NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
That's refreshing honest. Takes a lot to be able to check yourself when it comes to social media and how it affects you and your interaction in the real world. Hope you are able to recharge and come back stronger. Your input is always valued, even if there are disagreements.

Im not surprised hes exhausted. He and @Dafunkdoc_Unlimited have been combatting woeful anti-science posters for months with the seeming intent of educating them and lurkers as to the data and merits of the vaccination..both for the good of their own and the country as a whole. Seemingly. But, as mostly an onlooker, I've seen it almost come to a standstill because many of these people simply arent budging. When you extrapolate that stubbornness out into society it gives you a glimpse into the minds of the people who are (again seemingly) holding the country back in at least this one particular event and it is exasperating

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
It sounds like you don't need a break from the forum. You just need a break from the ignorance in TLR.
The number of daps awful posts and posters get in TLR is what makes the place disturbing.

You’ll read something like “ok this person is a troubled sociopath” then it’ll get like 70 daps and cosigns.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
What makes @Rhakim so good is he puts so much time and energy into his responses. I can’t do that. I can admit that sometimes I just go off and curse someone out:russ: because I just don’t have the patience. Sometimes I just respond without even reading the whole post because I think I know where it’s going and I just get so annoyed.

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One provaxxer down,about 20 to go:lolbron:

But no,seriously your a good poster whether I agree or not. But I've seen you post and you've bought this frustration on yourself.
You like to build buildings where there is no foundation,which would be frustration for anyone.
You will write long thought out post,with links to backup what your saying. When the person you are arguing with isn't trying to do that.
You have to learn to build with those who wanna build, and are willing to learn or be wrong in the proccess.
Anything I post, I post for myself with the understanding somebody will get it out there in the world. Plus I am actively working to brainwash thecoli with repetitive narratives.
This ain't a debate team,give us info that's important to YOU,teach us what you need us to learn from the heart.
All those post in those vaccine threads are not feeding your soul breh.
You obviously like to teach, but your giving up like those teachers in school who give up because they can't teach what they want to teach.
But difference is you can teach whatever you are passionate about here#NoExcuses
Your going to run into this same problem with people you care about,trust me I know:francis:#You'llBeBack
Coli is home of the most insightful black men on the planet.

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What makes @Rhakim so good is he puts so much time and energy into his responses. I can’t do that. I can admit that sometimes I just go off and curse someone out:russ: because I just don’t have the patience Sometimes I just respond without even reading the whole post because I think I know where it’s going and I just get so annoyed.

Same thing I just told him.
Those vaccine threads just got him tired like the flu game:lolbron:
But I know for a fact he's not passionate about vaccines so why waste time there and frustrate yourself,unless you work for Pfizer or the CDC.
He's been here long enough he should have discernment on who to engage and who not to engage.
I'm sure he does,but maybe he just feel he has to prove his point or prove he is right. He should consider this a challenge to overcome
wlHloyr.png

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Thanks for the kind messages all. Forgot to add, if I have one legacy on here (besides just saying, follow the science, serve God, and stop dividing the community on identity!), it was the historical beefs series, especially when John Boyd Jr. himself posted it onto the National Black Farmers Association's own facebook page. The work I put into this is what I'm most proud of in my time here.

ALEXANDER HAMILTON AND AARON BURR BEEN DEAD 200 YEARS N STILL REALER THAN YA FAVORITE RAPPER (not mine, @th_412 just gave me a style to run with)

Historical beefs #2: When Kozo Noshino had to drop da bomb

Historical beefs #3: Robert Smalls vs. the Confederates

Historical beefs #4: Cleopatra

Historical beefs #5: The Greatest Sports Rivalry of All Time

Historical beefs #6: W.E.B. versus Booker T

Historical beefs #7: Bloody Scottish b*stards

Historical beefs #8: John Boyd Jr. versus the USDA

Historical beefs #9: Kwame Nkrumah vs. White Supremacy

Historical beefs #10: The Black Race Space Race
:russ:

It’s always a dope minor accomplishment when your posts crossover. A few I can think of…

Back in the sohh days, I wrote a parody rap about the Suns when they lost 4-1 to the Spurs in the 1st round set to Jay Z’s Takeover and it got reposted to blogs and stuff across the net (I can’t believe I’ve been posting that long).

I also have seen people call Tony Parker “Monsieur steal ya girl,” on other sites, a phrase I coined here (although it’s possible others came up with it independently).

I wrote a summary of a Jacksonville rap/gang beef in TLR last year that bytch ass Mediafakeout copied basically verbatim :pacspit:

And I know for a fact someone sent this thread to Benny to Butcher.

Benny the Butcher dry snitches on his plugs in every verse

Then on his last album he said something like “they saying I’m talking too much in my raps.” :lolbron:

Last edited:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Anyway @Rhakim is a great poster and will be missed. I definitely understand how frustrating it can be to try and “fight the good fight” here and how you can get too immersed in it and it can effect your perspective and mood. It’s happened to me before.

I got permabanned at my own request in 2016 and was sure I was gone for good. Why I came back 3 years is a long story and kinda embarrassing lol. I never intended to start posting again after I reached out to get unbanned but here I am. Well wishes to the OP.

Last edited:

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
We disagreed on many things but I still had respect for your posting. I would recommend staying away from TLR, I legit went several years without even entering TLR, I still don't enter through the main forum link, because I know that the topics are going to boost my cortisol/stress levels with the quickness.

