mark dantonio that michigan state football isn't allowed to win 10 games a year.
this is pretty much correct. guys like walton and irvin havent gotten any better years later. zero quality frontcourt guys. nothing on the horizon worth a shyt. team looks to be middling for the next few years

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
this is pretty much correct. guys like walton and irvin havent gotten any better years later. zero quality frontcourt guys. nothing on the horizon worth a shyt. team looks to be middling for the next few years

Poole and X will be good.

We need a grown man at the 4 and need to find another Caris type *cough*Jamal Cain*cough*

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
i mean, how tough is it to get one scrappy bigs that teams like xavier, pitt, vcu, san diego st etc seem to be loaded with every damn year? you need at least one of those cats to bang down low, defend/get boards and keep others from scoring at will around the tin

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
i mean, how tough is it to get one scrappy bigs that teams like xavier, pitt, vcu, san diego st etc seem to be loaded with every damn year? you need at least one of those cats to bang down low, defend/get boards and keep others from scoring at will around the tin

I had no idea how much we would miss Jordan Morgan

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Poole and X will be good.

We need a grown man at the 4 and need to find another Caris type *cough*Jamal Cain*cough*

Xavier Tillman is a guy who will probably go to Michigan in 17' 6'8 230 short but real powerful

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think Beleins trying hard to find his next Pittsnoggle he's even got another 3 star big man white guy coming on next year but none of these guys have his skill set

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bottom line is Beleins always been a guy who wants his bigs to be able to stretch the floor he's not gonna recruit the athletic defensive minded bigs

Problem is he hasn't found that pick n roll sharp shooting big yet Who beast in his offense

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Playing in Dayton against. Tulsa who we should easily beat, and potentially ND & WV in Brooklyn is much more amenable than being a 9 or 10 seed
Yeah, if they make it to BK. We in there. I'll be out reppin.

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
The one thing that scares me about Tulsa is that they're a senior lead team. Only players on our team that have played in the tournament are Walton and Irvin. Hopefully we continue to play like we did in the Big 10 tourney.

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
Michigan point guard commitment Xavier Simpson was named Mr. Basketball in Ohio this afternoon.

Simpson averaged 27.2 points, 6.1 assists and 3.8 steals per game as a senior and will play in the state semifinal on Friday against Wilmington.

“I always knew whatever you’ve got to do, you’ve got to put in that extra work, more than the average person,” Xavier Simpson told the AP. “And with football I was just going to practice and leaving. I didn’t care. I didn’t do any type of (extra) drills or anything like that, so in basketball I always wanted to do a little more than the average person because I wanted to be great at it.”

Michigan’s last Mr. Basketball from the state of Ohio was Trey Burke, who went on to win Big Ten and NCAA Player of the Year honors during his two seasons at Michigan.

“Oh definitely,” Simpson said. “With me going to Michigan and seeing the success they had with him. What I’m hearing, from out of high school no one ever thought he would go to the NBA. And Michigan put the ball in his hand and helped him make the right decisions and get better as a player. That prepared him for the next level, so hopefully they can do that for me.”

Fellow Michigan commitment Jon Teske was named as one of five additional finalists for the award.

:obama: plays with a chip on his shoulder

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
escaped one tonight :whew:

MAAR saved us when Walton was out the game. Irvin with the clutch 3 to take the lead. Moe Wager is going to good next year especially if he goes hard in the weight room in the off-season. Notre Dame up next.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I think michigan beats ND, if they would've knocked down more 3's tonight, the game wouldn't have been close.