I'm Officially DONE with Marvel.. Delete this thread. fukk the MCU and fukk Disney

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get all that.

Part of me wishes Disney would’ve never bought Marvel to be honest. But I know without that plug, the budgets would’ve been smaller and there would be no Fox deal.

But it just seems like the MCU as a whole has been neutered. Iron Man has stood the rest of time, because it wasn’t made with families and children in mind.

They have taken chances, but the MCU hasn’t reached its full potential because of the Disney brand.

I def agree with that. If only there was a way for them to grow without being COMPLETELY beholden to Disney, but it can work if done correctly.

I think projects like I Am Groot can do well toward creating the kind of diversity that is needed to get back to that feeling that Iron Man gave you.

If you can swing to that extreme to do a show that can appeal to toddlers, go in the opposite direction to the same degree. Stuff like Moonknight is a good compromise but if that's the ceiling this Daredevil reborn shyt is going to get panned. It can be done but it can't be no half measures.
This is bullshyt. Disney bought Marvel right after the first Avengers movie. All of people's favorite Marvel movie and TV content was created under the Disney umbrella. From Winter Soldier to all the Netflix shows, Disney was cutting the check.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
This is bullshyt. Disney bought Marvel right after the first Avengers movie. All of people's favorite Marvel movie and TV content was created under the Disney umbrella. From Winter Soldier to all the Netflix shows, Disney was cutting the check.

This is true

Marvels been with Disney for a minute now. This ain’t happen like 2-6 movies/shows ago

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

This is true

Marvels been with Disney for a minute now. This ain’t happen like 2-6 movies/shows ago

I don't think that's what either of us were saying though.

I appreciate Disney for giving Marvel Studios the budget, I've enjoyed a lot thier content and look forward to what they got coming up next. But the further they got along in the partnership, the more Disney started relying on Marvel, the more the Disney brand put a cap on what and where Marvel studios could go.

Imagine how much better Hawkeye (my least favorite Disney+ show, that was still enjoyable) would have been on Netflix. That's where you start wondering 'What if" from Ironman 1 on up, given the same budgets without the Disney brands constraints, how different would all of this look? This is why there are concerns for a Blade revival, or even the new DD series which will ineveitably be compared to the Netflix run and will catch backlash if it's too "Disney".

It's a legitimate question/argument to make because even Marvel Studios themselves understand that they need to push the boundaries and can only do it at the pace that the Disney brand will allow. As much of a piece of shyt that Bob Chapek seems, he seems more open to the idea of allowing Marvel to do more content for adults

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I appreciate Disney for giving Marvel Studios the budget, I've enjoyed a lot thier content and look forward to what they got coming up next. But the further they got along in the partnership, the more Disney started relying on Marvel, the more the Disney brand put a cap on what and where Marvel studios could go.

Imagine how much better Hawkeye (my least favorite Disney+ show, that was still enjoyable) would have been on Netflix. That's where you start wondering 'What if" from Ironman 1 on up, given the same budgets without the Disney brands constraints, how different would all of this look? This is why there are concerns for a Blade revival, or even the new DD series which will ineveitably be compared to the Netflix run and will catch backlash if it's too "Disney".

It's a legitimate question/argument to make because even Marvel Studios themselves understand that they need to push the boundaries and can only do it at the pace that the Disney brand will allow. As much of a piece of shyt that Bob Chapek seems, he seems more open to the idea of allowing Marvel to do more content for adults
Without Disney Marvel might not have ever had a Netflix deal in the first place. Being on Netflix has its own issues with popular shows being canceled after 2 seasons.

Marvel is moving in a new direction because the previous saga ended and a new one has begun. They have to rebuild the universe as a multiverse and help people understand the new status quo. The violence levels haven't changed overall. If Blade has action like the Winter Soldier but isn't bloody or R rated it will still be great.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

I don’t think anything you said is wrong. And I don’t NOT disagree with you.

But I do think there is too much overthinking of this…. From all sides (Marvel fans, Marvel haters, & Disney company itself)

Also shyt is too broad and needs to be correctly defined. Like what is “too Disney,” what really does that mean, what are these boundaries and what specifically needs to be pushed in regards?

That tag gets sometimes unfairly thrown around and used as a negative. But when there are things outside that pretty fall in the same lane or category, no one has that same feeling/complaints and more cases they enjoy (Aquaman and Shazaam as examples).

Cuz an argument can be made that they have and already been pushing boundaries, but maybe it’s not the boundaries some may want. So maybe that should be clarified.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Without Disney Marvel might not have ever had a Netflix deal in the first place. Being on Netflix has its own issues with popular shows being canceled after 2 seasons.

Marvel is moving in a new direction because the previous saga ended and a new one has begun. They have to rebuild the universe as a multiverse and help people understand the new status quo. The violence levels haven't changed overall. If Blade has action like the Winter Soldier but isn't bloody or R rated it will still be great.

I agree on the bold, but then again it ain't about Netflix the company, it's about the fact that those shows had a level of freedom that has not really been there under the Disney brand. Give Feige the same amount of money with none of the constraints of keeping everything kid friendly across the board, I think things would be quite a bit different.

I still think a PG13 Blade can still be good/great but up until Bob Igor left, the gameplan was always keep Disney (and thus Marvel by association) well within the confines of what Disney is known for. Wether or not to expand to making content for more mature audiences has supposedly caused a major rift between behind the scenes.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Also shyt is too broad and needs to be correctly defined. Like what is “too Disney,” what really does that mean, what are these boundaries and what specifically needs to be pushed in regards?

