I'm Officially DONE with Marvel.. Delete this thread. fukk the MCU and fukk Disney

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Man screw all of this it's been long enough. I want X-Men and I want them now. Give Ironheart a damn movie also.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's already been 3 years since that Disney Fox transaction closed 5 since they originally announced it. Yeah things take time but 3 years seems like it would be enough to officially announce something X-Men related. Hell they're announcing 2025 movies in 2022.
The shift to mutants will carry the franchise for the next couple decades. They know they can still milk the avengers for a while. I wouldn’t be surprised if X-Men doesn’t happen until phase 7

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The shift to mutants will carry the franchise for the next couple decades. They know they can still milk the avengers for a while. I wouldn’t be surprised if X-Men doesn’t happen until phase 7
This

The X-Men Universe is so dense that we can have multiple X-Men movies, Logan solos (Madripoor, Japan, etc.) mega events and then eventually AvX

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This assumes in a few decades people will have the same appetite for movies based on super heroes they do today. Hollywood goes through phases. When I was younger they made all these disaster movies for example. Today almost none get made. They're milking this so much eventually I think people will get burned out of a perpetually ongoing never ending saga where everything anticipated is a reference to something else in the saga or a teaser for where the saga goes next.

I'm not saying burnout is guaranteed to happen but it's possible.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This assumes in a few decades people will have the same appetite for movies based on super heroes they do today. Hollywood goes through phases. When I was younger they made all these disaster movies for example. Today almost none get made. They're milking this so much eventually I think people will get burned out of a perpetually ongoing never ending saga where everything anticipated is a reference to something else in the saga or a teaser for where the saga goes next.

I'm not saying burnout is guaranteed to happen but it's possible.
I will say it is kinda starting there is a certain contigent of people that are tired of the MCU dominating and champion anything that gets similar box office as 'refreshing'. But the MCU will not lose standing until another franchise or a few franchises offer an alternative where they provide good talking points before and after a movie drops and ha e people anticipating "what's next?". Right now there isn’t anything like that yet.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I don’t think people realise just how much content there is there with the X Men, we’re not talking like an X Men Trilogy, we’re potentially looking at Origin Movies for Logan, Cyclops, Gambit, Storm, Jean, Charles & Magneto before we even get an X Men movie, and then of course any solo sequel movies for any of these characters the same way we did for Iron Man, Cap, Thor…These are whole phases by themselves

shyt, X Men movies might replace Avenger movies as the big team up events when they’re against Magneto, Apocalypse, Mr Sinister ect