There are some really smart bro's in those threads who I see becoming bitter, angry, and overly judgmental who I think would benefit greatly from stepping away from TLR overall and engage more with HL, but I've gotten the sense that they want to engage in pithy takes instead of engaging with constraints, counterarguments, and tradeoffs which on their best days are analytical elements HL fosters that TLR generally does not.

But I get it, man, I've been thinking about abstaining from all social media myself but the human brain vs algorithm battle is one that I find myself losing. The desire for rivalry and being right can become addicting, as you initially get the dopamine hit similar to eating a good donut, but just like that sugar rush, there is a subsequent crash.

The alternative I've found healthy is to seek out people and institutions where rivalry and petty competition are replaced by collaboration and long-term investment in shared higher values. For example, I've been in a year-long fight with my family regarding their diet and it's a battle I'm losing, embodied by recently finding out my mom has been diagnosed with Type-2 diabetes. But collaborating with folks in my circle regarding diet and nutrition has kept me energized and optimistic, serving as an emotional buffer for the negative aspects present around me.

And so, I hope you find things and people that you can emotionally invest in that build you up. Our life and identity are defined by the higher values that we act on a lot more than the values we despise and try to battle.

Starski

Superstar
Daps
Your a great poster man, understand 100% why you need to go.

Hell, there have been numerous times I just wanted to tell you and @gabbo

“Just stop at this point, y’all wasting your energy on people who are not looking to learn”.

In your new found free time I hope your able to connect with people who are :ehh:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Tired of constant fighting even over the most mundane facts. Tired of anti-woman, anti-immigrant, and other stuff that just divides the community. Tired of expending the paragraphs of energy it takes to debunk every short line of unsourced bullshyt. Most of all, tired of having discussions where no one knows who each other is and too many relationships are either negative or nonexistent. I've decided I need to focus my energy on people who actually know me and people I actually know, where the real shyt we've done and cred we have stands before every word we say.

And I'm gonna be honest I've participated in a lot of the negative shyt here. I find myself becoming a more aggressive, more argumentative, more derogatory person the more I post here. It's seeping into other parts of my life, and I don't like it. So like I've been telling folk since last week (and hinting at for longer than that), I'm getting out of here.

Doesn't mean I'm not gonna miss a lot of you. @FAH1223, @Booksnrain, @gabbo, I respect the hell out of all of you and will be sad not to interact anymore. @Orbital-Fetus, @storyteller, @Cole Cash, @neotheflyingone, @hashmander, @Reality, @Russ, @Sukairain, @Starman, @Robbie3000, @19-, @Serious, @Black Panther, @Jimmy from Linkedin, @Ya' Cousin Cleon, @IllmaticDelta, @88m3, @A.R.$, @2Quik4UHoes, @VegasCAC, @The axe murderer, @Secure Da Bag, @PewPew, @AZBeauty, @Yapdatfool, @lightskin jermaine, @mc_brew, @AndroidHero, @Dr. Acula, @BoBurnz, @intra vires, @Apollo Kid, @Sbp, @Taharqa, @Spatial Paradox, @Mantis Toboggan M.D., @GnauzBookOfRhymes, and even @DEAD7, thanks for being supportive when I did the Historical Beefs series and many of y'all in the other times too. @duncanthetall, @Wild self, @mastermind, @Dray5K, @GPBear, @Dafunkdoc_Unlimited, @Stir Fry, @mobbinfms, @nyknick, @mastermind, I was usually happy to see you input into a thread. @BigAggieLean., @Paper Boi, @Drip Bayless, @™BlackPearl The Empress™ you good people. All you fools in the Coliseum too, the true bball knowledge contingent is more than I can name, just recognize LBJ is undisputed top-2 of all time. @Walt is the legend. @Rarely-Wrong Liggins I always respected you a lot even when we butted heads on shyt. @Barnett114 and @Houston911 thanks for being decent mods.

I know there's a lot of other names that deserved a shoutout but I'm terrible with remembering folks' names, please don't take offense if I left you out.

Remember that those who really care about the Black community and are willing to put their necks on the line for the entire diaspora ain't all that common in this world. We gotta stick together as a community and look out for each other if we're gonna make it anywhere. Stay positive and treat each other with grace, more grace than I've been able to show here.

Yeah... This place is a cesspool. I'm starting to realize how detached from reality most people here really are.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Good riddance. This self congratulatory shyt is evidence by how much he would proclaim he was blocking people.

I agree with most of what you post but if you don't have the rigor to wade in these waters, then what are you really doing?

I've literally never blocked anyone on here. Whats that say about you? @Rhakim

Theres actual fundamentally stupid people on here. And I know i'm better than them. So why do you think you need to do this performative resignation? Just stand on your square and endure the hate.

People neg me on here like I give a fukk.

And i'm usually always right in the long run. i.e. Russia and most foreign affairs on here.
:laff:

I’m dyin right now

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Good riddance. This self congratulatory shyt is evidence by how much he would proclaim he was blocking people.

I agree with most of what you post but if you don't have the rigor to wade in these waters, then what are you really doing?

I've literally never blocked anyone on here. Whats that say about you? @Rhakim

Theres actual fundamentally stupid people on here. And I know i'm better than them. So why do you think you need to do this performative resignation? Just stand on your square and endure the hate.

People neg me on here like I give a fukk.

And i'm usually always right in the long run. i.e. Russia and most foreign affairs on here.

Bruh... You sound insane.