Immanuel Quickley intends to sign a five-year, $175 million deal to return to the Toronto Raptors,

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Did Malik Monk leave a lot of money on the table with his 4yr, $80M deal?

malik monk is a backup and was a ufa, quickley is a starter and as well a rfa and would have cost more next year with the new tv deal and cap going up

what raptors did signing barnes and quickley to long term deals its actually saving them because they would have got more if they waited till next year

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
thats the going rate nowadays

hell nic claxton got 25 mill a year for being a big man avg 11 points and 9 boards and he doesnt even shoot the 3

y'all are stuck a few years ago this is the new nba, nikkaz gonna be pissed when free agency opens and isaiah hartenstein is signing a 4 year 100 million dollar deal somewhere :mjlol:

Knicks fans think he gonna settle for $12-15 a year, They thought Anunoby was settling for 4-$120-140 and Brunson is not gonna sign the 5 $270 he will give them a BIG discount "Because he likes winning".

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
35 million a year for Quickley?

25 million a year I could see but 35 seems too rich. I guess they’re paying that extra 10 million a year based off the hope he maximizes his potential but this is a crazy deal for a guy who’s never averaged 20 ppg

IN the games as a Raptor where he started he averaged 20 tho ?

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

malik monk is a backup and was a ufa, quickley is a starter and as well a rfa and would have cost more next year with the new tv deal and cap going up

what raptors did signing barnes and quickley to long term deals its actually saving them because they would have got more if they waited till next year

You expect these bum ass nikkas who take the bus everyday and look for change in the sofa to eat lunch to understand economics or business of the NBA,the rate of these contracts in year 4-5 for both less than 25 % of the projected cap thats exactly where you want to be when the cap is going up...

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
IQ can shoot, handle the ball, pass and is an underrated defender. He's their starting PG and is getting 35M AAV... not sure why there's so much outcry here

I think hes gonna take a big leap next year and 2025-26...now that hes out of Thibs clutches and has offensive freedom.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think hes gonna take a big leap next year and 2025-26...now that hes out of Thibs clutches and has offensive freedom.
He's only started like 70 games his career. There's plenty of room to grow. He can play both on and off ball, is a better defender than you'd think and averaged 19/7/5 with the Raptors.

I said when the trade went down that IQ was the jewel of the OG trade for the Raps

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Knicks fans think he gonna settle for $12-15 a year, They thought Anunoby was settling for 4-$120-140 and Brunson is not gonna sign the 5 $270 he will give them a BIG discount "Because he likes winning".

:heh:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
He's only started like 70 games his career. There's plenty of room to grow. He can play both on and off ball, is a better defender than you'd think and averaged 19/7/5 with the Raptors.

I said when the trade went down that IQ was the jewel of the OG trade for the Raps

If he plays like he did last year with Toronto its a meh contract but if he takes a step forward from last year that contract will be a great value in years 3-5.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
If he plays like he did last year with Toronto its a meh contract but if he takes a step forward from last year that contract will be a great value in years 3-5.

I think he will be better. Alot of games he played raptors were literally putting out garbage with him. With Barrett, Barnes should be much better and more efficient

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I think he will be better. Alot of games he played raptors were literally putting out garbage with him. With Barrett, Barnes should be much better and more efficient

I completely agree before IQ got traded i said he was a player the Raptors should be targeting after FVV left....If everyone is healthy he will put up big numbers....im thinking 21/7/6 type numbers on 45/38/80.

Always liked him when he was in NY.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

the problem is you're paying him as if he grew already

In 2-3 years, 2/3rds of the league will be at least first apron teams if not 2nd apron teams. Free agency is gonna cease to exist outside of the vet min guys,

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It’s crazy NBA fans would rather engage in GOAT talk and gossip and not have rudimentary knowledge of the cap rules.

This thread speaks to current state of NBA fandom. Narratives.
We understand the cap rules but that doesn't mean that this signing makes total sense..

I'm always not understanding why fans have to accept mediocre signings because "that's the going rate", okay well let someone else pay the rate

It's the same thing in football, T Law gets a crazy deal because "he's supposed to", as if there wasn't any wiggle room in that negotiation, please. :camby: