I'm Officially DONE with Marvel.. Delete this thread. fukk the MCU and fukk Disney

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It just really hit me watching Wandavision that this stuff is going to perpetually go on forever. Most stories have some sort of destination in mind when they're told but this cinematic universe exist simply to tell endless stories. Nothing is fulfilling everything ends in a sequel tease or a plot thread to something else.
giphy.webp

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don’t know I guess I see a story having value in building up to an ending. This is literally just a never ending saga. Nothing gives any real closure to it. You get to the end of an arc and you’re instantly checking for the next story tease. DC might be right to abandon that form of storytelling. Wandavision barely had an ending. It just resolved the final conflict the presented story threads for the next works. These characters will be fighting these battles until they get killed off because the actors get sick of it and bounce.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I don’t know I guess I see a story having value in building up to an ending. This is literally just a never ending saga. Nothing gives any real closure to it. You get to the end of an arc and you’re instantly checking for the next story tease. DC might be right to abandon that form of storytelling. Wandavision barely had an ending. It just resolved the final conflict the presented story threads for the next works. These characters will be fighting these battles until they get killed off because the actors get sick of it and bounce.

Wandavision is or was supposed to lead to Dr Strange 2. Covid fukked up the order of their shows

To a degree.... there has been closure IM3 and Cap had a sense of closure the story being told with them. Endgame closed a lot of shyt.... but like with life.... new challenges arrive

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Sounds a lot like life/reality to me. There will vey only one end, everything before that is progress.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Wandavision is or was supposed to lead to Dr Strange 2. Covid fukked up the order of their shows

To a degree.... there has been closure IM3 and Cap had a sense of closure the story being told with them. Endgame closed a lot of shyt.... but like with life.... new challenges arrive
Closure came there because actors wanted to bounce. Nobody wants to play these demanding roles forever. It’s basically Grey’s Anatomy where most of the original cast got sick of being on such a long running show so when contracts ended longstanding characters had to be written out or killed off.

That’s not to say they can’t keep putting out quality content but at some point them making content because it makes money and not because they had a story in mind they wanted to tell is gonna catch up to them.

I guess before then they’ll simply reboot and start over.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
The comic life can be cruel man.

:mjcry:

Just wait til the MCU starts tossing out all the different variations of Hulk and Wolverine!!

:mjlit:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It just really hit me watching Wandavision that this stuff is going to perpetually go on forever. Most stories have some sort of destination in mind when they're told but this cinematic universe exist simply to tell endless stories. Nothing is fulfilling everything ends in a sequel tease or a plot thread to something else.

And eventually, this will be you...... 40 years from now at the latest MCU opening weekend

640-01366510en_Masterfile.jpg

:wow: #marvelset

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I Wandavision barely had an ending. It just resolved the final conflict the presented story threads for the next works. .

The real conflict in WandaVision was with grief...when does that ever really end? At what point does 'real life' reach resolutions that don't set up natural progress?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The real conflict in WandaVision was with grief...when does that ever really end? At what point does 'real life' reach resolutions that don't set up natural progress?
You know what? When I'm watching a written story I'm not looking for real life. I don't need to be lectured about real life in a series with flying witches that construct their own reality in a hex.

I mean we watch this now and are satisfied with it but it is a product that purely exist to be a cash cow. Shows like LOST got harped on when people figured out there wasn't a plan and much of the stuff it showed was a room of writers making stuff up as it went along. Love Nolan's Batman or hate it it was a trilogy and it ended. The fact that this is a shared universe with a persistent story between movies just turns this into an endless saga. We're possibly facing Ironman #2, Thor #2, we have Captain America #2.

That may very well be a major reason some of these prestigious film makers shyt on these movies because while every film wants to be a success many of them begin with the kernel a storyteller wanting to tell a story. All these begin with the kernel of a corporation wanting to continue an endless saga for the money. I mean I looked up White Vision after Wandavision and the director is basically like I don't know where that's going that's someone else's story to tell.

I mean they have many decides of comic book stories to pull from and adapt. They'll continue to do that until not until they finish telling the story they wanted to tell originally but until people lose interest and the cash cow dies. The MCU is on the opposite end of the spectrum as Star Wars which also clearly exist to be cashed in on but hasn't discovered the formula to get people to forget that and simply enjoy the show.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
You know what? When I'm watching a written story I'm not looking for real life. I don't need to be lectured about real life in a series with flying witches that construct their own reality in a hex.

I mean we watch this now and are satisfied with it but it is a product that purely exist to be a cash cow. Shows like LOST got harped on when people figured out there wasn't a plan and much of the stuff it showed was a room of writers making stuff up as it went along. Love Nolan's Batman or hate it it was a trilogy and it ended. The fact that this is a shared universe with a persistent story between movies just turns this into an endless saga. We're possibly facing Ironman #2, Thor #2, we have Captain America #2.

That may very well be a major reason some of these prestigious film makers shyt on these movies because while every film wants to be a success many of them begin with the kernel a storyteller wanting to tell a story. All these begin with the kernel of a corporation wanting to continue an endless saga for the money. I mean I looked up White Vision after Wandavision and the director is basically like I don't know where that's going that's someone else's story to tell.

The immersion factor, drawing from real life to supply different stories to tell (for a multitude of creators) within an ever expanding sandbox is what the Marvel brand has thrived on before they got Marvel Studios off the ground lol. All they've done is translate that to a different medium.

Giving different creators chances to execute their vision within that sandbox is what will keep them from having stupid shyt like 3 of 4 different Batman properties out at once that have zero connection to each other or endless reboots to try and revive the cash cows. If we're on Cap #2 it must mean there was some sort of ending to the first.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I’m thinking the secondary characters are getting full fleshed arcs to become main characters
Eventually these characters will leave/die and we’ll see the new secondary characters take their spot
The mcu will last until it’s no longer profitable

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
I mean, eventually this will all end, and will start from scratch again somehow.

They’re going to want to tell stories with Tony Stark and Steve Rodgers especially.