As I said above, Bob Iger's mission was to keep all things Disney family friendly. So while some of these complaints can be a bit abstract, when it comes to writing and tone, it's easy to see a distinction between a show like Daredevil and Hawkeye.

And being that the MCU is the standard, anything that deviates from the 'family friendly' tone gets instant praise as the antithesis of Marvel movies (like The Batman, which I thought was wack overall).

Oh and the new Thor movie (haven't seen it yet), one of the biggest complaints I've seen thus far is the lack of god-butchering by Gorr which seemingly got cut to better stay on brand.

Cuz an argument can be made that they have and already been pushing boundaries, but maybe it’s not the boundaries some may want. So maybe that should be clarified.

Oh they have been, especially lately which is why I said it CAN work. But the concerns/criticisms about the limitations up until now are very valid as they start rolling out stuff like Moon Knight, integrating The Defenders saga. Deadpool, attempting to give directors more leeway ect.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
As I said above, Bob Iger's mission was to keep all things Disney family friendly. So while some of these complaints can be a bit abstract, when it comes to writing and tone, it's easy to see a distinction between a show like Daredevil and Hawkeye.

And being that the MCU is the standard, anything that deviates from the 'family friendly' tone gets instant praise as the antithesis of Marvel movies (like The Batman, which I thought was wack overall).

Oh and the new Thor movie (haven't seen it yet), one of the biggest complaints I've seen thus far is the lack of god-butchering by Gorr which seemingly got cut to better stay on brand.

Oh they have been, especially lately which is why I said it CAN work. But the concerns/criticisms about the limitations up until now are very valid as they start rolling out stuff like Moon Knight, integrating The Defenders saga. Deadpool, attempting to give directors more leeway ect.

I forgot of it was Igor or the new guy… but one of them said they was open to changes in the future.

I think we all know it’s not gonna happen overnight but they definitely are moving, even if it’s snails pace.

It’s definitely moving slower in the US. As even though they just did the ratings Parental lock thing a few months ago, it seems like at the beginning of the year people been able to watch Rated R content on Disney+ in other country’s.

But I think I wanna see what Deadpool looks like and I’ll judge Daredevil after I see the future seasons.

I don’t get the issues or scary talk shyt with Blade too much. Outside of like blood sprinklers or pools of blood, I don’t recall too much graphic shyt in the OG movies. (Maybe I need to go back). And when he stabbed vampires they pretty much caught on fire and exploded. That’s not R level graphic

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I forgot of it was Igor or the new guy… but one of them said they was open to changes in the future.

I think we all know it’s not gonna happen overnight but they definitely are moving, even if it’s snails pace.

It’s definitely moving slower in the US. As even though they just did the ratings Parental lock thing a few months ago, it seems like at the beginning of the year people been able to watch Rated R content on Disney+ in other country’s.

But I think I wanna see what Deadpool looks like and I’ll judge Daredevil after I see the future seasons.

I don’t get the issues or scary talk shyt with Blade too much. Outside of like blood sprinklers or pools of blood, I don’t recall too much graphic shyt in the OG movies. (Maybe I need to go back). And when he stabbed vampires they pretty much caught on fire and exploded. That’s not R level graphic

The new guy is Bob Chapek which people seem to hate lol, but it's supposedly a faction that rides with him on the topic of opening the doors for more mature content vs. Igers model of keeping everything on brand.

One thing I do not like is hearing that since Eternals had mixed reception he's been pressuring directors to cut runtimes.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
The new guy is Bob Chapek which people seem to hate lol, but it's supposedly a faction that rides with him on the topic of opening the doors for more mature content vs. Igers model of keeping everything on brand.

One thing I do not like is hearing that since Eternals had mixed reception he's been pressuring directors to cut runtimes.

Some of the complaints was due to a character being gay and then that character being black and gay.

Which was puzzling to me cuz the counterparts in their world been introduced gay characters and super hero’s.

Now I get it’s on a smaller scale screen wise…. But it was MULTIPLE cases and on platforms one can say is wider than theater. Hell there is even a Transgender super hero.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Some of the complaints was due to a character being gay and then that character being black and gay.

Which was puzzling to me cuz the counterparts in their world been introduced gay characters and super hero’s.

Now I get it’s on a smaller scale screen wise…. But it was MULTIPLE cases and on platforms one can say is wider than theater. Hell there is even a Transgender super hero.

The "gay agenda" people can eat a dikk :skip:

But I know for the people who actually saw redeeming qualities in the movie, they wanted MORE time with the characters even if it meant a longer movie. Shorter runtimes = more times played in theaters.

I would hate to find out that MOM or even L&T could have been better if it weren't for him adjusting shyt just to sell more tickets. This is kinda why I'm much more excited for the shows than I am the movies lately which seems to be the opposite of everyone else.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

On one hand I get your point on the other hand U. S. Agent decapitated a guy in Falcon and The Winter Soldier. Marvel varies on tone and violence level depending on the character and story being told. Hawkeye was a passing of the torch/Christmas story. It was always going to be lighter in tone and it was marketed that way. I doubt Blade will be the same.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
295834829_843606363226469_3266115308029622088_n.jpg