Immanuel Quickley intends to sign a five-year, $175 million deal to return to the Toronto Raptors,

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Knicks fans think he gonna settle for $12-15 a year, They thought Anunoby was settling for 4-$120-140 and Brunson is not gonna sign the 5 $270 he will give them a BIG discount "Because he likes winning".

Not only is most of this wrong, but the guy he quoted isn't even a Knicks fan, but keep telling on yourself lol

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
What exactly is the Raptors long term plan? They're not quite bad enough to totally bottom out with the riff raff like Brooklyn and Washington, but they're obviously not making the playoffs. They're in that Utah zone. Trash but not trash enough.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
the problem is you're paying him as if he grew already

In 2-3 years, 2/3rds of the league will be at least first apron teams if not 2nd apron teams. Free agency is gonna cease to exist outside of the vet min guys,

With the cap going up its projected be 22 % of the cap in years 4-5 its gonna be a standard contract for a guy with all star calibre numbers...

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
What exactly is the Raptors long term plan? They're not quite bad enough to totally bottom out with the riff raff like Brooklyn and Washington, but they're obviously not making the playoffs. They're in that Utah zone. Trash but not trash enough.

They can make the playoffs next year....Chicago is bottoming out so is Atlanta/Brooklyn...There starting 5 when healthy is good enough to be a playoff team.
Its a matter of what they do with Bruce Brown/Gary Trent.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
We understand the cap rules but that doesn't mean that this signing makes total sense..

I'm always not understanding why fans have to accept mediocre signings because "that's the going rate", okay well let someone else pay the rate

It's the same thing in football, T Law gets a crazy deal because "he's supposed to", as if there wasn't any wiggle room in that negotiation, please. :camby:
I was more than cool with T Law getting that contract

Salary cap is way up so premier positions will go way up too

An above average QB will get paid ALOT

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I was more than cool with T Law getting that contract

Salary cap is way up so premier positions will go way up too

An above average QB will get paid ALOT
Well the conversation right now is that QBs will have their own salary cap pool separate from the rest of the team so we'll see how that transpires

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
We understand the cap rules but that doesn't mean that this signing makes total sense..

I'm always not understanding why fans have to accept mediocre signings
because "that's the going rate", okay well let someone else pay the rate

It's the same thing in football, T Law gets a crazy deal because "he's supposed to", as if there wasn't any wiggle room in that negotiation, please. :camby:

The money is the same for every team. The greatness of the players signing fluctuate.

But the money has to be spent.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
18/7/5 as a starter this year
22/5/5 as a starter last year

He can play and is young.
Yeah he is young too. I am not mad at this signing. IQ, RJ, and Scottie is the Raptor young core. They just need to fill the other pieces out with guys not to far out of their core’s timeline.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

We've won a ring more recently than most teama

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
:francis:

I know the newer scale of contracts are all relative to the bargaining agreements and tv deal revenue but 35 for IQ ? I remember owners didn’t wanna give prime Kyrie 30 mil.
WATTBA for an above average player in the league.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Heres the thing about this contract as well its only the 14th highest among starting PGs in the league...

Some of you need to restructure ur mind on salaries in the NBA.35 milliion in 2-3 years is gonna look dated given where salaries are headed...

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
NFL players right now

punch-air-ashtray.gif