Im trying not to be a tv snob and just spend stupidly, what's your take on Hisense

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Screen just went black one time and was never able to fix it.. Tried resets etc. I know a engineer who I gave it to and he took it apart and said it was dead and thats common with cheaper tvs. Cheaper brands make them kind of disposable since they are cheaper nowadays.. That way in 3-5 years you can buy another cheap tv from the brand..

damn smh

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The minimal research I've done on Hisense is that they're not bad TVs by any means. TCL is likely your other best option around that quality/price range.

I'd say from personal experience, avoid Vizio, despite how attractive the price point might be.

OLED is great, but it's not for everybody. It really depends on your room. I'm incredibly happy with my OLED, but I may need to rotate it into a bedroom soon, because the living room at my soon to be new place might let a little too much light in for it to shine.

Either way, getting a protection plan on it is a must. Unfortunately, where a lot of the mid tier brands widen the gap in cost is components. It's a bit more common to see input failures, dead pixels, and other general mechanical fukkery with them.

Last edited:

FcKuPaYmE

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Got the u7g in my guest room. Great tv with a lot of modern features for the price.

They also got that 100 day guarantee. Try it for up to 100 days if you dont like it you can get a full refund.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Careful getting advice around here on TVs.
One day they’ll be arguing that the human eye can’t even see 4k. Then it’s CRT TVs are better than anything else. Then it’s, yo brehs, this ONN tv from wall mart is piff brehs!

Never listen to anything Courtdog says. nikka bought a Walmart OLED and now you can’t tell him shyt

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Changed my mind every day this week. Looks like today is the Samsung neo qled or lg c1

Start with the basics to narrow it down. Three questions that should help:

What room are you using it in? That'll help you figure out if you really want OLED or not, based on how bright the room is.

What are you hooking up to it? That'll help you figure out how important HDMI 2.1 support is, and what your acceptable minimum number of 2.1 ports is.

What's the usage looking like? Gaming, movies, etc?

Because realistically speaking, most reviews and advice are probably going to make most TVs seem like strong buys, and have you changing your mind constantly. But little shyt like those questions helps you eliminate options that might be good, but aren't giving you enough of what you're looking for.

For example, I ended up going with the C1 not just because of picture quality, but I needed four HDMI 2.1 ports to connect all my shyt. The next TV I get isn't going to need all that, so that opens up a few more options for me.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Hisense makes the best non OLED tvs price/performance wise followed by TCL

LG OLED
Hisense
TCL 5/6 Series

^These are the dope choices for fall 2021 if you copping anything else you fukked up

Copping a sub $1000 sony, samsung, lg, vizio LED tv is an L all those screens are trash compared to Hisense

:jbhmm:

Any of y'all know any good deals going on for the 65 inch u8g?