I’m predicting some states are going to shutdown again.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It isn't 1% of the population dying. As i stated in my post it is FAR LESS THAN 1% of the population dying.

It's been 120k deaths in the United States. The population is 330 million. That is .003% of the population. And if you want to zero in more, if you take out the nursing homes, that number is damn near cut in half. This is a nursing home "crisis" if anything. You can't go and shut down the country and screw over far more people than the virus. Look at the unemployment numbers....its in the millions. Look at the companies shutting down...Do you think the restaurant business can sustain closing their doors again? People getting furloughed, hours reduced, unable to pay mortgages and student loans as of today. Another shutdown will have by far greater of an impact on people than LESS than 1% of the population dying who are mostly in their later years in life.

Sidebar: What do you think is going to happen when September rolls around and people have to pay 6 months of mortgage? Think about the foreclosures. That will be the real 2nd wave/crisis.

@dh86

Yea which is why I feel another shutdown would be catastrophic. People don’t realize the destruction being caused right now. Unemployment is terrible now, it will get even worse. As long as Trump is there, I’m afraid nothing gets better until he’s gone. He’s a sociopath, he looks at deaths and thinks the number should be way worse so he’s doing a good job. Also thinks he passed that responsibility over to the governors so if dhit hits the fan it’s not his fault.